Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The two men entered the small hospital room, watching the blue-haired man as his eyes widened. "Get him out of here." He was pointing at Jack.

"Sir, calm down. He's harmless." Mark tried to reassure him.

"He tried to kill me!" The man screamed. "That man tried to kill me!"

A nurse rushed into the room and started fiddling with the IV. "Sorry about that, officer. He tends to do this with any brown hair, blue eyed male that comes in." She looked up, and her eyes softened when she looked at Jack. "Sean..." Jack scowled, looking at the ground. "I... I should go." She walked out of the room.

"What was that about?" Mark asked.

"That's a topic for another time." Jack breathed.

"Right." Mark turned back to the man and found he looked much calmer around Jack. "You're Ethan Nestor, right?" The man nodded. "Great. I'm Detective Fishbach, and this is my intern Jack McLoughlin. We'd like to ask you a few questions about the assault, if you don't mind."

"Go right ahead." Ethan stated.

Mark ushered Jack to a chair and sat next to him. "Watch me." He whispered into Jack's ear, sending a shiver down the Irishman's spine. He pulled back and smiled at Ethan. "Do you think you could describe your attacker?"

Ethan nodded. "Yeah. The first one- the one that punched me- was about five and a half feet tall with brown hair. He also wore a white and black mask and talked with an obviously fake deep voice. The second one- the one that shot me- was probably almost six feet tall, with green hair and blue eyes. He spoke in an accent, but I can't remember what it sounded like. He definitely spoke in English, though, and it wasn't broken."

"Did you hear anything afterwards? Names, locations, anything specific?"

Ethan thought for a moment. "I heard the names Ajani and Cryaotic before I passed out, if that helps."

"It does. Can you remember anything else?"

Ethan thought for another moment before shaking his head. "No, sorry. Nothing comes to mind."

Mark stood up, and Jack followed. "Thank you for your time, Mr. Nestor." Mark put a hand on Jack's shoulder and ushered him back out of the hospital.

"That was quick." Jack commented.

"Interrogations usually are." Mark smirked. "Now, what did you learn?"

Jack thought for a moment. "The way you talk to someone and ask them questions depends on their stature and emotion. If they're rude, or hard to get, you're rude in return. If they're soft-spoken, you're kind to them."

Mark was nodding. "Right. You're pretty smart, Jack." Jack blushed, looking down at his feet. "Let's get out of here, shall we?"

"Yeah. Let's." Jack muttered, getting into the squad car.

The nurse from earlier witnessed this, and as soon as they left the parking lot, she pulled out her phone and called someone.

"Wishu, what is it?"

"Don." She started. "Sean- Ajani- was just here. With a police officer. Interrogating the last victim."

"The officer knows something." The Don was muttering to himself. "He's trying to get to the bottom of something. Wait, the last victim, as in-"

"Yes, Don. The last victim, as in the one Cryaotic and Ajani both tried to kill."

"Fuck. If it's the officer that I think it is, then it's the same one who was the boyfriend of that girl Ajani killed three months ago."

"I think it is."

"Shit. I'll let him know when he gets home. Thank you for telling me." He hung up.

The nurse sighed, still looking out the window. "I'm sorry, Sean." She whispered to herself. "I just want to protect you. I love you."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro