6: Left Face!

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Weeks have gone by since Gozer talked to us. We never forgot about them, but we pushed them aside has we did our job. We felt somewhat ready if they ever decided to show up to face us. We decided that we should go one with life has usually. 

Yet we weren't ready for a ghost that showed up a few weeks later. We had just busted a normal ghost for a factor. It was the fifth bust of the day and we were all getting tired. We started to drive back to the fire house when Janie gave us a call. 

"You guys have a weird call," she told us. "An old military base is getting some weird activity and they want you to cheek it out." 

"Alright," Ray yawned since he was the one driving. I did tell you that we were getting pretty tired. I think this might be the last bust of the day so we could all take a little nap. Having the sells pitch saying we would catch the ghost twenty-four/seven was annoying. I want to know which idiot out of Peter, Ray, and Egon came up with it. Probably Peter or Ray. Egon wasn't that much of an idiot. Winston and I had no say in the matter at all. We came after. 

Ray parked the car outside the place. It was an old base that wasn't really used much. It was more a place people could stop by and see. We got out of the car and walked inside, looking around. It looked like a place you'd find an army of ghost. I didn't even want to know how many spirits were stuck in here. Hopefully only one was acting out. We were letting Peter take the lead because it was Peter. That's the only good reason I can give you for it. 

The reason that is important is because what happened next. 

Peter was looking around, looking ready to blast the first thing that moved. The ghost came out, surprising him. It had a green glow around it, and it looked more human than many of the other ghost we face. He looked like one of those military generals that you see all the time. Peter and Ray tried to blast it, but that didn't do anything. At least not good for them. I have to say it was really funny. The ghost moved around and ended up taking their packs right off them, flying away and placing them in a wooden box. 

"You sorry excuse for soldiers can't even think of hitting me!" the ghost laughed. "Just for missing you are to drop and give me twenty! Now!" 

"That's not happening," Peter told him. Ray nodded in agreement before the ghost gave them a dirty look. They both went on the ground and tried to do some push ups. 

"That's just sad," Winston told them when they couldn't even get to five. 

"You think you can do better than try it!" Ray snapped at us, finally getting his second one done. 

"Good idea!" the general told us, taking mine, Winston's, and Egon's back and locking them in the wooden box. "You five do twenty push ups or you won't be getting those packs back!" 

Winston and Egon groaned, getting on the ground. I just rolled my eyes and did the push ups without a problem. Like I said, I was called the brawn of the Ghostbusters for a reason. I once did a hundred push ups in about a minute. Before you say that's impossible, I promise you there are people who can do more than that somewhere out there. Once the easy twenty push ups were done from me I went to helping Ray and Egon. I've never in my life seen Egon do one little push up. After a bit the other four finally finished. 

"Now that's just sad. A long haired boy who looks like he could use some food just showed you four strong man up!" That made the general laughed at them. 

"Long hair boy?" Egon asked. "Who are you talking about?" 

"Him!" His long finger pointed at me, making us go wide eyed. 

"I'm a girl," I told him. "In fact I have three things that would prove it." 

"I doubt a girl could up-show a bunch of men. Now you five- well four I should say- need some training before you can hope to hit me! You better get some sleep because we are going to be starting off early!' 

We watched has the ghost flew off. Peter walked over to the box and tried to open it. We all did, but no matter what we did we just couldn't get the packs out of the box. 

"Don't we keep a spare in Ecto-1?" Peter asked, stretching out. They all looked a little sore. 

"We do." Ray looked at the gate before going wide eyed. "Yet the gate is looked too!" 

"What?!" We all rushed to the gate and pulled on it.  Just like the box we couldn't get it open. Climbing over the fence wasn't an option either since it was covered in barbed wire. 

"We're stuck!" 

"Thanks Peter, glad to know that." 

"Well Egon, do you have a plan." 

"I think the best bet for now would be to just listen to the general ghost and hope that we don't die." The others groaned at that, looking about ready to pass out just from thinking about it. 

"It's not that bad," I told them. "Sure he thinks I'm a guy and the jumpsuit isn't really helping the matter that I'm not, but it's not that bad. Twenty push ups are nothing." 

"Says the girl who can bench lift what I'm sure is double her weight," Winston grumbled. "We aren't really fit like you." 

"I know that," I laughed a bit. "I've known you guys for about two years now. I've known Egon much longer than that too. And don't worry, I've got a plan to keep you all from dying and for us to get our packs back." 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro