25. Foul Play

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I step out of the car and move toward the house. The entire place is up in flames. Tears fall down my face. "The Ultrasound photos."

Jensen looks at me. "Your Grandparent's Will is somewhere in that house."

I have a digital copy that I haven't told anyone about.

I look at Jensen. "I have more copies of the Will if that is what they were after. It's going to be hard for them to take anything from me. I have lived a hard life and in that time I have learned one thing from the people that I knew as my parents. That lesson was not to trust anyone. The only one you can rely on is yourself."

Jensen shakes his head. "You can trust your sister and I." He looks at my cousins. "I don't know of you should trust the children of the animals that raised you."

Josef yells. "Hey, I heard that." He walks over to us. "You can't put my siblings and I into the same group as our parents. We don't even know them. They are strangers to us."

Jensen rises and looks at him. He crosses his arms. "What if you're the responsible for this happening? You just came out of nowhere and Joy accepts you in her life."

Lauren steps forward. She crosses her arms and looks at Jensen. "You both accepted me in your life and I came out of nowhere. What's so different about my cousin's?"

Jensen shrugs. "I don't know." He throws his hands up in the air. "I'm going for a walk." He walks away.

I watch him walk behind the house.

Lauren touches my shoulder. "Are you alright?"

I shake my head. "Everything we own is gone. Even the ultrasound that I got done the other day. Nothing's going to replace that photo. I wanted to put that in an album for when the baby got older. Now, I won't have the chance to do that." Tears fall down my face.

Lauren wraps her arms around my shoulder. "You need to calm down, Joy. This isn't healthy for you or the baby. Let's go over to the tree and sit." She helps me over to the tree.

I sit down and lean against the tree.

Josef, Lana and Leonard all sit with me.

Lauren wraps her arms around me. She looks at me with tears in her eyes. "Where are we going to go now, Joy?"

"We're going to get a room in Hamilton Hotel and Resort. From there we're going to look for a new place to live." I look at the place that actually felt like a home. "I'm going to miss this mansion though."

Jensen walks over to us with a firefighter and a Police officer. When they are in front of me I rise and look at them."

The police officer looks at me. "We were just informed that this place was deliberately lit. I was wondering if you have an idea of who could have done it and why?"

My mouth opens and closes a couple of time. I can't get the words to come out of my mouth. Jensen touches my arm and I look at him. He nod. I clear my throat. "It could be my Aunt and Uncle. They tried selling a piece of my company without my knowledge and when I found out I got my lawyers involved. But, I think this has to do with the Will that I had put in a safe place in the house."

The officer writes it down. "I'll have a look into your Aunt and Uncle."

"Also, they've sold a lot of things that was supposed to me mine in the Will my Grandparents had. I can get a copy of the will for you if you need it?"

She shakes her head. "I'll talk to your lawyers about this."

I look at Jensen and Lauren. "I'm tired. Can you take us to Hamilton Hotel and Resort, Jensen?"

Jensen lifts me up. "Alright," he turns to my cousins. "Give me your phone number and I'll give you a call when you come over. Tonight I need to get her to a safe place."

Lauren gives Josef her phone and he types his number into it. He looks at her. "If you need anything give me a call."

She nods. "I will."

Jensen, Lauren and I climb into the car. Jensen pulls the car out of the driveway. He looks at me. "If you meet up with your cousin and I'm not around I want you to meet them somewhere public. I don't want them near the hotel or the new mansion that I'm going to buy."

I place my hand in his. "Okay,"

I think it's best that I start to trust my husband.

At the hotel Jensen, Lauren and I step out of the car and we make our way into the building. I point the sign.

Lauren looks at the sign. "Mum, hated this place. She said that the 'Hamilton Hotel and Resort is cursed for the CEO. She was glad that the company wasn't left to her."

I move over to my sister. "What do you mean?"

She shrugs. "You'll figure that out when you officially take over the role of CEO. We better get inside before the best rooms are taken." She rubs her hands together. "I want my own room."

I shake my head. "You're not getting your own room. You're going to share a suite with us."

She covers her ears. "I don't want to hear you two have sex tonight."

My face turns red and I bury my head into Jensen's arms. He laughs and looks at my sister. "You know how to embarrass your sister."

She laughs. "She deserves it."

We enter the hotel and the architecture in this place is amazing. I look at the roof and see different coloured windows and Angels on the roof. A few things a coated in gold.

The line move slowly and when we make it to the front we have to wait for someone to finish up with their current client.

A lady looks over at me. "Next,"

I walk over to the girl. "Hi, I would like to stay in the presidential suite."

She types something into the computer. "I'm sorry, miss. We don't have that room available."

I look at her. "I want to see your manager."

She rises and walks into the back room. The door opens and the manager steps out of his office. He stops when he sees me.

The girl turns around and she doesn't see him behind her anymore. "Sir?"

He walks over to us. "Give them any room on the top floor, Mila. You see this woman she is your boss."

She frowns. "I thought you were my boss."

I cross my arms. "I'm Joy Hamilton. CEO of Hamilton Hotel and Resort."

Her mouth drops open. She clears her throat. "I'm sorry."

I smile. "That's alright. Just give us our keys and we'll be on our way." I turn to the manager. "I'll see you tomorrow in my new office?"

He nods. "Sure, what time?"

"What time do you start?"

"Six," he looks back his office.

"I'll see you at five."

The girl places keys on the table for me. I take them and follow a concierge up to my room. He places our bags next to the door. I show Lauren to her room.

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

Let me know what you think of the current chapter of The Unwanted Bride.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro