Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Lan Fan opened her eyes at dawn. She grabbed her bags and went out to the castle gate to meet her grandfather and her prince. Her grandfather was already waiting there, but the prince wasn't there.

"Where is the young lord, grandfather?" Lan Fan asked.

"I'm not sure." Her grandfather responded.

"I'm here!!" Ling shouted as he ran out, carrying lots of food. Lan Fan sighed when she saw him. Ling stopped running and smiled. "I got plenty of food for the road!"

"Young lord, we already have food." The grandfather said.

"But this is just in case! We can go now!" Ling said and put the food in his bag.

Lan Fan shook her head and the three set out on their journey to save the princess.

Ling led the way, following his "instincts." It was the best they had, their only lead. Lan Fan and her grandfather had to simply trust him as they made their journey.

"My young lord." Ling looked at her as they walked. "Who would do this? Why would someone kidnap the princess?"

"I don't know, Lan Fan. I really don't know. But I swear that we will save her. Whoever they are, they aren't getting away with this. I'll make sure of it." Ling's voice was serious and intimidating. Lan Fan looked at the prince.

"I still apologize for allowing this to happen." Lan Fan bowed slightly.

"It's okay, Lan Fan." Ling smiled at the sweet knight. "You tried your best and it's okay. We'll get Mei back."

Lan Fan looked at Ling who had such a soft hearted smile. It made her happy to have such a kind prince with her.

"And whoever it is will be punished severely for this." Lan Fan's grandfather added.

"Definitely." Ling added.

The three continued their journey in silence for a while longer until the sun began to set. Grandfather noticed and suggested they set up camp. Ling agreed and the three stopped began to set up camp beneath a large tree. Ling made a delicious dinner for all of them. Lan Fan smiled softly as she took her bowl of dinner from Ling and began eating. She looked at him. The fire's light flickered on him, casting an odd orange glow on him. She liked how he looked especially that sweet smile. He was so kind. Lan Fan smiled as she ate her dinner.

After dinner, Ling went to sleep as Lan Fan and her grandfather took turns keeping watch so they could protect the prince. It was their duty after all.

During Lan Fan's second turn, her eyes wandered to the sleeping prince. He snored softly as he slept and with a peaceful smile upon his face. She smiled for she loved seeing the prince in such a peaceful state. She glanced up through the branches of the tree, up at moon shining between the branches. It was approaching a full moon and it shined brightly. She took a deep breath and let it out, feeling at peace.

Lan Fan felt a tap on her shoulder and saw her grandfather. Lan Fan nodded and closed her eyes. She slowly drifted off to sleep, being at peace knowing that her prince was safe and calm and knowing that her grandfather was watching over them.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro