2:00 AM

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

2:00 AM

"Hey Leo do you have another flashlight in your tool belt? Leo?"

"Where's Leo?"

Someone bit their tongue and glanced at the button in their hand.

"Haven't seen him."

"Shit. Just what we need."

"He's in the Chem Lab!" Eyes turn to Rachel who had blurted this out. "He had a theory, he said he's call me using his button so why the fuck hadn't he called?" She shouted.

"We need to get to the Chem Lab."

They ran down the hall barely noticing that someone else had rejoined them. When they got to the Chem Lab it was eerily silent.

"Leo?" Rachel called. Flashlight shined here and there as they walked in. Their beams shined the floor illuminating the tile floor which which in spots has darkened red. There lay Leo Valdez. His eyes were wide open with fear as he lay there motionless. One had tightly held his neck where blood still seemed to flow from. His other hand gripped the button like the life line it was meant to be.

"Damnit!" Rachel shouted walking out of the room. "I had to do this stupid prank!" She a screamed kicking a locker. "Two people are dead because of me!" She began to sob and it was Hazel who tried to console her.

"That's it," Frank said. He started down the hall and confused others promptly followed. He paused and turned to the wall the sound of break glass was heard before he held a a fire extinguisher in hand. He led the way to the front doors. He held the fire extinguisher in hand and before throwing it at the window next to the door.

The fire extinguisher bounced of the glass and crashed to the floor creating a large ringing echo which sounded throughout the halls.

"What the fuck?" Frank asked aloud picking up the fire extinguisher once again. He threw it again with same outcome.

"This is beyond creepy and messed up..." Rachel commented.

"There has to be some way out," Hazel insisted. "Or some emergency phone. Something..."

"Does the fire alarm still works when the power is out?" Jason asked.

Luke shook his head. "It should in theory, but no it doesn't. I already pulled one."

"We could just stay put," Piper suggested. "If no one is separated then we should be okay..."

"I rather not be sitting ducks," Will said.

"Everything here has gone to shit since Zoë and Bianca..." Thalia said quietly to which Nico stiffened.

Hazel grabbed Nico's hand. Nico took deep breath then spoke quietly. "I don't think you've ever said something more true."

"They never caught their killer did they?" Jason asked.

"Nope..."

Rachel sighed. "Could be the same person for all we know. When though it's been a years since then..."

"It can't be. I killed Percy... I-I..." Annabeth put in.

Thalia gave her a hug. "How many times do I have to tell you that that's not true?"

"Let's keep moving somewhere," Nico suggested. "I agree with Will. I don't want to be a sitting duck."

The group agreed and began to wander aimlessly. One person slipped to the back and grabbed someone else's arm pulling them to back with them.

"Fire alarms work in power outages," the first one whispered.

"So some sico even rigged the fire alarms to fail," the second realized quietly. "They really put thought into this... But who knew we'd all land in detention that early in advance?"

"I don't know but I suggest we don't tell anyone else. It will freak everyone out more."

A nod in response.

"Or let the killer know that you're too close," someone said internally with a smirk.

The walking continued and eyes made contact in the dark. Work has to be done.

~~~~

"My legs hurt. Let's sit somewhere."

No one protested as they group made their way to the cafeteria. They made themselves comfortable pulling out sleeping bags and lying on the floor together. The only talk was in whispers to the persons beside them.

"Having seconds thoughts?"

"No..."

"You do remember that if you don't-"

"I know. It doesn't mean I have to like it."

"I never asked if you did."

"I still don't get why you need to do this."

"I have my reasoning. You're part of it. But I needed help with this. When this is over I'll explain everything and you'll understand. I have a good reason."

"Actually I don't care. But I need everyone to split up in order to do it."

A smile. "That I can handle."

~~~~

(Sorry for the short chapter)

THERE'S TWO KILLERS!!!!

So... Who are they?

And who are they trying to kill next?

I'll tell you eventually!

-Jaz

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro