10: Wake Up

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I woke up with a groan. I can't remember the last time I woke up in the hospital. I think it was when I had to get my kidney replaced when I almost died from the book. Funnily enough, I woke up that time with Egon in the other bed has well. He had some stitches above his right eye. He wasn't wearing his glasses since they were on the table next to him, broken in half and one lens cracked beyond repair. His right arm was wrapped up, but it wasn't cast. Which means it wasn't broken, good for him. I looked up and saw that we were in a huge room with five beds in it. On one side was me and Egon. On the other was Peter and Ray. Winston was in the middle against the wall. 

Winston was sitting up unlike the rest of us. He had taken the least of the impact since he was on the passenger side in the back. He had Egon and Ray before any impact when we got hit. He had a few brusies and cuts on his face and arms. It looked like his left leg took a nasty cut, but nothing broken. Black and blue, yes, but he would heal quickly. 

Ray looked the second worst since he had been on the side that got hit, but being in the back saved him. He had a huge cut on his left side that had stitches in it. It went from beside his eye that went all the way to his jaw. It was nasty. He had a few bruises and cuts on his left side. He wasn't so lucky and had a broken leg and a very badly cut arm. I wouldn't be surprised if he had stitches under that bandage. He was awake, but I could tell by the look on his face he would rather be asleep still. 

I'll talk about me next since I will save the worst for last. I looked down and saw that I was nicely cut too. It wasn't has bad has Ray, but a good cut was on my arm and I think it had stitches in it. I had a few on my legs but not bad enough for stitches and such. My glasses were next to Egon's with one of the sides snapped off and the lens broken like his. I didn't think I was too badly scrapped up. Sore, yes, but I would life. 

Now let's get to the person who took the worst of the hit. I mean the truck did hit the driver's side and the driver more than the back. Peter was the one driver. He was still out cold. He had multiple cuts on his face. His left arm was broken and so was his left foot. His right leg was also in a cast, meaning it was broken has well. His right arm was covered in a bandage and I couldn't tell what was under there. I could see a little blood coming through the whiteness though, so I knew it wasn't good. He really did look like someone hit him with a truck. Thankfully he wasn't hooked to oxygen, but he did have a heart monitor. 

"Gozer wanted to prove something, huh Egon," Ray groaned out, looking at my brother. He slowly sat up, groaning in pain himself. 

"Well... that was one way to do it," he told us. 

"Poor Peter," Winston sighed, looking at the poor man. I had to nod in agreement. 

"He did get hit the worst," I mumbled. "Though none of us are looking pretty." 

"Next time someone wants to put us in a trance, can one of us have the common sense we were born with and move us out of the middle of the road," Winston huffed, laying himself back down. I know he looked the prettiest out of us all, but he had to have been sore still. 

"I tried to, but I didn't get to do so before I joined you boys." 

"Thanks Natalie for trying at least." 

"Anytime Winston." 

We looked over when Peter started to wake up with a moan. He blinked, or tried to. He did have a nice looking black eye now that I looked closer. He looked around before trying to sit up. The pain that had to have shot through his body made him lay back down. 

"So, how does everyone feel? Because I fell like I got hit by a truck!" the sarcastic man told us with a smile. If he wasn't so beat up already, I might have hit him. 

"Oh guys!" I heard someone cry before we could respond to Peter. I looked up and Janine was in the doorway, looking at us like we were wounded puppies. Which was a far way to look at us. "What happened? I just got a call saying you all were in a car crash and I came has soon has I could!" 

"Well Gozer thought it would be a fun idea to put us in a nice little trance so we were stopped in the middle of the road. Which was the perfect place for a truck to come and hit us full force," Winston explained to her. 

"Are you all okay? Besides from the clear stuff I can see with my own eyes." 

"We'll live," Egon told her. 

"Won't be active for a while though. No way can we bust ghost with these injuries," I pointed out to them. 

"I'm okay with that," Peter moaned. "I mean I really feel like death." 

"You look like death." 

"Thanks Ray. I can always count on you for support in my trying times." 

"Now I can tell you five are fine," Janine chuckled, sitting down next to Egon. 

I did say the universe hates us. I'm not saying that because happened after this. Nah, we were free for the time being. We had to stay in the hospital for a week after that. Winston got to go before any of us since lucky man was the least injured. I was shortly after has was Egon. Ray and Peter were in there for a couple days after us since they had a few other injuries we couldn't see that I won't go into too much details about. But the time it took us to heal was annoying. 

We were on strict no working orders by the doctors. We were just supposed to lay around and do nothing. No ghost hunting, no lifting heavy things, nothing that would make us more injured. The bright side was that Ecto-1 wasn't too badly damaged herself. I think Ray and Winston would have had a panic attack if she was. They loved that car. Once they were up to it and couldn't they fixed her up. Didn't look like she had gotten into a wreak at all. 

We also had a really pretty nurse taking care of us. Janine made herself at home for the weeks we were supposed to not move around to much. She pulled out an air mattress and slept in the room we all shared in case we needed her. It was really sweet of her. We made sure to give her a bonus on her pay cheek since it was something she didn't have to do. 

But honestly I wish we could have stayed like that instead of the huge storm. A car crash was nothing compared to the torture we had to face later in the year. I would take in any day of the week over that.   

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro