Chiều cao dòng

【P R E M O N I T I O N】

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

22nd October 2019

Hannah

Unknown

"Ready to hold a secret?"

What does that mean?

I waited for a few minutes for another message to pop up, my mind still in fazes of the poignant moment with the man whom I resented the most. The sudden utter prostration that accounted for the upsurge of my restrained emotions was stirring me up, confoundedly.

"You can rely on me, Miss Cooper"

Ugh! Why does he have to say those words?

I am already a mess, why does he plan on involving with me?

If he genuinely cares, then I should not be confined in this place

Everything was piled up like the bunch of unwashed clothes for laundry, the past few days that involved the tussle of what I was informed versus what would happen, as there were always instances that seemed like going for a pleasant walk across the shore and then being pulled for a swim with piranhas.

Flipping the pages of my unwritten biography, I discovered that I had taken an interesting flight of perilous adventures, with a remarkable Cabin Crew that aided my throbbing pulse rate along with the desire to burn down everything around me. It wouldn't even be amusing if I start a fire in this mansion.

I was smoldered with indignation that I started to belong here. Everyone talks to me as if I was supposed to live in this place, though each of them possesses their own shades further supplemented with strokes of unfathomable hues. Though I knew I was having bad blood with Armor for being a blockade to my ambitions, I wouldn't deny that I got connected to people here.

And I hate to admit that

I hate to admit that I loved being caressed and pampered by Jin with his divine recipes, the feeling ghosting my heart that was mourning the loss of Dad. He appeared like one, like the shimmering gleam of hope to end my long yearning for a father's embrace. He was the nicest to me out of all, but then, I knew for sure that he would place me after their duties and expeditions if anything happens. 

They are clear about their priorities

I hate to admit that Jungkook's jubilant persona had me inclined towards him. He was the warm blanket in the coldest of storms, stiff and thick, a promise of assurance towards my safety in the biting frost. He was like the hard metal, a strong base allowing me to lean on, easy to melt yet indestructible when coarsened. He was a siren song, inducing amorous temptations and saccharine impulses but carrying an inkling of a shadowy premonition ahead.

I want to trust him, with my heart

I need to rephrase that

I started trusting him, with all my heart indeed

Flipping all my hunches away for the first time ever

And I hated the most to admit that V's words and attitude affect me oddly. He is like the black rose, the beauty rarely acknowledged and cherished by only a few but with added poisonous thorns that openly invite the fragile skin to pierce through them, deep and sharp. His intriguing eyes could swallow the whole of my lifeless soul into the eternal sphere of his hypnotic charisma. Those dark orbs were the bewitching sorcerers beckoning my shaky self. 

Why does my mind become absolutely vacuous in his presence?

As if he cast an ineludible spell on me

I don't like him for real

I can never forget how he degraded my spirits from the beginning, though he took a swift turn recently

And it feels offbeat as if he took a turn when he ought to go straight in a one-way canal

Namjoon vanished into thin air from the time when I was trapped in the train of contaminated equestrian excrements. That ghastly memory still plagues my mind but I started to recover from it. I always wondered why Namjoon never interacted with me again, fuelling my pool of suspicions against him for being the person who saved me that night at the Left Wing.

But then, I am not sure

He is the CEO after all

I don't think he was that kind to hold knives behind his back

Hoseok was a cheerful guy, though he never talks more than what was needed. He always greeted me when we crossed paths and inquired about my health, adding phrases of motivation to stay strong and keep smiling. He had an endearing smile and I heard people calling him different names, Hobby and Jay Hope which was pretty cute. 

Yoongi and Jimin were the quietest ones but their simmering silence certainly held an imperial influence on the organization. Their stares and nods communicated more messages and signs of approval than the words spoken by the others. They seemed like the ones governing the final decision but I couldn't conclude precisely without any concrete evidence.

The quietest ones have the loudest minds 

My thought bubble popped when a small notification floated on my tablet's screen and I quickly swiped the lock screen to view it. When Jin offered me the tablet, I made sure to check if there was any chance to access the network but he was intelligent enough to disable all the network drivers in it.

Unknown

Looks like you are hesitating to reply

Don't worry, they wouldn't know anything

Who r u?

Unknown

That's a boring question

How about I say something interesting

You dressed pretty for him today

WDYM

For some reason, he creeped the shit out of me. My hands quivered, my mind gravely contemplating if I should keep up the conversation or not. If someone from Armor knew, they could smother me in a cage for them carrying prudence in every drop of their blood. 

Unknown

You looked pretty

As simple as it is

Let's cut to chase now, shall we?

There's an untraceable SIM card in the Tablet

And the drivers are enabled

What?

Unknown

I don't have time to explain everything

Use it in a good way

You will not hear from me again

Hey

Wait!

Who r u?

Why r u doing this?

Unknown

Well gtg now

Also, remember

KEEP YOUR LIPS SEALED

HEy Hey

Wait!

You can no longer reply to this conversation

Learn more

I grunted loudly as I could no longer send messages to that unknown freak. Was it some lunatic or something? What was the deal when that person didn't even share the basic details? What was his motive behind giving a hand to me when I didn't even contact someone asking for help?

Who the hell would do that?

I checked the tablet and gasped when I noticed the network drivers were accessible now. Another message popped and I stumbled on my leg in surprise. My breath hitched as I nervously tapped the message only to find an instruction note on how to activate the SIM.

Wait?

WAIT!!

WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!

How could that person message me when the SIM wasn't activated yet?

The Wi-Fi is not connected and there is no chance I could take advantage of Wi-Fi as it would be a piece of cake for them to catch me red-handed, eventually marking my forever and my cemetery in this place. Forget that, I wasn't even aware of the password in the first case

Dumb Bitch!

But then, how the hell did I receive messages?

Don't tell me, I landed in a Sci-Fi universe now

I had enough adventure in my life already

Enough to satisfy my next generations with fresh bed-time stories

I ignored that for a moment though I was pretty sure those questions would haunt me all night, sabotaging my regular fitful sleep. I followed the instructions carefully and did the needful. A sigh of relief escaped as no error appeared and it was notified that the SIM will be activated in 24 hours.

There were many questions playing Soccer in my head, the ball passing from one question to another at a brisk pace. Who was accounting for the expense and why was someone taking such a risk and putting me in that as well? I wasn't complaining as I couldn't toss away the chance to talk with Kevin and narrate him 'The Adventures of Half-Dead Hannah Cooper, All Thanks to Armor'

"Can I come in?" 

The voice followed by a short knock had me fret in panic. I switched off the tablet in haste and stood still for a moment, taking a breather and composing myself. Patting my shoulders and encouraging myself to maintain a remarkable poker face, I walked ahead to open the door.

"Hi," I was surprised, finding Jimin at the door, with his lips pressed.

Does he not smile at all?

"Hello," I greeted him back and he walked in, without even speaking a word. Does all people in this organization barge into rooms just like that?

"Can you close the door for a bit?" he asked, stupefying my dumbfounded soul and I blinked numerous times, trying to comprehend his words and giving him a minute to rephrase as it sounded so misleading.

"I need to have a small chat with you"

───※ ·❆· ※───

"If I find both of you fighting again, I will skin you alive and sauté you both in my newest recipe," Jin warned both Jimin and V explicitly, serving a dish namely pajeon on their plates. Both the men threw hostile glares at each other, before taking a seat, right opposite to each other.

They looked so ready to shave each other's head

If there is something called eye-battle, these two could be the potential finalists

"Where is Soobin?" Hoseok asked, joining the table and sitting beside me, making me frown a little. I was waiting for Jungkook to come and help me ease my bones from the persistent questionnaire airing in my head but he didn't show up.

"He is staying in his house today and Jungkook will be joining them after checking on the CCTV footage," V answered, stealing a glance from me to which I steadfastly gave a wide berth. I wasn't yet prepared to face him after moping like a café owner who ran out of Boba.

What a pain!

What a shame!

"Why?" Hoseok asked as he slurped down the Tofu stew, his tone not hinting at the slightest surprise. Jin raised his head, looking at the younger two and then at Hoseok as if the three-lettered word he uttered was a secret code to access the Swiss Bank.

"What's the date tomorrow?" V muttered, pushing kimchi towards me and I accepted it, devoting both my eyes' attention solely to the pickled cabbage. My focus on the flavored side-dish was interrupted when Hoseok let out a long unending hum with ponderous nods adorning his meme face.

"Oh Shoot! I lost the track of time. I must remind Yoongi hyung as well. He said he will work overnight today," he rambled and all I could rack my brain about at the moment was the next day's date. 

I lost the track of time as well

And it's October

And there's an important day in the month that I badly pray to not have passed while I was unconscious

I want to pay honors, mourn for some time and cuddle myself to sleep on that day, remembering my superwoman, my mentor

"What's the date tomorrow?" I asked and Jin smiled, patting me after struggling to extend his arm to reach my head. The Calendar in the Tablet wasn't real-time and dated back to last year, giving me no chance but to wait till the SIM gets activated. 

But then, asking it wouldn't harm, I guess?

"Oh, Princess! It's 22nd October. Is your birthday ahead?" Jin asked enthusiastically when the whole table was grimly silent and deadly serious. I shook my head in negation, playing with the Tofu in my bowl, letting the emotions flood my soul, slowly and painfully.

"Can I go to my room?" I asked, the stinging feeling inside drinking away the airiness inside me, filling me with heavy blocks of pent-up feelings, bitter and sour. Thousands of images, beleaguering thoughts, and heartbreaking memories threaded knots inside me, stifling me brutally, coercing me to kneel down to the silent and suppressed melancholy.

Feebly

Helplessly

"You haven't eaten anything. What's with the sudden change of mood? Did something happen?" Jin panicked, leaving his food aside and rushing to me. I bobbed my head and stood from my place, not wanting to showcase a scene of myself being a bipolar bitch.

"Hannah," Jin held my hand and I looked down, feeling the hotness in my eyes. 

Not another breakdown session to embarrass myself later

"I need to go," I pulled out of his clasp and scurried my steps towards my room like a scalded cat. I could hear Jin calling me and some footsteps trailing behind but nothing except the cries of sorrow and desperation to escape from them and kettle to a corner in the room concerned me the most.

"Miss Cooper," I was wiggling out of his hold, my room inviting me to sink in sorrow, just a few meters away. 

"Your dinner will be sent to your room after some time and a nurse will come to check on you. If you need someone, you can tell the guards outside the room," he let me loose after that and I sped fast into my room, slamming the door behind.

Waves of grief washed the floor as I dropped down to my knees, hugging them tightly. Tears trickled down my eyes remembering tomorrow's date and I whimpered, choking on my sobs, resting my head on the joint of the knee caps. 

I am so sorry for forgetting your day, Eomma

Happy Birthday, Eomma

"I am so sorry," I cried, holding my hair, ashamed of myself for forgetting her birthday. 

Couldn't I be less of a failure?

Didn't I already leave her to die?

And now, I am shamelessly living in a mansion, enjoying certain privileges 

Instead of finding the culprits

Hadn't it been for that one day, that one fucking dreadful day, I would have been decorating my mother's room with balloons and ribbons and plan something evil with my Dad and sister, though my sister doesn't involve much for her having constant beef with my Dad.

I miss those little moments where we smear cake on each other's faces and cry all night that our skincare was at stake due to the short-lived fun. It just felt like yesterday, I was in her embrace, fogged in her warmth and soft caresses, and now, nothing but the thin air surrounded me.

So empty and cold

It felt like a sad song ringing in my ears, the soft melodic lullaby soaking me in unceasing regret and infernal anguish, constantly pinging my brain to revert to the happiness and love I was torn apart from.

I sobbed out loud, surrendering myself to the desolating hurricane of pain, harrowing my conscience with bleak emptiness. I feel it so bad, the throbbing feeling that could ink a book of void chapters that was supposed to be left on the shelf to gather dust but instead, was held close to heart, only to pierce a blade deeper and deeper.

I wish they were just scars

Marked to remind me of my grief

I wish they were just that

But then, they are wounds, still bleeding over my emotional debris

I could only forgive myself and move on if I could avenge their death, if I could find the murderers and serve them the right punishment, even it was meant to be killing them. I knew I was floating on a thin sheet over moving waters right now and I was also aware that I need to dip and swim ahead, instead of staying still to reach the sands.

I am walking on eggshells right now

But I need to take a risk

I don't have a choice but to bundle up my spears

Behind A.R.M. O.R

───※ ·❆· ※───

23rd October 2019

"I see you have woken up. How are you feeling now?" a voice coursed through my ears as I fluttered my heavy eyes only to be invited by Jin's flashy wide smile. I rubbed my eyes, trying to stretch them wide with unknown weight stressing them to shut down again. Hence, I closed them, snuggling into the blanket more and welcoming another round of sleep.

"No, no, no, not today," Jin's whines annoyed my ears and I dunk my head between the soft pillows, trying my best to obstruct all kinds of noises but I utterly failed with Jin's voice sounding like an ambulance siren.

"See, I have been trying to wake you up since morning and panicked when you weren't opening the door. I literally strangled Hobi for the spare key but you were peacefully sleeping. You got me so worried, Princess," he rambled on, pulling me to sit up by holding my shoulders and shaking me vigorously.

"Ugh! Jin, stop it," I grumbled, with my voice deeper than ever before. I cleared my throat, amused at the tone and Jin chuckled, ruffling my hair. 

"You locked your door yesterday and hearing your sobs, I thought it would be better if we give you space," he muttered, pouring water from the tumbler into a glass. Passing me a capsule, he gestured me to gulp it and helped me with drinking water after.

"Come on now, go and brush your teeth. Let me serve the Princess a wholesome meal on the bed," he cooed, dragging my arms and pulling me out of bed. Throwing a wide grin at me, he pushed me into the bathroom. 

Why is he so sweet?

He has nothing to do with me

One thing that frightened me the most was the bond developing me with the members when it shouldn't even have formed in the very first place. I was caught up in a phase where I could no longer hold regrets and responsibilities. I need to surge forward through the clump of challenges to clear my aim.

Lazily brushing my teeth, I drew patterns on the mirror, pondering over what's left in my store and if life could be graceful enough to halt its experimentation on me. Washing my face with cool water and chortling at the puffed eyes, I walked out.

"Tadaaa! Shrimp and Grits," Jin held a tray and my eyes widened at the dish. 

Is it for real?

"Isn't this one famous in South Carolina? I read about it in an article yesterday and thought of giving it a try. Well!-" I interrupted him, grabbing the plate to shush down the peckish grumbles resonating in my tummy.

"Oh My God! This is so delicious. How could you get it so perfect for the first time?" I praised him with all my heart as the first spoon of the hot dish, the soft cornmeal melting in my mouth, bouncing off my tongue with the cheesy flavor. 

I feel like the judge of a cooking show now

"Well! I tried making it but it didn't turn out nice so I ordered from an American restaurant nearby," he revealed, scratching his neck and I awed at him. As long as the food goes into my stomach and is tasty with no added poison, it doesn't matter who makes it.

"Thank you," I mumbled, savoring the dish and he bobbed his head with a smile, his lips curving and endearing his bread cheeks.

"What's the time?" I asked, knowing I had slept for a longer time than usual.

"It's three in the noon," he replied, making me open my mouth wide in disbelief and acknowledging the plain fact alongside.

"Finish the food and freshen yourself. Everyone's in the mansion today," he stated, petting my head and left the room.

Every one?

Even Namjoon?

───※ ·❆· ※───

"Soobin?" I called him, his figure standing lonely, staring at the blue evening skies as if they were drawing him a map to someone significant. Dressed in all black, he looked the calmest I have ever noticed and when he turned towards me, I was beyond befuddled.

What happened to him?

Why is he crying?

"Noona, I don't want to talk to you today. Leave me alone," he rasped, though his face said the otherwise as if darkened by the gloominess and pain. He looked broken, unlike the usual him, who has his foul mouth to lock horns with me and spew curses, obscene enough to bleed anyone's ears.

"Leave me alone," he repeated, his voice softened and I walked to him, placing my hand on his shoulder. His unflagging eyes connected with mine, showcasing dire ordeal and the sinking ships of hope. Though I would never leave a chance to mock him, it would be inhumane to seek revenge while he was in pain.

He's hurt as if...

As if...

He lost something 

Or someone

"I lost people closer to my heart," I blurted and sealed my lips in a flick, unknown to myself why I was trying to console him.

"Isn't it hard?" he asked and I nodded. 

"It is, more than you could ever imagine," I answered, well versed with the bruises in my heart.

"It haunts, the fact that they couldn't return to us no matter what we do. Sometimes, I wish I had at least known. I had at least known when she would be gone. I would have told her that I loved her. I would have thanked her with all my heart and shed my tears in her embrace," he spoke, his voice, dull and sullen, carrying heavy despair along the lines. 

It's so relatable

"I wish. I wish the same but it's a miracle, with a rare chance," I affirmed, clenching my fists to counter the emotions that could wreck me any second from now. 

"I lost my Eomma, years back. I don't know why I am telling you this but having someone who faced it for real makes me feel better. No one can understand it better, right?" he threw a faint smile as I patted his back.

"I am so sorry that you are going through that. But then, it's normal to carry the pain of loss. You will be missing her a lot and you know, she does as well. She would want you to be happy but it's okay to cry in a while, to vent out how much you miss her," I supported him, my hand still tapping his shoulder while he broke down into tears. A strong twinge ached my heart, seeing him swamped with awful despondency.

"I miss her a lot. I miss Eomma a lot," he bawled, gritting his teeth and tightening his fists. I rubbed his back while fighting against the threatening tears from escaping my eyes.

I miss my Eomma too

"Hannah? Soobin? What are you guys doing here?" a sharp voice caught our attention, prodding us to steady ourselves. Soobin wiped his tears hastily and faked out a tiny smile, greeting Jimin who was staring at us skeptically.

"Go back to your house and stay with your sister. Didn't Namjoon hyung ask you to leave?" he quirked his brows, his hands inside his pockets with his shiny silver watch twinkling in the evening light. 

"Yes, hyung. I will be going now," Soobin responded and scuttled away from the place. I heaved out a breath and smiled at Jimin, who extended his hand with a blank face. I placed my hand on his, remembering our previous conversation that was supposed to be kept under wraps nonetheless.

"Heard you cried all night yesterday? Let's go, play a game now," he ushered me inside the mansion and hauled me towards another part of the mansion that I have never seen. Sometimes, I wonder if this is some labyrinth crafted by a twisted architect.

I noticed the others except V and Jungkook, gathered around in the living hall in drab and dull outfits, wide off track from their regular Brioni and Versace businessmen looks while on the way. Yoongi looked at me queerly while the rest had indifferent gazes contoured on their faces.

I was soon in front of a silver metallic door frame. Jimin placed his hand on the scanner on the right side of the metal frame and the door steadily moved to one side. Jimin walked in and I followed him, fiddling my fingers. I wasn't totally familiar with his ambiance but I gave my word yesterday and I couldn't bug out after the conversation we had.

"I bought this one a few days back, a customized set," he spoke, pointing at some wooden set of blocks while I was still checking out the whole room, stylishly furnished with classy and sublime embellishments. It was elegantly sophisticated with a pinch of opulence flavor.

"If you are so into the interiors, you can visit this place anytime along with me," he offered and I bit my tongue, realizing I was giving all my attention to the room décor instead of him. Conversant with Jimin's austere personality, I should not succumb to my inner goddess of curiosity and utter crapworthy shit.

"What is this?" I asked, taking a seat in front of him, a shiny silver and black workspace desk separating us two. He nodded and unwrapped the whole set of wooden blocks and my brain glowed like a lantern of fireflies, recognizing the evergreen bundle of a fun game.

"Jenga?" 

"Yeah, Jenga but with more fun," he added and I remained quiet, wondering what kind of plot twist this man could bring out. He placed the full set of undisturbed blocks, neat and ordered in front of me, and pulled out a tiny hourglass from the drawer. 

Why does the hourglass look like a ticking bomb to me?

Why do I feel nervous?

"Look at the wooden blocks carefully. Notice the colored dots," he muttered and I glanced at the blocks having four different colored dots, yellow, green, blue, and black. 

"I will play the game with you but I will not have any business with the blocks but you do," he informed and I cornered my eyes, feeling uncomfortable for some reason under both his unwavering gaze and weird terms and conditions.

"Don't worry, I am not going to do anything that would involve breaking the physical barriers. This game is to ease you and perhaps, prepare you as well," he answered my thoughts but none of his words sounded assuring or relieving.

"Ah there you are, " he suddenly squealed, out of context, while looking at the door and I turned to find Beomgyu entering the room with a wide smile.

"He will be a spectator or mostly play with the computer in the corner. Don't worry about him. He is known for having his lips tight so what happens in the room, stays in the room," Jimin enunciated, his tone husky and low, aiding all the reasons for my heart to match the beating drums in a musical festival.

"Now, coming to the rules of the game. You play the game like any normal Jenga but depending on which colored block you chose, you will be given a task," he started and I gulped down my throat, anxiety wrapping my guts into a micro bean. A drop of sweat trickled down my temple, jamming my words before they could leave my mouth.

"Green is a pass. You can just continue the game. Red is a confession block. You need to reveal something about you and no lies as I can catch them smoothly like butter," he admonished and I nodded, agreeing to the terms.

Why did I jump into his fishbowl out of all the waters available?

"Yellow is a question block and I ask you something, probably simple and probably hard. And black," he paused and let out a smirk.

"Black implies I can choose anything. Confession or Question. You will have ten seconds to think of an answer and if you couldn't, then you ought to play the game from the start. But then, you need to set all the blocks from the base in order," he ended and my eyes widened with the twisted conditions of the simple game.

This is what they call

Killing people with a razor blade

"Shall we begin?" he asked, enthusiastic than ever and I bobbed my head hesitatingly. I could hear Beomgyu chuckling but that wasn't my concern at the moment.

I started with the green block and waited for his reaction. He just shrugged, gesturing me to continue. I made sure my next blocks were green as well and took deep breaths while balancing the tower. Jimin was clever to use up green blocks along with me so I would end up with other ones. 

I was about to pick another green block but realized the tower would collapse. I searched for the other greens but sighed on finding none. Helpless, I chose a red block and Jimin nodded, flipping the hourglass. 

"I am nineteen," I revealed and he nodded, continuing the game.

Play safe

Play clever

"I am a high-school graduate," I stated as I placed another block above. The game continued with yellow blocks for a while with me confessing my affinity towards food, my favorite color and a bronze medal win in the Inter-School Chess Championship, which for once made Jimin smile, probably being the rarest characteristic in him.

"You chose red now. Time for me to ask my question," he triumphed as I chose red with no option available. 

"What do you fear the most and whom do you admire the most in your life as well as in Armor?" he asked and I looked at him in disbelief. How could he turn the tables on his side by asking three questions in a single line?

What kind of fucking fuckery is this?

"I admire my mother the most and in Armor, it's Jin and Jungkook. I fear...I fear... I fear drowning and bullets," I answered, fumbling in between and he nodded, continuing the game.

"Whom do you resent the most here and what if you were given a chance to run away from this place? Would you take it and what will you do after?" he questioned for the next red block and I mentally sighed, smacking myself mentally for locking a deal with him.

"I don't like Soobin and I don't know about V. If given a chance, I..I...I will...I will run away. I will run away as I want to lead a normal life," I lied and looked down, avoiding his gaze piercing right through my soul.

"Are you sure it is to lead a normal life? I don't think that should be the answer after what you voiced out yesterday," he reminded and I closed my eyes, nodding along. It's hard to stretch the truth in his game.

"I will fight for justice. My parents were assassinated," I spoke and he furrowed his brows.

"Fight for justice? Will you run behind the court?" he asked and I took a deep breath.

"I will avenge their death," I finally revealed and he nodded.

"Nice, let's continue," he played his part and I played safe by moving a green block next but realized I will be caught up with black ones to balance the tower next. No choice left, I continued the game.

Ugh! This a psychopath's Jenga

"Who's helping you? It's kind of suspicious how you reached Korea with no one's help and there could be a possibility of those assassins hunting you down," he asked, without even wasting a second and my mind froze.

Why is he digging all the details?

"Five more seconds," he nudged me and I started stuttering.

"It's..It's a friend...He helped me and I don't like to share his details," I spoke firmly, keeping his promise of protecting his privacy.

"Kevin's a good friend, I guess. You can rely on him if you think he is trustworthy," he answered, dropping a bombshell. To say I was dead in my track would be an understatement to describe my feeling. He just knocked me down with a feather.

What else does he know?

Will this cause harm to Kevin?

"I told you, there's a lot you need to know about me. Now, shall we move on?" he spoke, his eyes unfaltering while placing a red block on the top. Unrecovered from the jolt of shock he had given, I picked a random and placed it above. His chuckle tore me away from my thoughts and I threw a nervous smile, pretty aware of the web I designed for myself.

"Black, it is. I have an interesting set of questions now. Do you think you could do it all alone? One girl against the murderers, all by yourself? Could a spider web stop a lion?" he mocked, lacerating my self-confidence adroitly.

"I know I can't, can you ask something else?" I requested and he smirked complacently.

"Nah, things go by my wish here so I am afraid, I am helpless on this part. But then, why couldn't you? As I said, a spider web couldn't stop a lion but the web by a group of spiders could win a chance," he put forth and I turned to Beomgyu, wondering if he understood something but the guy is too busy playing Valorant.

"You want me to form a team?" 

"No, think and work like a group of spiders. A war is a war even if you are just alone on one side. But then, you can still win if you hold the power equal or more than the whole army on the other end. Think more, think about what your opponents would be doing right now. Think like them and you can find the loopholes without a hitch," he manifested his thoughts and it took me a minute to grasp the intention along his lines.

Think like the hundreds on the other side?

But how?

"I'll leave it to you how to do that and before we proceed with the game, I'd like to pose another question," he stated and I nodded in positive.

"What's your original name?" 

"Wh... What?"

"What's the name you used to come to this country or what's the name on your passport?" 

It felt like being struck by a lightning on a bright sunny day. It's ridiculous how he was so certain about some things that I kept inside myself. And it's terrifying how he was subtly reading the pages of my book aloud.

"I-"

"Three more seconds," the sand was sliding through the aperture in the hourglass and my hands shivered in nervousness.

"HOW DARE YOU BRING HER TO THIS ROOM?"

We were caught off guard with the sudden yell and V was storming towards Jimin, ready to beat the flesh out of him. Pulling Jimin from his seat, V held his collar, shooting a menacing glare at Jimin while the shorter stayed still, composed and calm but his face displayed a goading smirk. 

"Miss Cooper, are you okay? Did he hurt you or try to do something?" V asked, panting as if he ran a long distance.

"He didn't do anything. I came here by myself," I replied and the rage in V's eyes alleviated, causing him to release Jimin. Beomgyu sat at the corner without a flinch, despite these two being at each other's throats.

"She is being trained under me. You don't have any authority over her," V declared, stepping back from his mortal enemy and standing beside me. 

"Uh Oh! Not to burst your bubble, no one here has monotonous power over their mentees. I took care of Yeonjun at times as well and Beomgyu was under you for a few days as well. Hannah Cooper will be trained under me as well. Don't start a fight you can't win," Jimin muttered and V clenched his jaw.

I don't care about their issues

Just don't fight using my name

As if I am the last ramen packet in the world

"Miss Cooper, come with me," V held my hand and I looked at Jimin, who grew furious in a flash.

"Hannah, choose a side. You don't have to worry about the consequences later," Jimin assured which didn't seem to relieve me at the slightest but choosing to be with a shark or a lion sounds no different. 

"Miss Cooper, don't fall for his tricks. Let' get back to your room," V held my hand and turned me around to walk out of the room but Jimin was quick enough to barricade us. All I could see are galaxies right now.

Shall I escape into a black hole?

"She is an adult and can make her own decisions. Am I not right, Hannah?" Jimin asked and I slowly pulled out of V's clasp, moving two feet away from him.

"I guess she made her choice. The exit is that way," Jimin pointed at the door and V looked at me, betrayed.

Ugh! Why the hell is this complex than the structure of a cell?

"You-" V lunged at Jimin but a loud sound stopped him before he could initiate a bloodbath.

"When will you both learn?" Yoongi roared.

"And why are you so unbothered when they are fighting like bulls?" Yoongi chided Beomgyu who frowned as if he was innocent all the time.

"What's your motto, hyung?" Beomgyu chirped, shutting down his device.

"Don't mind other's business," Yoongi replied and quickly realized what the younger was insinuating.

"I can't with you shitheads. Coming to you both, I am taking Hannah with me until you become sane and act humanly. She'll be with Jin hyung and Hobi for the rest of the day," Yoongi professed and gestured me to follow behind which I gladly did. But before escaping the bull ring, I heard something which I didn't wish to hear for ages

"Miss Cooper, we will resume your training from tomorrow"

───※ ·❆· ※───

24th October 2019

12:30 AM

"Jungkook, where are you taking me? If Jin gets to know we sneaked out, he would make us scarecrows under the sun for a whole day," I complained but he didn't give an ear. After Yoongi saving me from almost being crushed by the pair of enemies' inflexible personalities, Jin and Hoseok sent me to my room, for the regular medical check-up and the renewal of tablet sheets.

I didn't meet Namjoon again

"I hadn't been with you all day. Let's have some fun. Jin hyung told me that you cried all night yesterday," he uttered and I mentally groaned, wishing to thrash Jin with a frying pan. 

Is it a nation's hot topic?

Why does he have to announce it like a rooster?

"But what-" I paused, the environment I stepped in kicking my teeth hard. My jaw dropped with the dim lights flickering all over me and glitters shimmering all over the place, evoking my skin to glow celestially.

"Why did you bring me to a club?" I asked, flabbergasted on walking into the side of life that I was disconnected from for a long time.

"Come on, don't be boring. Oh, wait! You're nineteen, right? The legal age for drinking in the States is 21. Oww! Too bad," he pouted and I chuckled. I wasn't always a good girl, mainly when it comes to following rules. 

"My mom motivated me to ditch the rules. I drank alcohol on my eighteenth birthday. I took a few sips later as well," I revealed and he smirked playfully, poking my shoulder and dragging me through the loud, maniac, overdressed and underdressed crowd, busy engrossed in their dance and the beat of the rock music.

Many people were crammed on the dance floor, sticking and swaying the bodies with the flow. Resonating guffaws, creative profanities, and clinking glasses were the only voices of the room. The faint fog of cigarettes mixed with the strong bouquet of alcohol clouded the atmosphere, marking the ideal spot of night fervor.

I want to get high

Forget all the stop signs and problems for a night

"Intrigued already, Poopy Coopy? I told you, this night will be fun. Let the other side of us cherish this funky night," he squealed loud and yanked me towards the table of drinks. Winking at the bartender who blushed immediately, he ordered Merlot for both of us. 

Can't blame her

I would have been the same if I was in the same position  

As I kept playing with the cold glass counter while Jungkook was vibing to the EDM beats, few doubts surfaced in my mind.

Is this club legal?

Can I drink wine?

Will I be charged for drinking alcohol being underage?

How does Jimin know about Kevin?

"This club is Armor's and everything's totally legal if your brain started wondering already. No one will question your age as long as you are with me," he smiled, patting my head and I grinned, ready to have real fun, having my life taste real shit for the past few days.

"Just chill for today," he encircled his arm around my shoulder, enticing sparks inside my body. With him being so close to me, our bodies in contact with each other, despite having no wild intention, was creating a hot wave of tension within me.

Why is his proximity so electrifying?

"There it is!" Jungkook exclaimed, giving his undivided attention to the alluring wine bottle brought by the bartender. 

"Don't get drunk. You didn't get any of the others with you," she muttered, shooting me a glance and left our side while Jungkook rolled his eyes, pouring the dark red liquid into two glasses. Offering me one, he clinked his glass with mine, before taking a sip. 

Jungkook started sharing his favorites and interests. And that what bugs him the most was forgetting the name of some things though he knew what they were which made me perplexed for a bit. He also expressed his love for ice cream and promised to take me out some while later on an ice-cream date.

Date?

Does he know what he is doing with my heart?

I wasn't much of a talker in the conversation but I played the perfect role of an observer. The way, he pouts in the middle of the conversation, the way his eyes beam in sparkles when he talks about something he is excited about, and the way he spaces out in the middle of narrating an anecdote, spiraled my fascination, kindling my fantasies about him.

He is too cute to handle

We were drinking continuously, the wine intoxicating my body, gushes of warmth cascading my throat, unraveling a spur of unknown torrent. Confidence gushed through my insides, escalating the want to perform something daring.

"Can we dance?" I slurred, forwarding my hand and he accepted without a tad bit of hesitation.

Am I imagining things?

I knew I wasn't when I felt his calloused fingers entwined mine, his other hand resting on my shoulder. I started swinging along with the music, inhaling Jungkook's alluring cologne that was enrapturing my senses ardently.

I moved closer to him, inclined to his arousing scent. Nuzzling into his muscular frame, I could feel his hot breath fanning over my neck, causing my heart to boom in my chest. I couldn't help but raise my head to admire his beauty, so ethereal and enrapturing. I connected my eyes with his warm gaze that wanted to speak so many things yet stayed silent. 

It felt like a dream, no responsibilities, no obstacles, no threats as if freedom wanted to hug me once for all that I was put into. I knew this wasn't me but this was me as well. Mentally facepalming at my ambivalent self, I brought my hands to the nape of his neck, feeling the ends of his silky hair brushing my fingers. I could feel Jungkook's hold over my waist tightening, bringing a small smile to my face.

I am drunk

I am dazed

The air thickened, the familiar scent of alcohol inflaming a new sensation inside me. I attended to his face again, his gaze predatorily penetrating my eyes, making me breathless and lose a beat. Lost in his current, I raised my heel to match his height, to feel his uneven breath even better. Locking my forehead with his, I parted my lips, the fire in his closeness inviting numbness to take over me like the raging storm.

And I lost my sanity the next moment

With Jungkook's lips pressed on mine

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Premonition

a strong feeling that something is about to happen, especially something unpleasant

A/N: 7400+ words

Hello, my lovely readers. I know an apology wouldn't be sufficient for the delay and my inactivity in this app. I was on a mental break as I badly needed one. Things around me were not so great so I took a long hiatus. I will re-appear on the message board soon.

Sorry to keep you all waiting and I didn't really come out with a bombshell of a chapter either. I felt I kinda dragged some scenes(especially Jenga) but I couldn't help but write like that. 

And to all those who wanted a steamy scene, there it will be continued in the next chapter. I know many ship Hannah with Tae but there's always a fair chance that she could end up with Jungkook. And I promise to write a scene between them as well.

I know Hannah's perspective is always confusing like, balancing her legs on two boats that could probably move in different directions. Her mood transitions are so swift like a single word changes the whole scenario. In the beginning, she was determined to avenge her parents' death and in the end, she wanted to be free, tempted by the club's aura. But then, I just didn't want my character to be immaculate. She has her flaws. She is bothered by her parents' death so much but she is not really finding it easy to live a serious life. Come on, who would not want to live the spice of life, live free. That could be one of the potential reasons why she could be easily swayed.

Why do you think Hannah chose Jimin over V?

What deal did she lock with him?

P.S - Every life is precious and it's very saddening that innocent people are getting killed and harmed in Palestine. Bombing places to evict citizens is the worst someone could do. 

Every life matters.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro