14. Evacuation

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I am standing next to a pond with a little that has my dark hair and her father's eyes. She walks over to me. "Mum, can we feed the ducks?" I look around the yard for my husband and I don't see him.

All of a sudden I feel arms encircle my fat stomach and I tilt my head to the side. Jensen is standing next to me. He smiles. "Hey, baby." He kisses me.

The girl covers her eyes. "Yuck."

I pull away and laugh. I feel my baby kick and I place my hand on my stomach. "The baby is kicking."

Jensen places his hand on my stomach and the baby kicks again. Jensen lets go of me and he kneels in front of me. He holds my stomach. "Hello, baby this is your father talking. I want you to behave for Mummy and stop kicking her all the time."

The baby kicks again.

Jensen shakes his head. "I thought you were going to listen to me, kiddo." He looks at me. "I love you, Joy. You were the best thing to happen to me. You've made be a better man by having my kids. I'll always be great full for the woman you are."

The girl look at Jensen. "Can we feed the ducks, now?"

Jensen nods. He pulls out a loaf of bread and we walk over to the pond. He gives the girl and I a slice of bread each and we tear pieces off and throw it into the pond.

Beep, Beep, Beep.

I am woken up from my dream by the excessive beeping of an alarm. I climb out of bed with Jensen and we both quickly put some clothes on and exit the room. "What's going on?" I ask Jensen.

"Its either a drill or there's a fire somewhere in the hotel." I see hotel guests make their way to the emergency exit.

Jensen holds my hand as we enter the emergency exit. People are running down the stairs and shoving each other.

I see a woman fall down the stairs on the sixth floor. As Jensen and I make our way down more flights of stairs our hands become untangled and I lose him in the crowd. I can smell smoke fill the emergency exit on the third floor. I am pushed by someone and I fall down a flight of stairs. I hit my head on the wall and I begin to see black dots.

"Joy?" I hear from somewhere in the crowded emergency exit. I look to the side where I am sitting and see flames lick their way up the door. I start coughing from the smoke.

Jensen makes his way over to me and he pulls his shirt over his head. He places the shirt over my face. "Put this over your mouth and nose." He lifts me up and carries me down the stairs.

As soon as we exit the emergency exit a paramedic is at my side. He looks at Jensen and I. "Take her to the ambulance and we'll check her over."

Jensen carries me over to the ambulance and they check me over. They give me some oxygen to clear my lungs from the smoke I breathed in. He pulls me into his arms. "I'm sorry, Joy."

I hold his hand. "It's not your fault." I lean my head against his shoulder. "We need to find a new hotel to stay at."

Jensen pulls his phone out of his pocket and he makes a couple of calls. He hangs up the phone for the third time. "We're going to stay at a friend's condo near Darling Harbour. He's going to send his housekeeper to the place and she'll let us into the house."

The firefighters exit the hotel and they tell us that the fire is out. The crowd cheer and a guy steps forward. "Can we get our stuff?" someone asks.

The manager steps forward. "Everyone on floors one and two can get there thing. People on floors four and onwards can get there things. People on the third floor please come to me and we'll see if there's any damage to you rooms."

The Paramedic takes the mask off my face. She looks at the back of my head and I wince as pain shoots through my head. She looks at Jensen. "She's got a concussion." She gives Jensen a book. "If any of the symptoms in the brochure occurs bring her straight to the hospital." She fills out some forms and she gives it to me. "I have a form in there that said I treated you this morning and that you didn't want to go to the hospital. If something happens and you need to go to the hospital show them the paper."

"Thank you." I rise and climb out of the ambulance. "Can we get our stuff?"

Jensen nods. We walk to the emergency exit. I stop at the bottom of the stairs. Jensen turns towards me. "What is it?"

"I don't think I'll be able to climb all those stairs. Can you get the bags?"

He moves towards me. "I can get them. Collin is waiting out front. You should go to our car and wait for me there." He kisses me and then he runs up the stairs.

I walk to the front of the building and I see Collin talking to other patrons. He looks at me when I round the corner. He smiles. "Hello, Joy."

I wave. "Hey, Collin. Jensen is getting our things. He'll be down soon." He opens the door for me and I climb into the car. He shuts the door for me. I lean my head against the seat rest and look out the window.

Twenty minutes later, Jensen enters the limo. He pulls me into his arms. "What do you want to do now? Go to the condo or spend time at Circular Quay?"

I smile. "Circular Quay until lunch. Then after that we can go back to the condo to get some sleep."

Collin climbs into the limo. He pulls the window down. "Have you decided where you want to go?"

Jensen leans forward. "Can you take us to Circular Quay for a bit?"

"Yes, Sir." Collin pulls the window up and he drives to Circular Quay.

At Circular Quay Jensen and I climb out of the car and we make our way towards the Oprah House. Jensen looks at me. "Stop, there. Let's get a picture here."

Collin takes the camera from Jensen and he takes a picture for us. He shows us. "What do you think?"

I smile. "I love it. Thank you, Collin. Can you take another with my camera? I'm sure Jensen wants to post this to his Facebook account."

Jensen laughs. "Are you going to get an account?"

I shake my head. "What I don't know about won't give me an addiction. I've seen how Facebook rules people's lives and I don't want unhealthy obsession."

He looks at my phone. "Did you know that device in your hand has Facebook and twitter accounts in it?"

I nod. "I deleted the apps. Can we get the picture taken now?"

Collin takes another photo of us and he shows the picture to Jensen.

Jensen looks at my phone. "Send the picture to me and I'll post it," we spend the next three hours walking around Circular Quay before we head to the condo.

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

Let me know what you think of the current chapter of The Unwanted Bride.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro