30. Morning Sickness

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The next morning, I climb out of bed and run straight to the bathroom. I lean over the toilet and start to throw up.

Great! Just what I needed this morning. Getting morning sickness before I had to go to a meeting.

I hear the bedroom door open. "Joy?" I throw up again. The bathroom door opens and my sister steps into the room. "Are you alright?"

I look at Lauren. "I hate having morning sickness. I don't know why it had to show up today. I have an important meeting that I was supposed to attend today."

She looks at me. "I'll send them a message." She takes my phone off the bedside table. I hear the clicking on the phone as she sends them a message. She walks back into the bathroom. "Since, you've got today off can you take me out?"

I shake my head. "I don't think I should go out today. How about I call someone to come here and take you out instead?"

She crosses her arms. "I don't want to go out without you. I came here with my Big Sister."

I rise and move to the basin. I brush my teeth and wash my face. I dry my face and then look at her. "Can you wait until this afternoon for an answer of if we can go out?"

She nods. "Alright, I'll wait."

I pick up my phone and I call Jensen.

He picks up the phone on the first ring.

Jensen: Hey, baby. How are you feeling?

Me: I don't feel well. So, I'm going to take a nap. I hope when I wake up I'll feel better.

Jensen: What about the meeting?

Me: I had to schedule it. I can't go in there when there's a chance I might have to leave. I don't like morning sickness. It's inconvenient and it seems to come at all times of the day.

Jensen: I hate knowing your sick without me there, Joy.

Me: It's only morning sickness. I should be fine soon.

Jensen: Call me later. I need to get some sleep before the meeting I have in a couple of hours. Love you, Joy.

Me: I love you, too, Jensen.

I hang up the phone and move underneath the covers.

Lauren enter the room and she looks at me. "Do you need anything, before I go to the pool?"

I look at her. "Can you get me a bottle of water and some fruit. Just place it on the bedside table before you leave. Is Frankie here?"

She looks at me. "Yeah! Does she really have to look after me?"

I nod. "She's here to look after you when I have meetings that I need to attend. If you want she can show you around New York."

Just then I hear a knock on the door. I turn towards the door and I see Frankie at the door. She smiles. "Hey, Joy. I was just wondering..." She looks at Lauren. "... Never mind."

I look at her. "Can you take Lauren sightseeing? I'm not feeling to good and I don't want her stuck in the hotel bored. You can take her to the Statue of Liberty or something."

Lauren rises. "I'll get you the water and fruit." She exits the room.

A couple minutes later, Lauren returns with the things I asked for. She has a bag over her shoulder. "I'll be back for dinner, Joy. I hope your better when I come back." She kisses me before she walks out the door with Frankie.

I pull the blanket over my head and fall asleep.

I wake a couple hours laters. I walk over to my computer and I start it up. I connect to Skype and talk to the board members. I look into the camera. "Hey, everyone. I'm Joy Hamilton the CEO of Hamilton Hotel and Resort. I apologise for not being there today. I wasn't feeling too good." I cover my mouth as I feel vomit come up. I run to the bathroom and throw up again.

After a couple of minutes I walk back to the room and see the board members still on the screen.

I'm actually surprised to see that they are still.

I sit in my chair. "I want you all to know that I'm pregnant. I know I don't have to tell you the reason why I couldn't come in today."

A guy in his 60's smiles. "You don't need to explain yourself. But, at least this way we know you weren't trying to avoid is. I want to thank you for taking time out to Skype is during the meeting. Will you be coming in tomorrow?"

I nod. "I will try my damnedest to be there tomorrow. I want to see everything that you have planned for my company. If you don't have plans I'll let you know about the things I have planned for the company. I'll see you all tomorrow." I shut off Skype and move to the lounge. I turn on the television and watch re-runs of Charmed.

Lauren walk into the room at 5:30, she looks at me. "Are you feeling better?"

I nod. "What did you do?"

She looks at Frankie. "We went to Brooklyn. We spent time walking around near the Brooklyn Bridge. It was beautiful. I even saw a couple getting married at the park. That's where Jensen and you should get married."

I shake my head. "I want to get married in Los Angeles. I don't know where yet. But, my dream has always been to marry in the one place I love the most and that's Los Angeles, the place I grew up."

Lauren hugs me. "You're going to look beautiful in a wedding dress, Joy. I saw the pictures of Jensen and you from the wedding and I hated the dress you were wearing as it wasn't something that you would wear. I'm guessing it was chosen by our Aunt."

I sit up on the couch. "She chose the dress. I never got a day in anything. With the divorce I get a say in the wedding. But, I want Jensen to help me with it. I want the day to be special for him as well."

Lauren sits next to me. "You walking down the aisle is what will make that day special for him. You're his Cinderella and he's your Prince Charming. Just don't take an apple from a stranger."

I laugh. "That was Snow White that ate the apple. She was put under a sleeping spell until a Prince kissed her. Only a True Love's kiss would wake her up."

She smiles. "I hope I get a disney ending to my fairytale."

"You're ten. You don't need to be thinking about that for another." I pause. "Fifteen years. Yep, I don't want to date until then."

Lauren shakes her head. "You can't do that, Joy."

I laugh. "I can't. But, I think Jensen will. He already treats you like a little sister and he's a protective big brother. I wonder how he handled it when his sisters went out on there first date in high School."

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️️MissDredge❤️

Let me know what you think of the current chapter of The Unwanted Bride

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro