Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Early in the morning, Roshni opened her eyes. She found herself caged in Vicky's arms. Finding him so close, a moment she thought she was dreaming. Vicky sensed her gaze and opened his eyes.
She sat up with a sudden jerk. "Ah.. so...sorry... I.. I was..."

"Sorry, ? For what Roshni... You were just sleeping. " , Vicky got up from the bed.  " How are you feeling now. ?"

She just nodded as a response. And didn't even looked at his face. She was a bit embarrassed .

"Ok . You please fresh up. I will bring you breakfast. Washroom that side. "

Vicky went out. Roshni smilied to herself and went inside the washroom.
The cold water splashed over her face. It gave her peace. Suddenly the last night events came to her mind.

The party, the girl, the wolf, and the wound on her forehead.
Roshni touched her head, trying to sense any pain. But nothing was there. She looked herself at the mirror, searching for the wound. But to her surprise not even a scratch was found.

"Was I dreaming it all.... No if I was, then how I reached at Vicky's home. But, the wound..  there not any single mark. "

Roshni came out. She again looked herself on the bigger mirror at the dressing. But it was useless.
Vicky came inside with a tray of sandwiches and a glass of juice.

"Roshni... What happened.. you look tensed. "

"Vicky... That..  I remember.. yesterday I fell down, and ... Yeah I had a cut on my forehead. Not so small. Blood was also oozing out... But now.. I can't see any mark... How can this happen.." ,
Roshni said, still searching for the mark through the window.

"No Roshni. You did fell down, but you weren't injured. When I found you , you were just unconscious. That's all.
Leave it. Have your breakfast."
He tried to brush off the topic. But Roshni didn't. Even though she decided to remain silent, she was cent percent sure that she was injured.

Vicky dragged her and made her sit on the couch.
"Have it."
He extended the glass of juice and she received.

"Vicky... I don't know what would have I done without you. Whenever I was in need of help, you were there. Whenever I was in trouble, you came to help me. God has sent you as an angel to me Vicky. I am.. I am so happy that you are beside me. Forever... Isn't it? You won't leave me right..?"
  Roshni didn't knew what made her ask that.

"Roshni... I will be always beside you, whenever you need me,  as a friend. "
Vicky said.

"Friend..?" , She repeated the word. Was he just a friend for her.

"Yes... Friend. "

Roshni stood up followed by Vicky.
"Vicky... Am I just a friend for you. Don't you feel the same for me as I do..?"
Her eyes welled up. Even though she herself was not aware about her feelings to him, she was sure it's not just friendship.

"What rubbish are you speaking Roshni. You are just a friend for me. Nothing else. You needed help , so I came. Don't misunderstand it as something else. " , Vicky blurred out without meeting her eyes.

"Is it because her, whose photo is kept in your wallet.? " , She asked in a soft tone.
But the question was like a thunder for him. He looked at her face, which was now covered with tears.

"The same girl whose face is similar to me. Who is she.. your girlfriend? "

" She is not similar to you Roshni. You are similar to her. And she is my love... My everything. I even gave my life for her..."

"Wh...what...?"

"I mean.. I can even give my life for her. She is my world. My love. " , Vicky left the room.

A part of her knew this. But the other part always said her, She belongs to him. The tears let out it's way through her eyes.

At a distance she found the photo frame of theirs. Vicky and his love, hugging each other. She took the frame in her hand.
Roshni was jealous. Yes shr was jealous to see her love with someone else. Even if the face was similar. She rubbed her tears and kept the frame on desk. She was about to go, when something else caught her attention.

She took the frame again.
At the bottom left corner, a date was written. "22/06/1989"

Suddenly the frame was dragged out from her grip by Vicky.
She averted glance from him.
Vicky kept the frame inside his wardrobe and locked it.
"Have your breakfast soon. Later I will drop you hostel."
Vicky exited from the room.

Roshni was thinking about the picture.
"1989... Nearly thirty years old picture. But how... How is that possible..  Vicky and that girl, together before thirty years.... No no. It's not possible. Maybe it's some other indication.
    But what about the wound on my forehead. How did it disappeared overnight... And... How, how Vicky get rid off the wolf last night..."
She had many questions. But unanswered.

Later in the car, Roshni decided to ask about it to him. "Vicky, what you did yesterday to get rid off the wolf. Why didn't it attack us..?"

"Roshni... Remember one thing, if we have will power, we can suppress the enemy. Especially when it is an animal. If you glare it with the same courage or more than it, they will scare and run away. That's what I did. I just scared it."

Roshni nodded. Maybe he is right. But something is missing.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro