Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Jack was strangely quiet the whole time with Mark. He'd answer to anything Mark said to him, but after that he'd go silent. He barely touched his food, and didn't show a smile. Mark fidgeted with the box in his pocket, wondering what he should do.

"Jack?" Mark whispered. Jack hummed in response. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong." Jack lied. "I'm fine."

"Then why are you quiet?" Mark asked firmly. "Why aren't you eating? This isn't you, Jack. Tell me what's wrong." Mark reached over and took one of Jack's hand in his, softening his voice. "I want to help you. Please don't push me away."

Jack took a deep breath, then looked around them. "This isn't the right place to talk about it."

Mark nodded. "Car, maybe?" Jack nodded, and Mark waved the waiter over to pay the bill. They left the building and climbed into Mark's car. "So? What's wrong?"

Jack sighed. "My dads have been fighting a lot recently. I know they keep trying to hide it from me, but it hasn't been working. I... I think they might divorce soon."

Mark reached across the center console to grab Jack's hand. "Do you know what they're fighting about?"

Jack nodded. "Maybe. I think it's because my dad's been forcing me to do things I don't want to do for the past nine months. I've done some really terrible shit because of him, and I didn't want to do any of it." Jack looked at Mark seriously. "If you ever hear something about what I did, please know that I never wanted to do it in the first place. You have to believe me."

Mark nodded. "I do believe you."

Jack leaned his head back against the headrest of his seat, closing his eyes. "God, this has just been the worst day. First you call and tell me you'll be out of town all day, then my dad makes me do some stupid shit, then that whole fight between him and my father."

Mark blushed. "Well... I think I can make it better."

Jack lifted his head up, opening his eyes. "How?" Mark let go of Jack's hand and reached into his pocket, pulling out the small box. Jack stared. "Isn't that the ring that was in the glove box?"

Mark smiled. "It was, until I traded it in for this one. Go on, open it."

Jack eyed Mark warily, but carefully opened the box. He smiled upon seeing the silver band with leaves engraved on the outside. "It's beautiful, Mark." His eyes suddenly widened. "Wait. This isn't..." He turned to look at Mark.

Mark was still blushing. "I know we've only been together for six months, but... I really love you, Jack. I really want to spend my whole life with you. And, listen, I'd get on one knee if I could, but we're in a car, so... what do you say?"

Jack was still staring. "I... I..." He froze for a moment before he broke into a grin and flung his arms around Mark. "Oh my God, yes!"

Mark let out a relieved laugh. "Oh, thank God." Mark hugged Jack tightly.

Suddenly, Mark heard his ringtone go off. The two pulled away so Mark could check it. He found an e-mail notification waiting for him, and Jack looked over his shoulder, recognizing the e-mail address. "That's my dad..."

Mark raised an eyebrow. "I guess I should find out what he wants." Mark clicked on the notification.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro