6. Ta-da! Fireworks!

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Yukio!!" Natsuki screams, standing with a hat in her hands, just outside of his house.

"Come out now, we're going to be late." She screams again.

She is wearing a white t-shirt with light yellow and blue, small flowers printed on it matching it with faded shorts and some flip-flops. She has already called taehyung earlier this morning to talk about the hangout plan in the evening, so according to her, he should be ready and out now.

"What is taking him so long?" She mumbles, putting the hat back on her head. It was evening already but the sun was still bright.

"I'm here. Good evening, natsuki-chan." Taehyung greets her as he steps outside adorning a lose coffee colored shirt with shorts that reaches his knees.

"We're late now." Natsuki speaks but suddenly stops, saying, "what?" She looks at him sharply.

"What?" Taehyung is genuinely confused.

"Why are you also calling me like that now? I call you only by your name, don't I?" She says.

"Yeah, but, what's wrong with that?" He asks.

"Um, nothing much, it's just.... actually nevermind." She casually shrugs it off.

"I'll call you natsuki only, okay?" He says, shaking his head and they start walking.

"Where exactly are we going again?" He asks, glancing at her, walking side by side.

"To the park near the school." She answers and he nods.

"It's not too far." She adds, looking at his face and he nods again.

The road is rather lively in the evening. Some people taking their dog out for a walk, some coming back from their workplace. Or some are just people like natsuki and taehyung who is going to hang out with their friends.

They walk past many households and some playgrounds. Taehyung looks at the kids playing baseball in the playground as their screams and loud voices of cheers reach his ears as a loud echo. The cats though, as always, keep roaming around the streets and trees.

Taehyung has got used to the atmosphere of Japan. Even more, he likes the weather everyday. He enjoys silent afternoons, sitting at the porch of his house, looking at the waves of ocean or just staring at the ripples in the water. He loves it all; he is a calm loving person.

On their way, there is a railway crossing so it is a little bit noisy, compared to the peaceful streets.

"I told you to get ready early. Now, see! We're stuck here till the train arrives." Natsuki sighs as she looks at him.

"Oh, it's just some minutes. We can wait." He says, looking around with a smile.

"Why... are you always smiling?" Natsuki suddenly says, glancing at him. Her gaze, at her feet, not looking up to meet his eyes while taehyung looks at her because of her question.

The railway signal lights blink, the red glowing light constantly appearing and disappearing as the sound of train can be heard, far away in the distance. It's slowly getting closer.

"You don't like it?" He asks, still smiling.

His voice is a little muffled because of the loud screech of train and the train whistle ringing in their ears.

Natsuki looks back at him, "I... I didn't say that." She looks away again.

The train goes by, whistling still, making the same screeching sound as taehyung's eyes divert back to the moving train in front of him. It finally goes away, the noise gradually subsiding and the silence overpowers again.

He doesn't speak, just keeps looking ahead of him, waiting for the barriers to open again.

Once the barriers are open, they start walking again.

"It's just around here." She points at the next turning of the road barely 200 meters away.

"Hey, good evening, suki-chan and yukio-kun." Fumiya greets them, waving his hand in the air when he sees them entering the park.

"Good evening." They both say, somehow in unison.

"Let me introduce you." Fumiya says, getting all excited.

Taehyung looks at the other two people who were standing beside him silently all this time. One of them is really tall, his face has sharp features which makes him look really handsome. The other one is shorter than him, his hair is beautiful silver colored; it suits him so well. He looks really fresh and lively because of his cute face.

"This is Haruki." He says, pointing at the tall one. Haruki smiles as his lips curl up and a little dent shows up on his left cheek; a very cute dimple.

"Nice to meet you, Yukio-kun." He says, as taehyung greets him back.

"And this, here, is Aki." Fumiya points at the short one, who smiles which makes him look even more adorable. They exchange their greetings.

"Aki-kun, you don't look Japanese..." Taehyung trails off as he looks closely at aki, who laughs.

"I'm Korean as well." He says.

"Woah! What's your Korean name?" Taehyung is so excited to meet someone from korea.

Natauki steals a glance at taehyung, who is busy being all happy. When he smiles ear to ear, the way his mouth forms a square shape is so fascinating to her eyes.

"Park Jimin. And you?" He says, while everyone is just looking at them talking.

"Kim Taehyung." He says.

"It feels really good to meet someone from our country." Jimin says, suddenly hugging him which takes him by surprise but taehyung is so happy that he hugs him back without hesitation.

While they're talking happily, "suki-chan, don't you think we're more friends with korean people than japanese so far?" Haruki whispers as taehyung and jimin are busy talking in the background.

"I know right? First we met aki-kun, then yukio. And do you remember that one boy who came to our school only for a year... what was his name again?" She says in a low voice.

"Oh, the cat guy? The one who was really pale that we took him to doctor?" Haruki replies with questions.

"His name was Yoongi, you dumbass." Fumiya suddenly smacks his head earning a gasp from natsuki.

"Stop cursing, fumiya-kun." She scolds him but he shrugs it off.

"Are you guys done talking? We need to go somewhere else too, you know?" Natsuki interrupts taehyung and jimin's happy talk.

"Oh, sorry I got carried away." Jimin says and focuses on the others.

"Where are we going?" Taehyung asks.

Fumiya smirks, like he is in some type of movie shooting set. "Ta-da!" He says loudly, picking up a plastic bag from the nearby bench.

"Fireworks!!" He yells. Everyone looks at him in silence; but then they all start cheering too making him laugh.

Taehyung joins them with smiling face and they all walk out of the park, heading towards the main street.

They all, five of them, walk down the street that leads to the opening of seashore. They didn't realise the time while talking and now it has gotten really late, so the sun is almost set.

The clouds, colored in orange patches here and there as the birds fly around above their heads. Taehyung even sees one or two fireflies twinkling around in the little grassy patch of ground near the park.

They walk past various houses and reach the ocean. When their feet makes contact with the sand, the feeling is unsaid but felt deep inside their heart; the feeling of joy.

As they keep walking, the sand gradually starts to get moisten and the sound of waves get more and more prominent.

The air feels heavy with the apparent aroma of salt and ocean water in the air. It's refreshing how just being there, near the ocean, can make one feel relaxed.

Taehyung feels at ease as he fills his lungs with air, taking a deep breath and closes his eyes. It's the feeling of being free. Free into the open wild.

"Let's light the small ones first." Fumiya puts down the plastic bag on the ground and turns to look at everyone. "Who wants the sparklers?" He asks enthusiastically, pulling out the pack of sparklers.

"Me, of course!" Natsuki says, raising her hand up.

"Me too." Taehyung says, his voice small so as the smile on his face.

"Don't you want big ones? Like rockets or something?" Jimin asks him.

"I'll watch you guys play. I want to sit down and relax." He says and everyone nods.

Natsuki takes the pack of sparklers from fumiya and walks a little far away from them as the three of them, fumiya, Haruki and jimin start looking through the bag full of fireworks.

Taehyung follows Natsuki and sits down on the big rock they find a little far from the others. Natsuki mirrors his actions, sitting on the rock next to him.

"Did you bring the lighter?" Natsuki suddenly asks with surprise visible on her face.

"Uh, I didn't know about all this." Taehyung says.

"I knew it. That's why I brought one with me." She rolls her eyes playfully and fishes out a small lighter from her pocket.

Taehyung shakes his head with a sigh but his lips are tugged up in a subtle smile.

"Which colour would you like...?" Natsuki murmurs, looking through the different colored sparklers.

"Hm... maybe, yellow?" He says and natsuki hands him the yellow one, which is literally the original colour of any firework.

"So basic!" She mutters.

"What's wrong with basic?" He says which makes her look at him.

He blinks, tilting his head to have a better look at her face because of the dim lighting.

"Um, nothing!" She shrugs, looking away and takes out a green colored one.

The lighter burns to life, as they light the sparklers one by one.

Soon the darkness of the newborn night turns into beautiful lights. Natsuki holds the sparkler high in the air, gently swaying it left and right, admiring the neon green color spreading around.

"Yellow is such a warm colour, it makes me want to stare at it forever. Maybe it's really basic and common, but that's also why I like it. It's so beautiful how we can still find beauty in normal things. Don't you like it too?" Taehyung says, not looking up from his hands. He keeps looking at the sparkler until it dies down, eventually losing its lively light.

"I like it." Natsuki whispers, her hand hanging low, eyes on taehyung.

■□■□

The readers after jimin makes his entry in the story: aRiAnA wHaT aRe yOu DoInG hErE?
(We love jimin)
Anyways, don't forget to vote. Hope you're not getting bored of this. <3 I try my best everytime.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro