Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

-

"..how much longer are we going to be here for?" Novalee questioned, it's been hours since they been at the police station, and she was getting restless,

Fat Louis hasn't been fed yet, and it passed his feeding time.

"Um, just a little while longer." Dewey replied, looking down at some files, and novalee leaned forward, propping her arms on the wooden desk,

"Well, I need to feed fat Louis, and I'm also hungry, so can I use your phone? Thank you." Novalee send him a smile as she picked up the phone, leaning back against the chair as she places the receiver on her lap, punching in familiar numbers.

"Who are you calling?" Dewey questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, First, I'm calling Stu, to go fed fat Louis, then I'm calling for pizza." Novalee replied,

"Stu!" The phone was answered after the second ring.

"Nova, I heard what happened, I was just on my way towards you, where are you?" Stu's voice came from the other line.

"I'm at the police station, but I'll be out in a couple of hours, I actually called cause I need you to take fat Louis, he's probably scared out of his mind right now, and it's passed his feeding time," Novalee replied,

"You know he gets when his schedule gets messed up."

Stu chuckles, "Yeah, I'll take fat Louis to mine, and make sure he's fed on time, how..are you with all this?"

Novalee glanced at Dewey, who was busying himself with paper work.

"Well, my mom is dead..I don't know how to feel about it, but remember, fat Louis litter needs to be cleaned every time he used the bathroom, he's delicate."

Stu laughs, "aye-aye, see you soon."

"Thank you, Stu, and bye." Novalee hung up, and she hummed,

"Hamburgers actually sound good right now." She said, and Dewey lifted his head, looking at her,

"Are you okay? I mean, shouldn't you be like..grieving?" Dewey questioned and novalee sighs,

"Everyone grieves in different ways, mine just happens to be with food, and also because I didn't have breakfast, and we skipped lunch." She told him, with a small shrug,

Dewey nodded, "Yeah, I suppose you are right,"

"So, hamburgers?"

-

"..she sounded off on the phone." Stu told Billy as he fed fat Louis. He had picked him up from novalee's house and brought him to his, where Billy met him at.

"Her mom just died." Billy lazily replied from where he sat on the couch, an arm perched on top, a remote in hand as he switches through channels in boredom.

"She didn't sound upset, Billy, "Stu stood up and walked over, leaning against the couch, his face inches away from Billy's,

"It was like super weird, man." Stu told him, and Billy rolled his eyes, turning his head to look at stu,

His brown eyes met Blue, "What you think she knows something?"

Stu shrugged, jumping over the couch, and sitting next to billy,

"I don't know, she was there, man, maybe she saw something." Stu told him,

"If she did, we'll take care of it then." Billy replied

"You mean like..like kill her?" Stu questioned and Billy scoffed,

"No, you idiot, we'll talk with her," Billy told him, "we'll make her understand why we did it."

"Oh, and I'm not an idiot!" Stu told him, slightly pushing him and Billy flicked him off,

"Yeah, you are."

----

Word count - 576

Thoughts

Chapters will be a bit short for a while.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro