22. "Lauren, we're leaving!"

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

After the meeting at McKellar Group I drive Lauren and I back to Jensen's place.

When we get to the house Lauren and I walk inside. I walk to the kitchen and turn on the oven.

Lauren enters the kitchen while I'm preparing the salad. She looks at me. "Do you need help?"

"Sure, can you cut the carrots and tomatoes? I need to put the garlic bread int he oven." I open the oven and put the garlic bread in.

I put canola spray in a frying pan and then place three chicken breasts into the pan.

While dinner is cooking Jensen walks into the house. He walks straight to the TV and turns it on.

Lauren looks at me. "What's going on between Jensen and you?"

I look away from her as I say. "Lauren, we're leaving in the morning."

She walks over to me and wraps her arms around me. "What did he do?"

I shake my head. "It's not what he did, Lauren. It's how I feel."

"How do you feel?"

I sigh. "I feel like I'm just a placement in his life. We were married by force and that was something I never wanted to happen." I place my hand on my stomach. "I want my baby to be raised by parents that love each other. Ones that are married because it's what they wanted." I have tears running down my face. "Excuse me." I run out of the kitchen and up to my bedroom.

I shut the door and lie on my bed. I pull the blankets around me. I hear the bedroom door open. I don't want to talk Lauren. Please, Go away." I feel the bed dip and an arm goes around my waist. I am pulled against a muscular body.

"Joy, you're not a placement to me. You're my world. Do you really not know how much I care for you?"

I shake my head.

He moves his hand across my stomach and kisses my neck. "I love you, so much, Joy. The thought of you leaving with our baby is killing me."

I feel something wet hit my body. I turn in his arms and look into his blue eyes. I wipe the tears away. "I want a divorce, Jensen. But, I still want you in my life." I sit up and look at him. "Lauren and I will be out of here tomorrow."

He pushes my hair out of my face. "I'll give you the divorce. Can we start over, though?"

I nod. "I'd like that. I want you to act like a stranger when we meet."

He laughs. "Where are we going to meet?"

I climb off the bed and walk over to the desk. I pull out a notepad.

Meet me at Gracie's Cafe at 2pm.

I fold up the piece of paper and give it to him. "Don't open this until Sunday Morning."

He puts it on the table on his side of the bed. "Can you sleep with me tonight? I don't want to spend the night away from you."

I smile weakly. "Okay,"

"DINNER'S READY!" Lauren yells.

Jensen stands up and he reaches for my hand and I place it in his. He pulls me to my feet. He wraps his arms around my waist. "I don't want to let go."

"You have too, Jensen. I don't want my sister to get her hopes up about us leaving. Wait a couple of minutes before you come out. Maybe, you could pretend that you went to the toilet." I leave him in the hall.

Lauren has a smile on her face. "Are we staying?"

I shake my head. "I haven't changed my mind about leaving."

Lauren serves up dinner and she takes three plates to the kitchen table. She puts water into a jug and carries three glasses to the table.

I walk over to the table and sit.

This is my last night in this house.

Jensen walks to the table and he sits across from me.

Lauren looks at me and then to Jensen. She drops her fork on the table. "This is bullshit." She says. She crosses her arms. "I don't want to leave." She has tears falling down her face. "YOU'RE AN IDIOT FOR WANTING TO LEAVE HIM, JOY!" She pushes her plate to the side of the table and she runs away.

I look at the table. "I didn't know this was going to effect her this much."

Jensen doesn't say anything. He just puts food into his mouth.

I push my chair back and rise. I walk up to Jensen's room and start packing my bags. I have tears falling down my face.

This is for the best isn't it?

I move over to the bed and I sit. I wipe the tears away. I feel pain in my abdomen. I hold my stomach.

No, I don't want to have a miscarriage.

I walk to the bathroom and I lift up my dress I see some blood.

This can't be happening.

I scream and hit my hand against the mirror, breaking it. "WHY?" I yell.

I'm an idiot. I'm ruining the best thing that's ever happened to me. Maybe, I'm just better off not living anymore.

I pick up a shard of glass from the sink. I look at it and then at my wrist.

Jensen walks into the bathroom. He looks at the piece of glass in my hand. "WHAT ARE YOU FUCKING DOING, JOY?"

"What everyone wants me to do. End my life."

He throws the piece of glass on the ground. "You're not going to get away from me that way. What happened?"

Tears continue to stream down my face. "I'm having a miscarriage. I killed this baby by acting like a bitch towards you."

He pulls me into his arms. "I don't want you to think this is your fault. You don't deserve to lose our baby. Let's just go to the hospital and have it checked out. Then we'll go from there." He checks the cut on my hand and removes some shards of glass my messed up hand. I thank him before I walk into the bedroom and put on a clean pair of underwear. I put a pad on and walk over to Jensen.

Lauren enters the room. "What's going on?"

"I'm having a miscarriage."

She shakes her head. "I'm so sorry. I know how excited you were for having this baby."

I don't say anything as I get my bag and walk out the front door. I walk over to the car and wait for Jensen to open the door. I hear the alarm beep and I climb into the car.

I've been waiting to see a Doctor for four hours. A doctor exits a door and he says. "Joy Hamilton."

I rise and so does Lauren and Jensen. All three of us follow the doctor down the hall.

We we get into the room. I tell him I think I'm having a miscarriage.

He takes me to a room that has an ultrasound machine in it. He put gel on the wand and I lift my shirt. He puts it on my stomach.

I hear a heartbeat and I look at Jensen.

The doctor says. "This might only be spotting. If you continue to get pain come back here. For the next two weeks I need to put you on bed rest."

I look at him. "I need to go to my graduation the following week."

He looks at me. "If you stay in bed until your graduation I'll reconsider you going to Graduation." He pulls a card out of his pocket. "I'm not supposed to do this, but, if you need anything call me. I'll bring a portable ultrasound machine to your house the night before Graduation to make sure that it's fine for you to go." He wipes the gel off my stomach.

I shake his hand. "Thanks, Doc. I'll give you a call in a couple of days."

He looks at my hand. "I need to look at that and clean it. Why didn't you tell me you hurt yourself."

I look at the ground. "I forgot. I was too busy worrying about the baby."

He takes me to another room and he cleans up my hand and he puts a bandage around it.

Then I'm sent home.

Jensen looks at me. "You're not leaving me now, Joy." He lifts me up and carries me to the car.

Lauren has a huge grin on her face.

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

Let me know what you think of the current chapter of The Unwanted Bride.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro