5: Dana Barret

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Trust me, you'll love Dana, Nat," Peter told me, a goofy smile on his face. It's been two days since we had our little talk with Gozer. We were getting everything in order to be prepared for an attack from the god. Right now Peter and I were on our way to go visit Dana and make sure she is fine. Don't ask me how it ended up being just Peter and I. I have no clue.

Ray and Egon were busy working on the unit and I think Winston was working on seeing if the building had been repaired from the last attack from our ever loving god. So that left Peter and I to be Dana's knights. Louis was currently out of town at the moment. Plus he does work with us on our taxes and such so it's not that hard to find him. Should be back by the end of the month so we weren't too worried about him. 

"Here we are!" Peter called out, breaking my train of thoughts. "I haven't seen Dana in so long. Not after she got back together with little Oscar's dad anyway."

"I wonder why," I said, fixing my skirt. Egon demanded that I looked 'professional' for this meeting. I swear I ought to strangle him with his own tie for making me wear this. I don't like wearing skirts or dresses. Makes it hard to run away from ghosts. Yes that is why I don't like wearing them. Hey, if you had my job, you would understand.

We walked into the building, going up to Dana's apartment. We had called ahead to let her know that we were coming so it wouldn't be a surprise. Peter was the one who knocked on the door, a large smile on his face. I got rid of the smile when I heard footsteps on the other side of the door. A nicely placed elbow to the ribs was all it took. The door opened and I looked at the woman who answered it. She had dirty blonde hair that was very curly. Her blue eyes looked at Peter, than at me. In her hands was a two year old boy that I was assuming was Oscar. He looked very much like the woman that was holding him.

"Peter," the woman said, sounding surprised. "I would have thought Egon or Ray would have come instead when I got your call."

"No, Ray and Egon are too busy working away on the unit," Peter mumbled out. Oh boy.

"Well it's great to see you again," she told him before turning to me. "I don't think we have meant before. I'm Dana Barret."

"Dr. Natalie Spengler," I introduced myself, shacking Dana's hand. "So you're the first ever client the guys had."

"Yes I am," she chuckled a little. "Spengler... are you related to Egon? You look just like him."

"I'm his twin sister," I answered with a smile.

"Well I shouldn't keep you two out in the hall," she said, stepping to the side so we could enter. "Twin sister. I never knew Egon had a sister, let alone a twin."

"Egon seemed to not want to tell anyone about her," Peter laughed. "What did you do to make him not want to speak about you Nat?"

"You'll have to ask him that," I answered, starting to wonder the same thing myself. "Knowing him it was probably that no one asked so he didn't bring it up."

"Sounds about right," Dana laughed, placing Oscar into a chair. "I'm glad to see that you all are doing well. So what is this about? I've never known you four- well five now it seems- to just drop by to visit. Is something wrong?" 

"Yes," I told her. "I think it'll be best if you sit down for this." Once I saw that Dana was in a chair and wasn't going to faint on the floor I took a deep breath. "Gozer is coming back to Earth some time. We wanted to make sure that when they do that you nor Louis are going to be targets. That's why Egon and Ray didn't stop by." 

"Gozer... I haven't heard that name in a long time," Dana mumbled, looking at us. "I never thought they would come back after what happened. I'm guessing that you all plan on keeping an eye on me now, aren't you?" 

"Yes we are," Peter told her. "I promise that you won't be hurt anymore. Ghost need to leave you alone and let you live a happy life with Oscar and your husband."

"That would be nice. Is there anything else you two need?" 

"Not that I know of," I answered, smiling at her. "And I promise that we will do everything in our power to keep you and your family safe. And if something happens we'll make sure that you can go back to this happy life." 

"That's all I can ask for," Dana chuckles. 

"Now we have to be off." Peter took her hand and squeezed her hand. "Egon and Ray will kill us if we don't head back sooner or later. We don't want to be away from each other for too long. It would make Gozer's job way too easy." 

Dana nodded and showed us to the door. We said our goodbyes and walked off. The ride down the elevator was quiet, leaving me in my own thoughts. Dana did seem like a nice woman. I really did hope nothing too bad happened to her. After all that would be a terrible fate to have so many things happen right after another. 

I was also worried about what fighting Gozer would be like. The guys nearly died the time they fought Gozer. I didn't want to know what they would be like. This time they had much more information about us. They knew a lot about us. It was a scary thought that we may not win this time. Yet we had to. We had to win no matter what. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro