75~ His Last Letter

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Next day, Monica was alone in the apartment. Jhanvi had gone to meet a friend while Eshaan had gone to work. Many times, she was tempted to drink her favorite wine from the cabinet but resisted. And to distract herself, she tried watching television. As she watched some random show, there was a ring at the door. She sighed assuming Jhanvi was back. Disinterested, she tossed the remote on the sofa beside her and got up. She walked towards the main-door and opened the door. She frowned on seeing a young man standing in front of him. She looked at him from top to bottom, he was dressed in a driver's uniform.

'Yes?'

'Monica Rai?'

She nodded, and he handed her a letter, - 'Kavita Maam has sent this to you.' He said humbly. Monica's expressions and posture changed. She gulped and took the letter from him. Then, the man turned around and walked away. Monica closed the door and walked into the living room.

Had Kabir told Kavita about me? – She wondered and then looked down at the letter. She gulped softly and slowly tore the envelope. Her fingers trembled as she took out the letter. She unfolded the letter and once again, she gulped the tight lump in her throat. She frowned noticing the letter was written in Kabir's handwriting. She realized instantly that he had written this letter before his death. With the thought, Monica felt uneasy in her stomach. She walked up to the sofa and sat down. Her heartbeat began to increase as she brought the letter near her face.

Monica,

I wanted to talk to you personally, but I know that is not possible now. By the time, you will get this letter I will not be alive.

It is so funny, right? Last we met, who knew this would happen. But this life.

Monica, you are a very wonderful woman. I can be myself with you. After Kavita, you are the only woman who is permanent in my life. I had many affairs, but you were special. Even though I kept telling myself, but I knew I was with you not just for sex. I was with you because I enjoyed your company and slowly, I began liking you. I don't know if one person can love two persons at one time, but I know that I love both you and Kavita.

That night, I regretted my behavior, but after you left me, I was blinded by frustration and anger. But, please don't blame yourself for whatever happened. The way I was going, something like this was bound to happen. I want to apologize to you, from bottom of my heart, for my actions that night.

Anyway, my breaths are limited now but you have a long life ahead of you. Eshaan is a very good man. He is loyal and a passionate person, you have made a good choice. Have a good life, Monica and if possible try to keep good memories of me.

Kabir.

By the time, Monica finished reading the letter she felt her eyes moist. She folded her paper and inhaled sharply. She moved her palm and wiped her tears. Then, she leaned forward and held her forehead briefly.

She felt disturbed after reading the letter, all the memories of Kabir kept flashing before her eyes. To distract herself she walked up to the cabinet.

She poured a glass of wine and dropped some ice into it. She took a sip and walked towards the sofa. She sat and placed one leg over the other. She continued to drink while staring at the TV screen. As she drank, the main door opened and Jhanvi walked in.

Jhanvi frowned wondering why the main door was opened. She wondered for a moment, then shrugged and walked into the living room. She stopped in her tracks when she found Monica sitting on the sofa with a glass of something in her hand. She blinked as she watched her take a sip from the glass.

'Monica.' She gasped.

Monica paused with wine in her mouth, she looked towards her and found Jhanvi blinking at her. She gulped the drink and forced a smile.

'What are you drinking?' She asked curiously.

'Nothing.' Monica gulped the rest of the drink and forced a smile.

'Are you drinking alcohol in this state?' Jhanvi asked and Monica mentally slapped her forehead. Jhanvi turned her head and found the bottle of wine out of the wine cabinet. She looked back at Monica.

Monica's expressions turned stern, - 'So,' – she shrugged and walked towards the cabinet, - 'You don't interfere, okay.' She warned her and placed the bottle back inside the cabinet. Jhanvi kept looking at her while Monica walked haughtily towards her and Eshaan's room. Jhanvi frowned staring the back of the closed door.

How was the Chapter, guys? Drop your thoughts in the comments, please *smiles*

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro