26: Shopping spree part 1

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I step on the stage looking out into the croud. I was standing in the same place Matian luther king Jr gave his,"I have a Dream" speech. The Lincoln memorial. Walking to the podium I gulping looking at the thousands mane even millions of people who decided to attend.

"People of the world, in these past few months, we have all suffered tragedy upon tragedy. Droughts, hurricanes, tornadoes, Earthquacks, tsunamis and more. Many people have lost loved ones from this experience. I can tell you they will be remembered. Their memory wont be in vein. This world will rise up and become stronger. I'm not going to say it's going to be easy, but it can be done. With help we can restore this planet back to what it once was and more. Starting today a new era has begun. One of hope and rebirth. One where I hope ghouls and humans can learn to coincid together. We can all learn to be treated like equals. The quirk era is over and should stay that way. Let's start off this era and make it so we can look back and be proud. A time where you can look back and tell your children or grandchildren that we did this. We all banded together, in the hardest of times and set aside our differences for the good of everyone and helped build a world where discrimination was a thing of the past. Everyone was equal to everyone. The rich and the poor were treated the same and ghouls werent looked down upon for being born who they were. Todays the day we remember, that not only was it the start of a new generation. It is also the day that we will always remember that we won, we didn't give up... Thank you everyone for your support."

I say backing away from the podium and hurrying behind the curtain. I take a deep breath feeling my heart pounding. I could hear the cheers and applause from here" Lily you did great, I dont see what you were so worried about?" Kirishima says ruffling my hair messing it up." Thanks kiri, and stop. It took me a whole 20 minutes to straighten my hair." He gasps pretending to be shocked." OMG, a whole 20 minutes. I'm stunned lily." He says smirking.

I pout looking away." I know, I could have spent that time sleeping, but you know today was important." He laughs at me grabbing my close. He kisses my head, not letting me go." NOOOOOOO, freedom, I say. Freedom" I screech laughing. Fakingly trying to get away. This was a good day.

Now all I needed to figure out was how i was going to get everything i needed back to my other world.

From the moment I left the stage, I wiped out my debit card and went to the store. Of course it was a bit difficult now that basically everyone in the world knew who I was and what I looked like.

After my speech I had rented as many uhaul trucks as I could get my hands on, which was a lot. We first went to home depot. I bought all the construction wood, bricks, concrete and insulation that I could get my hands on. My father had as much money as Bill Gates did so it didnt even pit a dent in my bank account. I wanted the best for my people. No longer would they be suffering from malnutrition, dehydration or starvation. They deserved better then what they were given.

I picked out tile for each house. And big windows for sunlight.

While there I picked up as much gardening supplies as I could find while grabbing all of there seeds for food. We would be growing all types of food as soon as things became a bit more settled.

Next I went to walmart. When In doubt go to walmart or the dollar store if you need anything. It was funny. I grabbed 2 carts and in minutes i was filled to the brim and over flowing. I had to ask the manager if there was a place I could put my carts because I was no where near done. I was just getting started. I wasent even looking at what we were putting In the carts. By the end I had about 40 carts full of just clothes. Next was food, bathing supplies, and bedding and trash bags, lots and lots of trash bags.

I started on the bathing supplies next. At this point I was about laughing my ass off. Employees and customers alike were following me around watching me clear shelves on a whim in amazement.

I immeditly started throwing soap into the cart. For now I would go with liquid soap, until I could establish people with a cleaner environment and better hygiene routine. Then I grabbed bottles upon, bottles upon, bottles of shampoo and conditioner. Next I grabbed tooth brushes, tooth paste and deodorant.

Kiri was looking at me surprised. Shaking his head." Your the best thing these people will ever know, lily. I hope you know your saving many lives by doing this." He says coming up behind me and hugging me. I turn around and hug him back planting a big kiss on his lips." Kiri, I love you, but your distracting me." He chuckles releasing me. Turning back around I grab a new cart. Giving kiri the full one. I go to the bedding aisle and start grabbing blankets and small pillows for now. That took about 14 carts.

I lost kiri so I had to take the carts up myself. The sight infront of me made me gulp, not at the price, but at the sight. There were over a hundred carts filled to the brim with everything I felt my people would need. I find kiri trying to organize everything so it doesnt block anyone's path. I shake my head walking over to him." Hay kiri I'm not done shopping but I'm going to start paying for things and reusing the carts. He nods, a look of relief on his face.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro