34. Beyond help

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Oh God! Why is it raining already?! It was raining last night too," Natsuki paced around the train compartment, their secret meeting place, where Fumiya told her to go.

"It's good, I got here in time or I would have been drenched." she was talking to herself as if it was the most normal thing to do. Well, it wasn't too bad.

She shivered at the sudden chilling waft of air as it gushed past her.

Just where the heck was Fumiya? He told her to wait for him, but now he was nowhere to be found.

"Did he forget about me?" she dramatically clutched her forehead and sat down. Just then, she heard footsteps approaching.

She got up, thinking that it must be Fumiya and got ready to scold him as soon as he entered inside.

"You finally decided to- huh?" as soon as she caught the sight of the running figure, she realised that it wasn't Fumiya.

"Yukio?!" her panicked state was an understatement as she looked at him with wide eyes.

She should have known, this was going to happen when Fumiya was planning something in his head.

It was raining, the soil was muddy as Taehyung tried his best not to fall face first on the ground and run to the cabin as soon as possible.

The sky was a beautiful gray colour, dark clouds decorated it as they rumbled, rain pouring down, meeting with the soil. The frogs croaked, filling the atmosphere with noise as it clashed with the peaceful sound of rain.

The flowers all looked delighted, as if they were happy to be showering in the rain. The leaves danced as the droplets hit them, a little bit of force couldn't hurt them.

In this weather, Taehyung was running to get a shelter from the rain as soon as possible. He wouldn't have minded being in the rain, if it wasn't for the school uniform he was wearing. He didn't want to get it wet or ruined with muddy water. It kind of already was ruined a little though!

"Yukio? What are you doing here?" Natsuki asked him as he ran inside, looking a little tired. He probably ran all the way here.

"Woah, you're completely drenched." she continued, giving him some time to breathe as she watched him.

"Why are you here, Natsuki?" instead of answering, he asked her back.

He ruffled his hair, tiny water droplets flying everywhere around him, splashing Natsuki who got surprised but secretly liked it, and to cover it up, she decided to answer his question.

"Fumiya-kun was supposed to be here but seems like he stood me up," she complained, crossing her hands in front of her chest.

"Oh? He told me to come here too, but didn't say anything else." he looked out the door, sighing.

"It sounds suspicious." she nodded her head, eyes traveling on Taehyung's clothes which were drenched, "um, Yukio, you'll get sick again if you stay like this."

In all of this, she totally failed to realise that Fumiya planned this intentionally and it wasn't just suspicious but very obvious what he was trying to do.

Taehyung smiled sheepishly, looking at his clothes, "I think I'll be fine,"

"But I'm worried," her eyes scanned his face with worry and then she started fumbling through her bag that she brought with her.

Taehyung just observed her actions, patiently waiting for her to speak.

"I've got a small towel," she said with a smile, "here, I'll help you."

"It's alr-"

"It's not if you get sick again because of this," she put the bag aside, beginning to wipe the water drops off his face, gently dabbing the cloth on his cheeks. She then slowly trailed down, wiping his neck, and didn't realise that her hand was holding onto one of his wrists for support.

Once she was done with it, her eyes went to his hair. Drying the hair was the most crucial if she wanted to prevent him from falling ill. Although she wasn't too short, it was still uncomfortable if she just stood straight, so she had to get on her tiptoes.

"It's okay, I'll do it, Suki." he saw her struggling and offered help but it backfired.

"Yukio," she stopped, looking at him in silence, "are you lookin down on my height? I can do it just fine." the competitive spirit in her heart was awaken.

"I- I didn't mean that, but you're clearly struggling-"

"Struggling?!" she scoffed and grabbed his collar, yanking him down so his face was right in front of hers.

In the high spirits, she did what she did, but now she was kind of regretting acting all cool. But did she have a choice to back down? No.

"Stay still," she didn't have to speak loudly, he was right in front of her as she quickly put the towel on his head, gently rubbing the hair with care.

Taehyung didn't say anything in response, which was bugging her. The atmosphere was already calm and now it was even quiet because he was silent.

"Y-your hair is really, kind of, soft and fluffy- I mean, they're pretty.." she wanted to slap herself across the mouth for making it sound even more awkward, but could only mutter, "what the hell is wrong with me?"

She wasn't expecting it, but Taehyung only chuckled at her silly words. His face was hidden behind the towel, so she couldn't see his expressions. She was thankful though! If not for the towel blocking his view, he would have seen her blushing red ears. She continued drying his hair anyways.

"Is it done?" he asked after a while, startling her.

"Eh? Oh, yes." she quickly retrieved her hand but was stopped by Taehyung.

"Are you just going to let go?" he asked in a small voice, removing the cloth from his face.

"Eh?" she was confused, but not completely clueless.

"You said they're fluffy," he spoke softly as he guided her hands back on his hair, this time, without the towel so she could actually feel how soft his hair were.

"They are," she replied, gulping the hesitation down her throat and ran her hand through his hair, stopping at the small of his nape, at the back of his head.

"Do you like them?" he asked again, in the softest voice possible.

Now, I want you to imagine how a person with a really attractive, deep voice sounds when they speak softly. It complimented the heavy air around them, mixing perfectly with the sound of rain in the background.

It would have made her knees go weak if it wasn't for her hands still being in the paradise that was Taehyung's hair.

Natsuki forgot that she had to answer to his question and just stared at him with hazy eyes.

"I like your eyes,"

She was taken aback and it was as obvious as Taehyung's flirting.

Her eyes, they sparkled everytime she talked about the things she loved, or when she smiled and it reached all the way to her eyes as they twinkled with pure joy. Those eyes, which were always honest and reflected her innocence, they brimmed with emotions, giving away exactly what she was feeling. Just like how just now, her eyes made it obvious that she was surprised.

Taehyung couldn't help but smile widely at her reaction, "why, don't you believe me?"

"W-what? No, I do," her face lit up with a shy smile, an expression that Taehyung hadn't seen much on her face. It was too much for her, she had to look away.

"Good, now that you know," he ruffled her hair, "don't look away so often."

What had gotten into Taehyung today? That's what she thought. After he basically rejected her, he acts all flirty?

She wasn't going to back down so easily. How could she forget what happened that morning?!

"Uh, the rain is just not stopping today, is it?" she chuckled out of nervousness and changed the topic, moving away from him to gaze outside at the sky.

Taehyung hummed in response, standing right next to her.

Oh, god! Why is he standing so close? Her brain literally screamed internally but she didn't move her body away. Although she wanted to avoid him, she just couldn't.

"Shouldn't we call Fumiya-kun?" Taehyung suggested suddenly.

"Um, we better not."

"Eh? Why?"

"Uh, you see.. uhm, he is busy talking to someone now a days, besides, I will give him a nice scolding once I see him tomorrow at school. If we see him today, I can't scold too much, you know what I mean?" she laughed, trying to make her unnecessary extended answer seem normal.

"Oh? It makes sense," he chuckled.

Natsuki knew that it made zero sense.

"Right,"

It was getting awkward again. She glanced at him, but he seemed to be doing just fine, looking out at the rain with a smile. Why was he so unfazed? Always!?

Earlier, about the kiss at the Ryokan, she seemed to be the only one who was overthinking about it and now this! Was he just really good at ignoring the awkward silence or was he plainly too dumb to notice it?

There was no way! He wasn't dumb at all.

Then why?! She was getting pissed off now.

"Yukio," her words slipped out before she could stop them.

"Hm?" he replied almost immediately, looking at her attentively.

Even at a time like this, Natsuki found his reaction attractive. She was already beyond help!

"Do you have any plans for this weekend?" she asked without hesitation despite being captivated by his charms.

■□■□
Vote and comment please! <3

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro