19: Her Plan

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

We had quickly changed and got on the road to the docks. We were pretty quiet on the ride there. I'm pretty sure we had different things on our minds. Peter was probably thinking how awful it was to be used by this ghost. I was thinking about how to help Peter once this was once over. He was going to be crushed, I knew it. I had no idea what Ray or Winston were thinking. Winston was probably thinking about the road since he was the one driving. Egon had his head in a book, clearly doing research on Danica and how to beat her. 

When we parked, we saw her with a smile. She had four tapestries behind her. We had clearly gotten to late to stop whoever she was going to trap. We got out, pulling our wands out. 

"Hey, Danica!" Peter called. She turned around, quickly dodging our streams. 

"Yes?" she asked with a smile. "Oh and I'd be carful with those streams. You might hit my lovely people here." 

"Why don't you tell us what you want with them?" Ray asked her. We had lowered our wands since she was right. We couldn't risk hitting the others . 

"How about no? Oh Peter, don't you think they look lovely?" she mocked. 

I looked to see who she had added. I didn't really know one of them. I knew he ran the docks, that's it. Instead of a normal dock worker he wasn't really wearing a shirt. He had a thin cloth that went down in a Greek style. The cloth was dark blue. He had waves from the ocean all around him. I did know the second person though. It was the chief of the New York City police. He was wearing Greek armor that was pure gold. It looked like he was in the middle of a war around him. 

"No, they don't!" he snapped. "Let them go! Come on, make this easy on us!" 

"Let me think... no!" she laughed, disappearing again. 

"Ugh, what even is she planning?" he cried. 

"Hey Natalie, can you remind me of something?" Egon asked me, making me look at him. 

"Yes?" 

"How many Greek gods are on the Olympic council?" 

"Twelve, why?" 

"I think I have an idea what she's planning." 

"What is it Egon?" Winston asked. 

"She said she had to get twelve people together to get the gods in their proper bodies," he explained. "Well those all had something in common: they were in a Greek style clothing. There are twelve main gods in the Greek mythology. So far she has four." 

"You're right!" Ray exclaimed. "She has been comparing people to the Greek gods since we meant her. The mayor was Zeus and his wife was Hera! They were even dressed like them!" 

"She did say the chief was like Ares," Winston put in. 

"And the dock head was like Poseidon," Peter sighed. "So if we just recall who is who, we can figure out who's going after to protect them, right?" 

"Exactly," Ray beamed. "So what gods does she have left?" 

"Well if she's got Zeus, Hera, Ares, and Poseidon, that leaves eight left. That would be Demeter, Athena, Apollo, Artemis, Hephaestus, Aphrodite, Hermes, and Dionysus," I explained to them. 

"That's actually easy," Peter told us. "She compared the bar manager that we went to a lot to Dionysus. She said the taxi driver I'm friends with to Hermes. The sculptor maker I knew from college was Hephaestus." 

"So clearly she is stretching for some of them," I chuckled. "I mean a stone maker isn't really like the blacksmithing god." 

"Wait a minute," Ray said, a look of horror hitting him. "She said you two were like Apollo and Artemis!" 

"That's right," Egon groaned, that same look washing over him. 

"She wants to turn me and my twin brother into tapestries repasting the Greek gods Apollo and Artemis?" I asked, earing me some nods. "I have to be honest, I'd rather not be turned into a piece of cloth by Peter's girlfriend." 

"Well we just have to keep you two with us as we figure out who's she going after next," Winston told the two of us. "If we have any say in the mater, no one is turning anymore, not even you two. So let's get a move on while you think of a way to stop her Egon." 

"Sounds like a plan," I chuckled, getting in the car. So did the others. 

We drove in silence again so we didn't interrupt Egon's train of thought. I was thinking about it too. So we did have an idea who was going to be who. We decided to head to the library since the head one was doomed to be Athena if we didn't stop her. Or at least we would have if Winston hadn't hit something. 

I don't blame him though. It was like it came out of no where since it did. He had to swerve out of the way from hitting the ghost. We were near the Empire State Building. She had the four decorations hanging on the tall building. I guess she got tired of them being behind her all the time. We quickly got out, ready to stop her there. 

"Okay, what do you want now?" Peter asked. "I thought you had people to get!" 

"Oh I do," she told us with a smile. "I mean if I let Egon there stay out for long, he's going to stop me! I almost want to change him to Athena with how quickly he figured that out. Though I won't have an Artemis and it sadly has to be twins for them." 

"How about you back off my brother?" I glared at her. 

She grinned, making her skin glow brighter. It blinded us enough that she knocked us all away from Egon. I quickly sat up in time to see her grabbing my brother. Just like the mayor and his wife, I saw him disappear in a flash of light. I looked up at the building to see a fifth tapestry. 

In it was Egon holding a bow. He was wearing a silver dress in Greek style with a moon pin. He wasn't wearing his glasses and he looked like he was covered in a silver glow. Above his head was the moon and a few animals behind him. A white deer, a hunting dog, a crow, other animals of that nature that you either hunt or use for hunting. He did look like the goddess. If he wasn't trapped in who knew what, I would say it was a good look for him. 

"Let him go!" I snapped, standing up. "You can't do this to him!" 

"I already did," she snickered. "But don't worry Nat, you'll be joining him in a second. I think you'll look just as lovely. I'm making sure you two do!" 

Before I could say a word, she grabbed my arm. I stared up at her black eyes that seemed to show the stars. I felt my body getting lighter. I tried to pull my arm away from her grip, but I couldn't. Before I knew what else to do, the world went black.  

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro