Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Annika nervously bit her lip, her hold on Shivaay's hand tightened when they had stood waiting for someone to open the front door. She was tapping her foot onto the ground continuously, and Shivaay did not miss it. He only knew one thing, that his family wasn't going to hate her, never. And when the door opened after several seconds, Annika had slightly jumped in her place, cursing herself internally for doing so. 

Annika's eyes met with the face of Jhanvi who was now giving her one wide smile. Annika gave back a nervous smile, unsure of what to do and what not to. Shivaay placed his hand at her back, pushing her forward so that she could take a hint and move inside. "Come on in" Hearing Jhanvi's calm voice, Annika knew that she was certainly not disliked by her. 

When she stepped inside, she was met with several other eyes, her nervousness grew but she shoved it behind by giving everyone a small smile. Shivaay's hand now was intertwined with her, drawing small circles at the back of her palm and assuring her that he was next to him.

The first one to approach her was Kalyani who was beaming with happiness as her wide smile was plastered over her face. Annika was caught off guard when Dadi had wrapped her arms around her. She relaxed against her warm hands, a smile spreading on her lips. "Thank you for coming beta" Kalyani spoke while releasing from the hug and all Annika could do was shyly look down. 

And then before she knew what was happening, Pinky had engulfed her in a tight hug. Annika's heart stopped beating for some seconds but she hugged Pinky back. It was really a surprise to her that Pinky wasn't angry at her for making her beta runaway from his own wedding. But here she was, hugging her like she had no grudge against her. "Pinky aunty, I am sorry"

"What? Why are you apologizing?"

"Annika, it is his fault here, don't you think? He should have asked you out before he even decided to marry Tia but I guess his huge ego was coming in his way. You need to need to apologize" Pinky glared at Shivaay while she gave Annika a big smile. This made Shivaay roll his eyes, it seemed more like they were happy to see Annika more than him. Because yesterday, they all weren't smiling so widely to see him. 

Annika was soon engulfed into lots of hugs, she was overwhelmed to find everyone giving her one huge smile and talking to her so softly. Something shifted inside her, she was in awe of the whole family and the way they were treating her. A kind of family she was always deprived of and she could only meet them because of him, because of Shivaay. 

When she looked at him, she could see the way his lips curled up to give her an assuring smile, this man was everything to her and she was ready to spend her rest of life with him. With a shy smile on her face, she focused her attention back at Pinky's words who was talking about how Billu was an idiot from the very start. Annika laughed when she mentioned the letter and his words written in it. 

Shivaay rolled his eyes, looking back, he did not regret leaving behind that letter, he would never be. That was what he needed to do and the right thing he felt was running away from his own wedding. How was he supposed to not when the only person his heart fluttered was not the one he was getting married to? 

"Shadi ki date jaldi fix karenge. Don't worry you two" Pinky exclaimed with a chuckled and Shivaay's gaze shifted towards Annika who was lost in her own thoughts. He did not wanted to pressurize this on her, marriage was a big thing and he was well aware of that when he was just about to get married. 

Annika in return gave Pinky a huge smile and tugged her hair strand behind. Pinky ran her hand over her head, and Annika's eyes softened, she had never been loved this way, no one ever lovingly ran their hand over her head nor gave her a proud pat on her back when she did something right. 

Annika blinked her eyes, trying her best to not bawl in front of the whole family so she moved ahead and engulfed Pinky in a tight hug. At that Pinky rubbed her back with a smile, her eyes moving up to see Shivaay watching the two of them with softened eyes. He couldn't help but smile, Annika deserved every warmth in this world and seeing his mother and Anniks bond so well, it felt surreal to him. 

After an hour of sitting there and chatting with Oberois, Annika was sure that she was no more nervous to face him. They admired her and it could be clearly seen in their eyes and the soft words they spoke to her. Shivaay sat next to Annika, his one hand over her shoulder, they teased him and all Shivaay did was chuckled whilst Annika's cheek turned red. 

"Annika didi, can I call you Bhabhi, now?" Rudra asked with a pout and Annika giggled before nodding her head, Shivaay was probably not expecting her to agree to that. So what did that mean? He wanted to ask but not right now, maybe later, when the both would be left alone. 

"So, now that you all are done, can I take her to my room" Shivaay was still mad at the fact that they all seemed to be so happy to see Annika rather than him. 

"Bhaiya, we know, you are jealous, we love you too" Annika bit her bottom lip, trying to control her laughter. Shivaay narrowed his eyes at Rudra who was now muttering incoherent words under his breath. Omkara broke the silence by laughing out loud and the other family members followed. Shivaay's cheeks turned red with embarrassment. 

Annika pulled his cheek lightly and Shivaay frowned, rolling his eyes as he caught hold of her wrist which was pulling his cheek. "If you all are done, I am taking Annika to my room" Shivaay announced, getting up and making her get up too in the process. Annika gave everyone a smile before Shivaay started to drag her towards the room, when they heard Rudra shout "Don't do something I wouldn't do" Shivaay had to groan at that, he would have turned around and smacked his head but he had no literal patience. 

Annika watched him close the door behind her, she looked into his room and her heart started to beat faster. This room did not change a bit, she couldn't understand how much of their relationship had changed, from fighting with each other to falling for each other, Annika smiled thinking about it. She never imagined a day would come when she would be his girlfriend and supposedly his fiànce. 

Shivaay snaked his arms around her waist, resting his chin at her shoulder from behind, swaying her from side to side slowly. "Well, aren't you in a good mood today?"

"Only because I get to see you alone, in my room" Shivaay parted her hair, her bare neck now visible in front of his eyes. Annika closed her eyes when she felt his lips touch her skin, igniting her skin in fire. Shivaay chuckled when he felt her hands clutching his hands tightly. "Are you really wanting to marry me? Are you ready to spend your rest of your life with me?" Shivaay breathed out, his warm breath caressing her skin. 

Annika concentrated on his question, she felt butterflies erupt in her stomach when she pictured them together, married. She would get to see him when she woke up, have him close to her every time, kiss my anytime, nothing in between them. She was in a dilemma some days ago if she ever wanted to marry but now, she was pretty sure he was the perfect human being and a boyfriend. Her heart would thump loudly against her chest every time she saw him, the way he looked at her and his intimate touch, all made her stomach tangle. 

Annika hasn't realized how much she had fallen for him in such a short span of time. She turned around, throwing her arms around his shoulder, bringing him closer. "Why do you love me?" She asked, her voice dead serious. Shivaay pondered over that question before his lips curled into a smile.  

"Because you, Annika, is a perfect human being. I love you because you annoy me. I love you because you fight with me. I love you because you make me crave for you. I love you because I love seeing you smile. I love you because my heart smiles when I see you. I love you because I can't think of anything other than you. I love you because I can open up to you. I love you because you understand me like none other. I love you because I can't get over the way you touch me. I love you because, Annika, you give me a reason to live. I love you" 

Annika gulped down, tears threatening to fall down her eyes and she let them, she hugged him tightly. No one had ever made her feel this way, so special, so warm. She never wanted to let him go, not now, never. Shivaay ran his fingers through her through, calming her down. He certainly didn't plan on making her cry, now his heart pained seeing tears spill.  

"Shivaay" He hummed at that, his hands clutching her waist tightly, she sounded calm now. Annika stayed like that, her head resting on his shoulder, this felt like home to her, in his arms.  

"I love you" 

━━━━

Sorry for ending it here. But I hope you all enjoyed this chapter (:

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro