03| The Ball

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Kelly LeVonne

The night of the ball quickly arrived and as I was doing the finishing touches of my make up my mother walked in.

She pauses as she takes me in with a small gasp. I mentally roll my eyes at her dramatisism but can't help the small fond smile that comes to my face.

"You look absolutely breathtaking, darling." She says as she holds my cheek in her palm softly, her eyes looking glossy.

"Thank you, Mum." I tell her. "And you look absolutely beautiful as well. Aging like a fine wine."

I admire her black floor length dress which is lace with some intricate beaded designs around the neck line which leaves no room for a necklace. I hadn't seen her pick this dress out when we went shopping. Coming to think of it, I hadn't seen her pick anything for herself.

"Thank you. Now be quick, dear, your father is waiting for us." She informs me with a pat on the arm before leaving the room.

Of course my father is back for this ball. Anything that requires socializing for his business and fulfilling his duties as Duke he took very seriously and never missed. Apparently, his family wasn't important enough to get the same dedication and attention.

I look at my black hair which I packed to the right side in waves, in the mirror before carefully wearing the diamond choker from my father. Once I finished, I made my way down to the black limo in our driveway which was awaiting me.

I settled in to find myself seated across both my parents. My father's attention was on his phone but he immediately looked up at my arrival. A wide smile overtakes his face.

"Good evening, Father." I greet with a smile.

"Good evening, my love. Did you have a good flight?" He asks.

"Yes, I did. Thank you for the gift."

"It was nothing." He said with a dismissive wave of his hand as he looked back to his phone. And just like that the conversation was over.

Of course it was nothing.

Don't get me wrong I love my father but he can sometimes be so damn blind as to which is more important in his business and his family.

"Doesn't she look beautiful, my love?" My mom suddenly says with a sly smile on her face as the driver pulls away from the driveway.

My father looks back up again. "Of course you do, darling."

"Enough to catch the attention of some handsome men tonight." She adds with a small wink at me while my father just shakes his head at her, a faint smile appearing on his face.

"Mum!" I chide.

I should have known this would come up. Why else had she dedicated so much time and energy to doll me up if it wasn't in hopes of me finding a suitor tonight. Knowing my mother, she already had a few potential men lined up for me to meet tonight.

She had been trying for years to get me into a relationship with some of her friends sons but none of them had been able to keep my interest. Some had held it temporarily, after all, this is a country crawling with handsome, eligible young men but most times, with wealth came an obnoxious mindset and a strong sense of entitlement which made them arrogant assholes, a character that I am not particularly fond of, especially in my men.

"What?" My mother asks innocently. "I'm simply trying to help." She pauses and at this point my father isn't even paying attention to us. "Darling, you aren't getting any younger. In a matter of months, you will be 25 years old. Callen doesn't seem like he will be getting married anytime soon either and as a man he doesn't have to. But you, my dear, do."

I turn my head to the window with a small inaudible sigh. I hate to admit it but she is partly correct. In the society I live in, not been married by 26 was viewed as some sort of abomination, not that I care what others think but I knew that from that age, it would be even harder.

I personally do want to get married. But for love and not because I don't have a choice or because I'm getting older as my mother so graciously pointed out. If I find love now, good and fine. If it comes later, that is also fine by me. What I do know is that it will come when it is meant to and I was in no rush.

But to appease my mum, I say, "I know, Mum. I will try and keep an open mind tonight."

She smiles, seemingly satisfied with my reply. "Thank you."

I just look back outside the window.

I have had a few boyfriends in the past, but none of them ever seemed to make me feel a certain way that I wished to feel. I wanted to be able to feel passion. I want to find that one person that will make me feel desire before he even touches me. I know deep inside I have a submissive side so I want to find a man who knows how to controlling as well as gentle. Rough but caring. Someone who is able to know and give me what I need. And I know that person is somewhere out there. Now, I just need to find him.

Please don't forget to vote, comment your thoughts, share and follow me for updates in the near future.💘

Also, the beginning might be/seem a tad bit slow but that's just cause I don't want to rush things between the two of them so bear with me.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro