~ 5 ~

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Aww shit, you've got to be kidding me".

My sudden annoyance easily catches Yoongi's attention even though he's currently all the way across the house, and he doesn't waste a second in hurrying over when I hear him knock on my bedroom's door a couple of seconds later.

"Everything alright in there?" he asks with concern on his face, his nerves standing on edge as he waits for an answer. It's been a whole day since we came back from the park after our fight and a part of him is still worried that it perhaps wasn't fully resolved despite our talk.

He'd honestly rather know instead of being left in the dark if that were true, but he also knows that this is just his anxiety speaking. It keeps coming up with endless scenarios of what ifs, a side effect of caring too much, so he's trying really hard to see things as they really are instead of how they might be.

I try to stretch my arm to the floor so I can grab my phone, and the cracked screen is indeed there when I raise it, just like I thought. I sigh.

"Damn it. I- yeah, I'm fine, Yoongi. It's just my phone. I dropped it and the screen broke" I grumble unhappily as I open the door to see him standing awkwardly on the other side like a sim character. I would've laughed for sure if the harmless incident wasn't so bothersome.

I show him my device and watch as he takes in the damage done, relief settling in his posture when he gets to cross out a few of the worst scenarios.

"Oh wow. Did you throw it against the wall?".

I grimace before exiting my bedroom, and he follows after me with a light grin on his face.

"No. It just fell at a weird angle when I removed the cover to clean up the dirt. Should've left it dirty, stupid thing. Do you know if there's a repair shop not too far from here? I can't leave it in this state" I ask him with the intention of going now, there must be a place that's opened during the weekend, right?

He scratches the back of his neck. "Uh. I actually have some spare screens left from when I was still practicing on dead phones as a hobby. I've got one for your model so... I could repair it for you, if you want".

I stare at him, surprised, and yet it also feels natural to hear that he can do that too.

"You really can do everything, can't you?" I let out in amazement, to which he shrugs shyly with a hand rubbing his nape in embarrassment. He's not used to the praise, it feels strange to hear.

"I learned to depend only on myself at a young age, it felt right to learn as much as I could so I wouldn't be stuck not knowing what to do in various situations" he explains bashfully, words that make sense considering his past.

"I guess you're right. You're like a... a superhuman, nothing can stop you" I blurt out with genuine praise, and he starts to laugh in response, cheeks pink with delight as he observes me with a happy glint in his eyes.

"And it all led to this moment. Now I'm fixing your problems too" he muses lightly, like this is the best thing to have ever happened to him. Who is he kidding? It really is, he would be lying if he denied it, it feels good to be needed.

"Yeah... I- I can pay you for that. I don't want you to feel like you have to help me for everything just because you're my caregiver, it's bad enough that I'm not giving you a salary" I mumble with pursed lips and a frown, it feels like I'm just taking advantage of him now and it's making me uncomfortable.

"Nonsense. Your salary to me is a place to live and food to eat, that's more than enough. Just consider my help as thanks for the crystal kitten, no need to pay for anything" he assures me with a stubborn wave of the hand, and I pinch my lips into a small, shy smile.

"If you're sure... thanks, Yoongi".

He smiles back warmly.

"It's my pleasure. Let's get started now, shall we? Let me just go get my stuff first, I'll be back in a minute".

---

Yoongi pushes his glasses up his nose to have a better sight of what he's doing as he uses tiny tools to open my phone and I observe from the side, trusting him with this job because seeing all those minuscule little pieces on the table is nothing I could deal with myself.

I'm too clumsy, I'd lose all of them within five minutes.

"I didn't know you needed glasses" I eventually let out when he pushes on his glasses for the hundredth time since he put them on, brows furrowing when they slide again, and he glances at me before lowering his gaze back on my phone.

"I should actually wear them a lot more often than I actually do. I'm not a big fan because it's annoying, but they're helpful when I need to deal with tiny details like this" he answers with a husk to his voice that makes me feel strange butterflies in my stomach.

I can't lie to myself - he looks really good like this. He's always handsome, of course, but with glasses?

Damn.

"I see. You should definitely wear them more often then" I blurt out way too confidently, which takes my own self by surprise, and it's too late to take that back when he pauses working to stare at me another time.

His hair falls over his face in such a sexy way at the moment that I feel my face heat up when his dark eyes take me in silently, and I clear my throat nervously before looking down. "It's just... they look good on you, that's all I meant".

He hums, and I miss the proud smirk that stretches his lips.

"Is that so? Maybe I will wear them more often, then".

I bite on my lips before daring another look up again, and I inwardly sigh when I find him working on my phone with a concentration that I can't match right now. Why the heck am I feeling so shy all of a sudden? It's so awkward!

"Your camera seems to be broken too, but I don't think I've got what it takes to repair it".

I lean closer to him so I can have a look at what he pointed out, and the smell of clean clothes and something sweet fills his nose - he inhales deeply before he can realize how creepy that is, and he blinks quickly before trying to focus on the matter at hand, his heart stuttering in his chest.

"Oh, you're right. Well... it doesn't really matter, I never take any pictures anyway. Just leave it, as long as the screen works, that's all I need".

He nods slowly, and he feels a little disappointed when I pull back from him. He tries to shrug it off as nothing, but he can't ignore how this feeling seems to keep getting stronger as we spend time together, which is almost all the time.

He wasn't sure what to expect from living full-time with someone else like this, but getting a crush on me wasn't particularly part of the plan, though he should've seen it coming. It's not everyday that he gets to connect so deeply with another person, and he cherishes that connection dearly.

Not to forget that a hope can only grow when he knows that we're both without mates, something that would normally stop him. The regular rules don't apply here - he's got nothing to lose from trying to win my heart - other than disappointment, that is.

Even if it means wearing those damned glasses all the time like he's meant to do.

"Say... after this, why don't we do something together?" he hesitantly asks while grabbing the new screen to place over my phone. "We could go out for dinner, or maybe go to the cinema, there are new movies worth seeing these days. We could do both. If you want".

I stare at Yoongi, expecting for him to laugh and say that he's joking, but when he meets my gaze with a serious and honest look on his face at my silence, I feel myself blush the slightest bit. Does he really mean that?

"We... uh... we can do that, yeah. Sure".

He doesn't react immediately, instead looking stunned that I accepted so easily, that he didn't need to come up with another activity that would've interested me more - whatever that was going to be - and a small blush coats his cheeks too as we shyly glance at one another.

"Yeah? Cool, that's great, I'll look into where we could go once I'm done here. I'm the one inviting so... don't worry about a thing, I'll take care of everything" he states with a voice that says - don't take this away from me - and my heart flutters as I agree with a soft noise.

"I'll go take a shower then... should I dress casually? Is this casual?" I ask after a bit, and he bites on his bottom lip before inhaling deeply, eyes sheepish as he anticipates my reaction.

"Can it be more like... a date?".

My soul swoons, my magick does little ice hearts in the space separating us, and though we're both scarlet red by now, it also feels... right, like this was always meant to be.

"Of course, Yoongi. A date sounds amazing".

His eyes crease into crescent moons, cheeks round from a smile badly contained, and it makes him look beautifully adorable, even with the glasses. This is going so much better than he saw coming and he would definitely start dancing if I wasn't still watching him.

"I'll ... see you later then" I utter softly before going back towards my bedroom to find something pretty to wear, his adoring gaze following me until I can't be seen anymore.

"Right... that went well. Really well".

---

It feels different this time when Yoongi helps me into, then out of the car once at our destination.

It feels as if his touch is lingering as he gently settles me back on my wheelchair, warm and safe over my skin, nothing at all like that night when Hoseok had given me a ride back home and Yoongi came over nearly running to take over.

"Let me, please" he murmurs when it comes to pulling my feet over the footrests, and I can't seem to deny him anything when he looks at me like that, how could I?

Carefully, he makes sure I'm as comfortable as possible, both in the way I look and feel, and I smooth out the skirt of my dress as he stands tall in front of me, warm all over from how new all of this is, though it's also very nice.

I just never expected to feel that way because of my caregiver.

I look around me curiously to see the place he made a reservation at, and I'm very surprised when I find a luxurious but not over the top restaurant with a name that was on everyone's lips when it first opened all those years ago, the body of water spreading at the back - a sight to behold.

My parents thought about coming here once back then, but ended up changing their mind when they saw that it wasn't ranked at least four stars like they usually went for, and that the cook wasn't even renowned, which was unacceptable due to their grandiose standards.

Apparently, one Michelin star for a twenty years old young man wasn't anything to be impressed over, not even with the large terrace that opened to the nearby dock and its beautiful boats, fairy lights circling the space and giving it a cozy and dreamy atmosphere.

That was around ten years ago though, and I heard that the place has only improved since then, going as far as earning another star for the food quality and dining experience.

"We're dining here, Yoongi?" I ask him with a surprised face as I glance back at him. I would never have guessed that he would be the one to bring me here one day.

He hums before looking up at the building in his handsome black suit and slicked back hair, a look that fits him perfectly - he looks completely different from when he dresses in his everyday clothes and I am loving both, though this makes him look particularly dashing.

I heard once from my father when I was much younger that every young man should, at all time, have at least one suit that's tailored to their size for when the situation arises, and it seems that this witch has been taking this seriously as well.

"I always wanted to try eating here one day, but coming alone would've been embarrassing so I eventually gave up on the idea. I thought it would make for a perfect first date, but we can go somewhere else if you're uncomfortable here".

I shake my head, hearing that being here is accomplishing a dream of his changes my entire perspective, even if the food here must be very expensive.

"Here is good, don't worry. I'm curious now, I didn't know you were the type to like such a fancy place" I tease him a little as we begin to near the entrance, and he smiles with a chuckle before shrugging softly.

"Blame that on my fancy side, I do like some luxury when I can afford it. Being accompanied by a beautiful person such as you makes the experience that much more enjoyable, so I thank you for coming with me" he answers smoothly, causing me to blush, and he opens the door so I can enter first.

His musky perfume follows me as we make it to the front desk of the dimly lighted room, and someone greets us with a perfect smile that allows through not a single hint of judgement, which I appreciate, no matter how fake it may be.

"Good evening and welcome to Jin's. Do we have a reservation for tonight?" they ask with a calm voice as they eye the both of us, and Yoongi nods as he makes one step forward.

"Yes, for Min Yoongi and Seo Y/N, I called a few hours ago?".

"Min Yoongi and Seo Y/N... yes, I see it here. And the notes... alright, it seems everything is ready for you, If you would please follow me".

Yoongi takes over pushing my chair when we both see how narrow the space is, and we follow right behind the witch who leads the way at a slower pace than they'd usually use - I know that because we're not left behind despite having to carefully fit between each tables organized in an elegant pattern.

We finally make it to a large opening in the back wall that leads to the terrace, and to my biggest surprise, I find that not a single soul currently sits here. How could there be, when there is nothing here if not for one single table occupying what looks like a fairy tale universe?

The round table rests in the very middle of the nicely decorated terrace, allowing for plenty of space all around it, and there are even flower petals dusting the surface of the wooden floor along with a bouquet of fresh flowers sitting on the table.

The host bows when seeing our shocked expressions.

"When hearing of your reservation, the restaurant's owner demanded that you are given the entire terrace for privacy and that it is made as perfect as possible. He sadly could not be here himself, but he hopes you have a lovely evening here. Your server will be here shortly to take care of the service".

On that note, they exit the outside terrace, leaving Yoongi and I alone with gaping mouths.

"I- I'm confused" he eventually utters softly as we're left to process this on our own, it's obvious that he could never have planned such a thing so last minute, and something feels strange about what the host said.

"Me too... they said that the owner did this for us? Why? Do you think he got the wrong people?" I ask him nervously while looking over my shoulder. "What if we make ourselves comfortable only to find out that this was never meant for us?".

Yoongi scratches the back of his neck.

"Well... what are the chances of having another duo with our exact full names? I don't know what's going on but... let's enjoy the special treatment for now, it might never happen again and it would be a shame to waste it".

He shows a comforting smile when seeing that I'm not yet convinced, then gently pushes my chair to the table before locking the brakes for me. "Everything's fine, Y/N, let's enjoy our time here, then we can end with our movie as planned. Let this be a good memory to look back to fondly".

Feeling utterly spoiled and cherished by the man who's showing me such a soft and caring attention tonight, I slowly nod my head before watching as he goes to sit in front of me with a pleased smile on his face.

For some reason, it feels like fate is on his side tonight and he doesn't want to waste the opportunity for a romantic experience with me, not when we can have such a peaceful atmosphere with the water creating music for our ears only.

We gaze at one another, and a small giggle leaves us as giddiness finally replaces the initial unease.

Maybe it would be okay to enjoy this after all.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro