Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Mark sat in the captain's office, reviewing and reading each application. "I still can't believe you did this."

Matthias smiled. "I did this for your own good, Mark. You need to get your mind off of that case."

Mark put the application he was holding down. "I almost have it, though! I almost have my answer!"

Matthias raised an eyebrow. "Which is?" Mark pilled a file from out of his jacket. "Do you really carry that thing around with you?"

Mark ignored the question and opened up the file. "LAPD has never encountered an Ajani- only members of the Fallen Angels have mentioned him. From what we've gathered, we found out that Ajani works behind the scenes- hacking cameras, making plans, along with other things. He is also rumored to be the Don's son." He looked up at the captain. "He's the guy. He's the one who killed Amy. He has to pay for what he did."

"Calm down, Mark." Matthias gently pulled the file away from him. "Maybe later. Right now you need to decide."

Mark sighed, picking up the last application. He took one glance at it before handing it to Matthias. "He's the one."

Matthias took the application. "Sean William McLoughlin. Born in Athlone, Ireland, move to the States when he was three. Parents passed when he was seven, adopted by a man named Felix soon after." He nodded to himself. "He knows how to handle any weapon. That could come in handy. And he also looks like he's been in a fight or two." He stood up, still holding the application. "I'll let his instructor know." He eyed Mark. "Now you may go back to your investigation." Mark instantly stood up and bolted out of the room.

_______

"The intern at the LAPD has been decided!"

The classroom erupted in cheers, while Jack rolled his eyes. "Let's see who this 'lucky' person is."

"Jack McLoughlin, will you please make your way up to the front of the room?" The class fell silent as all eyes turned to Jack. He stood up slowly and made his way to Jess, who was standing and smiling proudly. She handed him a packet of papers. "Congratulations, Jack. You have been hand picked by Detective Fishbach to be his intern." She started to applaud, and the rest of the class followed.

Jack leaned in to whisper to her. "Are you sure this is safe?"

"Very." She answered. "Just don't say anything." She pulled away with a smile. "You will report to the LAPD at noon tomorrow. Don't be late."

Jack nodded. "I won't. Thank you."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro