24. Graduation Part II

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Gif by @beyondelirious thank you :-)

I turn back to the girl on the stage. She gives everyone an inspiring speech about our future.

This speech was better than the one I got tortured listening to when I was in High School.

I was lucky enough go to the High School Graduation. I had to beg my Aunt and Uncle to let me go. When I became a pain in the arse towards them they decided it would be best if I went.

The Dean begins to read the names of the students that are graduating. They get to the M's and I hear Josef Hamilton.

He's got the same last name as me.

He rises and makes his way over to the stage. He takes his certificate and walks across the stage.

"Joy Hamilton." The Dean says.

I look at Josef and his mouth drops open. I walk up the stairs and across the stage. I shake the Dean's hand.

"Good luck with your future endeavours, Miss Hamilton."

I smile. "Thank you." I walk across the stage and down the stairs. I look into the crowd and I see Jensen and Lauren standing up applauding. I show them my certificate. I walk over to my seat and sit next to Josef.

He looks at me. "You look familiar to me. How is that possible?"

I shrug. "I don't know."

"Do you know Amber and Karl Hamilton?"

"I lived with them until recently. How do you know them?"

He gulps. "I'm there son."

What the hell is happening? First I find out I have a sister and now a cousin. Why would Karl and Amber do this to us.

Tears begin to fall down my face. "I'm sorry that your parents are arseholes."

He laughs. "They are. I didn't know that they took you in. If I did I would have saved you."

I shake my head. "You have to meet my sister. I didn't know she existed until recently. Uncle Karl and Aunt Amber lied to me my entire life. Do I have anymore siblings or cousins?"

Josef looks into the crowd. "I have a brother and sister. They are here somewhere."

"Do you know why they gave me Hamilton Hotel and Resort?"

He nods. "Our Grandparents wanted you to have better life than the one you got with my parents. Grandma and Grandpa knew that they weren't stable enough to raise the twins and I. But, my parents jumped at the chance to raise you when your mother couldn't. Your mum was an unfit mother for a time. When she was fit enough to have you back my parent wouldn't let her. Then your mum found out she was pregnant with your sister. She never told anyone who your father is."

I look him in the eyes. "Is my father alive?"

He shrugs. "I truly don't know, Joy. The best person to ask about your father is your sister. She might be keeping it a secret to protect you. We all know you've been through enough and we all want to protect you from anymore harm."

I sigh."I can look after myself."

He looks at my stomach. "Not when your pregnant."

I cross my arms. "How do you know I'm pregnant?"

He scratches the back on his neck. "Since, I found out who you are to me I've kept tabs on you. Can you at least take on piece of advice from me?" I nod. "Stop pulling away from Jensen. His feeling for you is pure."

I look into the crowd and I can see my sister move through the crowd with Jensen. "Have you been talking to Lauren?"

He looks at Lauren. "Yes, I have. She's my cousin. She's also my eyes and ears in that house." He looks into the crowd as a boy and girl approach. "Do you want to meet your cousins?"

I nod.

When the boy and girl stop in front of me they smile. "I'm Lana and that's Leonard."

I shake there hands. "It's nice to meet you both. I'm Joy."

Lana smiles. "You're our cousin. It's great to finally meet the girl that had to be raised by our terrible parents. I didn't expect for you to turn out like this. I thought you would be cold just like our parents."

I shake my head. "I'm nothing like them. If you must know I hate them with everything I have. They showed me how unwanted I was. That's been ingrained into my brain and I can't help think that I'm not enough for my husband."

Jensen pulls me into his arms. He kisses my temple. "You're exactly the type of woman I want, Joy. No one will be able to take away what we have. I won't allow them to take it away from us."

I look at them. "Do you want to come over? I want to get to know you away from the school?"

Josef nods. "I agree. We'll follow you back to your place. But, first I need to see my friends and get photos with them."

I smile. "I have to do the same." I look at Lauren and Jensen. "I'll see you two in an hour." I walkmawaynfrom my husband and sister.

My friends walk over to me when they see me exit the hall.

I hug Kim and Naomi. "I can't believe we just graduated."

Kim laughs. "I know. Guess what?"

"What?" I ask her curiously.

"I just got a job at Hamilton Corp. is that company part of The Hamilton Hotel and Resort."

I shrug. "I've never heard of Hamilton Corp. I'll have to ask my cousin."

Josef walk by at the moment. "Hey, Joy. Ladies."

"Is there a Hamilton Corp?"

His face drops and then he nods. "Yeah! It's Mum and Dad's company. Who got a job there?"

Kim raises her hand. "Be careful. My parents will manipulate you. I think they have to ability to brain wash people."

After an hour of talking and taking photos with my friends in ready to go home.

I find Lauren and Jensen at the car with coffees.

Josef and his siblings stand next to me. "Our car is on the other side of the parking lot. I'll be right back." He walks away.

I look at Josef. "Did you get me a cupcake?"

He pulls the bag out of the car and gives it to me. "I knew you would get hungry sooner or later and I couldn't leave the cafe without getting you what you crave for the most which is a chocolate cupcake."

I pull the chocolatey goodness out of the bag. I tear a piece off the cupcake and put it in my mouth. "Hmmm," I moan.

Jensen laughs and pulls me into his arms. "I'm glad you like it."

Just then Josef beeps his horn and the twins walk over to the car.

I climb into Jensen's car and we make our way back to the mansion.

On the way home we see four fire trucks and an ambulance speed past us. I see smoke coming from a house.

I start to get a bad feeling. "Jensen, it might be our place."

He shakes his head. "No ones allowed to go through the gate without my permission."

Jensen gets closer the house fire. He turns into his driveway and it's the mansion on fire.

I step out of the car and move toward the house. The entire place is up in flames. Tears fall down my face. "The ultrasound photos."

Jensen looks at me. "Your Grandparents Will is somewhere in that house."

I have a digital copy that I haven't told anyone about.

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️️MissDredge❤️

Let me know what you think of the current chapter of The Unwanted Bride.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro