Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Jessica was just about to put a smores poptart in the microwave when a knock sounded at the door.

"Just a second!" she called back irritatedly.

She popped it in the microwave and rushed over to the door. When she pulled the door opened she saw Logan and she couldn't help but to smile.

"Hey." she greeted him.

"Hello you." he replied handing her a bag.

"You come bearing gifts too? You've made my day."

"Wish I could take credit for that but sorry I found it hanging on your door." he told her as he walked by her and opened the microwave that was beeping.

She watched him remove the pop tart and open the foil and take a bite. By the way he quickly opened his mouth and was breathing like fire was on his tongue she could tell the pastry burnt him.

Serves him right for stealing my food.

She put the bag on the counter and popped another pastry in and waited.

As she took a bite she opened the bag that both of them were eyeing.

"Wow" she said when she saw the ring nestled in the jewelry box.

"Someone loves you." Logan said from across the room where he was watching TV.

"This is beautiful." she whispered staring at the piece.

"I guess he took my advice and went for jewelry." Logan said before turning back to the TV.

"I wish you didn't tell him to. I can't accept this." Jessica said closing the tiny box.

"I thought women loved jewelry!" Logan exclaimed

"We do. Well some of us at least."

"So what is the problem?" Logan asked

"Jewelry doesn't fix everything." she replied with a shrug.

"I don't understand women!" Logan exclaimed getting up from the couch so fast it startled her. "You tell us to show you women we care and when we do its not what you want. A guy can't read your mind you have to give us something to go on here. This is so darn frustrating."

As he went on ranting Jessica started at him surprised before finally bursting into a fit of giggles causing Logan to stop pacing and stare at her.

"I don't see what's so darn funny!" he snapped

"Logan I can't believe it. Is it possible that you've finally met a woman that's gotten pace your player boy's heart?" she teased him

"Of course not." he said

Jessica was now fully laughing when she saw the blush creep into his cheeks.

"Then why are you blushing?" she asked knowingly

"I'm not." he replied

"You're so busted! Come sit give me the details leave nothing out." she told him patting the couch next to her.

"You sure you want every single detail?" he asked her with a smirk.

"Ew no don't even mention that part. Just give me the I important stuff." Jessica explained

"Like what?"

The genuine confusion on his face had her slapping her forehead.

"Well no wonder she's mad at you. That's why you're in a bad mood right?"

"Maybe." he said pouting in a way that had her trying to hide her laughter.

"What did you do?" she asked

"Well, I met her in a karaoke bar. She was with her friends and I guess they dared her to sing. Her voice was out of this world, she's gorgeous too. By the time she got done singing I was putty on that bar stool. Our eyes connected as she was going back to her table and she blushed and looked away. I bought a round of drinks for her table and told the bartender to put in a good word with her for me. We spent the night talking, drinking. She's unlike anyone I've ever met. I guess we had too much to drink because I woke up with her tangled around me. I panicked and left her in the hotel room with a note and a hundred dollar bill."

Jessica slapped him upside his head when she heard the last part. It sounded like he was doing so well then he went and treated her like a hooker.

"What was that for? " Logan asked rubbing the sore spot.

"You idiot. Why would you insult her like that? " Jessica exclaimed

"How did I? What are you... Explain. " he told her with a blank expression.

"You made her feel like a hooker! Only hookers get paid the morning after sex." Jessica exclaimed

"Shit!" Logan said dropping his head back against the couch. "That's not what the money was for. I knew she didn't have her purse or anything on her so I left the money so she could get a cab."

"Did you explain that in the note?" Jessica asked him.

"No I just left my number and said call me. "

"Aw Logan. "

"I know! She was so pissed off. I was having dinner with my family when she called. Let me just say, she chewed my ass out so bad and swore so much that even I was blushing. She was livid. I was confused and didn't even know it was her until she told me where to stick the money then I heard her rip it up before hanging up on me. I called back but she blocked me. "

"Did you try again? " asked Jessica

"Yeah but she blocks each number I call from."

Jessica gave his hand a comforting pat.

"Sorry Lolo." she said

She bit her lips to keep from laughing when he turned to glare at her.

"I warned you not to call me that." he said

"Oops?" she replied innocently

"Yeah I'm gonna oops my foot up your a-"

He got cut off by her phone ringing. When she picked it up she saw it was Javier. She glanced at Logan who gave her an encouraging nod.

"Hello Javier. " she finally answered.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro