21. The Doctors Appointment

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The next morning I wake up and move to Lauren's room. I knock on the door. I hear her say. "Come in." I enter the room.

She's standing next to the bed wearing a purple dress. She smiles. "Morning, Sis. Can I make breakfast for you this morning?"

"I'd like that. Please, don't make bacon and eggs. I don't think my stomach can handle it." Lauren and I exit her room and we walk down the stairs to the kitchen. She looks through the cupboard. She turns to me. "I can't make anything. Do you ever go shopping?"

I shake my head. "I haven't been grocery shopping before. Our Aunt and Uncle got other people to do that. While I was in the house acting like one of their maids."

Lauren grabs my hand. "Let's get some food."

Jensen walks into the dining room at that moment and he looks at us. "What are you two up to?"

Lauren crosses her arms. "I was going to make breakfast. But, you don't have much food here. So, I'm going to take Joy with me to buy some groceries."

Jensen pulls out his black credit card. "Buy whatever you need." He looks at Lauren. "Buy your sister new clothes. She starts school next week."

She shakes her head. "I don't want to go to school."

I throw my arm around her. "We have to do things we don't like. It's a part of life. You better get used to it." Lauren and I walk to the door. I turn towards Jensen. "Stall the meeting this afternoon. I'll be there with the Lawyers after I get the results."

He hugs me. "I hope you're pregnant. I really want to start a family with you."

I don't want to be pregnant. I wanted to know that he truly loved me before I got pregnant with him. But, now isn't the time. The way we were thrown together weighs heavily on me.

I pull a pair of keys off the hook and walk with Laurent to the car. I climb in and put the keys into the ignition.

Lauren changes the radio and 'Eye of the Tiger' comes on. I sing along to the song. It makes me smile as I remember the ending of Supernatural when Dean Winchester sings to the song. Lauren looks at me. "You're a great singer, sis. Have you been to a karaoke night?"

I shake my head.

"There's this club close to where Mum and I lived they have karaoke night every week. We used to sing together. I hope to do that with you someday, Joy." A tear rolls down her face.

I touch her hand. "What night is it on and which club?"

Lauren smiles. "Do you really want to go?"

"Yes! I'd like to see the places you went to with Mum. I would like to know more about her. Did you get to know our Grandparents?" I pull the car into the parking lot of the closest grocery store.

Lauren and I step out of the car. We enter the store and walk down each aisle picking up items that we need. Lauren turns to me. "Can we go shopping tomorrow? I want to get a new wardrobe for school?"

"We'll see. Can you ask me about it again tonight?"
Lauren and I finish shopping and we climb into the car. I put the groceries into the boot. I shut the boot and climb into the car. I look at my sister. "What do you want for breakfast?"

She looks across the road and points to McDonald's. I drive across the street and pull into the drive thru. I order our breakfast and then we go home.

At home Lauren and I carry the groceries inside the house. We put the cold stuff away and then sit at the dining room table.

At 3.00pm, I walk out of the house with my sister. I turn to her. "After my Doctor's Appointment. We need to go to my husband's work. I want you to stay in the reception area so I can handle a few things that concerns both you and I."

Lauren looks at me. "How does it concern me?"

I turn towards her in the driver's seat and say. "Our Aunt and Uncle have taken a lot of things from us. They sold houses that weren't there's. They are trying to sell my company today. I need to put a stop to all of this and get back what's rightfully mine. I'm going to start a University fund and trust fund for you. The trust fund you can access that once you've graduated from University."

Lauren hugs me. "Mum said that you were a smart girl. Why didn't you got to University?"

I start up the car and pull out of the driveway. "I was doing correspondence secretly when I was living with our Aunt and Uncle. I did two years, worth of work in a year. After I married Jensen I went to a proper University and it's the best experience I've ever had."

She smiles. "I can't wait for when I go."

"You'll have the full experience of what campus life is like. I'll never have that opportunity. But, I'm happy that Jensen even let me go. It's great not being locked up anymore."

I pull the car into the parking lot of the Doctor's. Lauren and I step out of the car and we make our way in the Surgery. I walk over to the reception and leave my name at reception. I take a seat next to Lauren.

She turns to me. "Are you scared?"

I shake my head. "Nah, If I'm pregnant I'll deal with it. If I'm not it's alright. Jensen and I have more than enough time to have kids."

The Doctor walks into the reception area. "Joy McKellar."

I rise and follow the doctor to the room. Lauren takes my hand and she gives it a squeeze. I walk through the door and sit across from him.

The Doctor pulls something up on his computer and he looks at me. "Congratulations, Mrs McKellar, you're pregnant."

Shit!

I look at the doctor. "Thank you."

He writes some stuff into his computer. "I'm going to give you a couple of scripts for Prenatal Vitamins for the pregnancy."

I look at him. "Is it going to harm my baby?" I place a hand over my stomach. I may not want this baby right now. But, there's no way I want to harm it.

The doctor places his hand on mine. He shakes his head. "It's not going to harm your baby. It's going to help you get the nutrients that you might miss from the foods you eat." He prints off the script. "You should get these filled straight away."

I rise. "Thank you, Doctor."

Lauren and I exit the room and she jumps around. She yells. "I'm going to be an Aunt." She throws her arms around me. "I'm going to be the best Aunt that little one will ever have.

At 4.15pm, I enter McKellar Group. I walk straight to the boardroom. Jensen's secretary yells. "You can't go in there."

I ignore her.

The Lawyers are waiting for me next to the door. I push the door open and walk into the boardroom. My Aunt and Uncle are standing in front of everyone.

The Aunt looks at me. "What are you doing here, Joy?"

I hold up the Will. "I'm taking back what's mine. The entire Hamilton Fortune was mine and you've been selling everything I own. Did you know that's a crime?" I watch as my Aunt and Uncle try to run from the room. But, the door is blocked by the Cops.

The first officer looks at my Aunt and he reads her the Miranda rights. "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you. Do you understand the rights I have just read to you?" she stays silent. "With these right in mind, do you wish to speak to me?" My Aunt looks at me and her face turns red and she screams. "WHEN I GET OUT I'M GOING TO KILL YOU, JOY. YOU BETTER SLEEP WITH YOUR EYES OPEN AT NIGHT." She fights against the officer as he drags her out of the room.

My Uncle silently follows them out of the room.

His reaction was unexpected. He'd normally put up a fight. I wonder what he has planned.

I look at everyone in the room. "Hamilton Hotel and Resort won't be getting sold. Now, get the fudge out of here. If I see any of you with them I won't have a problem getting you prosecuted." I wait for them to move. But, they seem rooted to the chairs. "GET OUT, NOW." They all rush out of the room.

Jensen pulls me into his arms. "What did the Doctor say?"

I look at the ground. "I'm pregnant, Jensen."

A smile spreads across his face. "That makes me so happy. I can't wait to be a father."

I push him away. "I'm leaving you, Jensen. I don't want to bring our child into a world where you and I aren't being truthful to ourselves. It won't be fair for our child living with parents that were forced into marriage for selfish reason. I need you to stay away from me for a while. I will contact you for Doctor Appointment's and the Birth. As the father I don't want to take the rights of that from you."

He has tears in his eyes. "I love you, Joy. But, I think this is the best for us. You should take-over Hamilton Hotel and Resort. You'd make a great CEO." He hugs me. "You can stay at the mansion until you find a place."

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

Let me know what you think of the current chapter of The Unwanted Bride.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro