Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

-

"..Hi! I'm Gale weather's, You're Novalee prescott, right?" A young women questioned, walking into the station, walking over to novalee who was eating her hamburger.

"Huh?" Novalee looked at her confused, grabbing her soda, taking a sip of it.

"I just want to ask you some questions if that's alright with you? Great, what can you tell me about your mother's murder?" Gale questioned,

Novalee brought her half eaten hamburger to her mouth, biting into it, and chewing while staring at Gale,

"Not much of a talker, huh?" Gale chuckled, "Come on, maybe i can help catch who killed her."

Novalee hummed, taking a sip of her soda, "No. I don't talk to reporters."

"I can help catch your mother's killer, Novalee, don't you want to catch them?" Gale questioned, leaning slightly forward,

"Look, lady, I don't even know anything, alright? So I can't help you." Novalee told her, and Gale smiled, it was forced of course.

"Nova, can I call you Nova? Great, I need this story, Nova, okay. Just tell me what you know." Gale told her in a sweet voice,

Novalee leaned forward, shaking her head, "No."

Gale sighs, but before she could say anything, Dewey walked over, narrowing his eyes at Gale.

"Ms. Weather's, who let you in?" Dewey questioned and Gale smiled at him as she turned to face him.

"I let myself in." Gale replied, and Dewey nodded,

"Well then you can let yourself out." Dewey told her, and novalee let out a laugh that caused Gale to throw her a look.

Novalee let out a cough, but she grinned at Gale who forced a smile on her face before walking away, and out of the station.

"You okay?" Dewey questioned, looking at Novalee who nodded,

"Yeah, hey, where's sid, by the way?" Novalee questioned, and Dewey sighed,

"Well, she left a while ago with tatum, and I just found out about it, apparently tatum wasn't so happy with me keeping Sidney here being questioned when she should be grieving," Dewey replied,

"You can head home now, they cleared the house." Dewey said, and novalee hummed,

"I'm staying at a friend's house tonight." She stood up, tossing the empty wrapper into the trash,

"Want a ride?" Dewey asked, and novalee shook her head,

"Nah, I'll walk, I need to clear my head, thanks for the food, Dewey."

- -

"..what if she doesn't understand why we did it? What if she goes to the cops? Or what if she hates us forvever?" Billy looked at stu with annoyance

"Would you shut up, already?" He questioned and Stu sighs,

"I just..I don't want to lose her over something this small, you know?" Stu muttered, and Billy sighs,

"We won't." The two boys turned their attention towards the front door as it opened and closes.

Novalee walked into the living room and dropped herself on the couch, "my mom is dead."

Billy and Stu shared a look, "wanna talk about it?"

Novalee shook her head, "not really. I mean she's dead, simple as that."

Stu reached over and wrapped his arms around her, "We'll cuddle then!"

"And watch horror movies." Billy added, and stu nodded,

"Yeah, watch horror movies, eat junk food, you know the usual." Stu said,

"Yeah, I like the sound of that."

- -

Word count - 551

Thoughts?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro