Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I wake up the following morning and move to the bathroom. I look into the mirror and I see tear stains on my face, my brown hair sticks to my face and my eyes are red. I turn the tap on and wash my face. I hear someone knock on the door.

"Cindy," a voice says.

I turn the tap off and walk out of my bedroom. I see mr and mrs McKellar sitting on the lounge. They have a couple bags with them and some hot drinks. I walk over. "Hello, mr and mrs McKellar."

Mrs McKellar rises and she moves over to me. She hugs me. "Hello, sweetheart. How are you feeling?"

I look at the ground. "Numb, I can't believe that he's gone." I smell cinnamon in one of the bags. "Did you buy cinnamon donuts?"

Mrs McKellar smiles. "Yeah, I got them after they were cooked. Cinnamon donuts taste better when they're freshly cooked. You'll find out when you have one. I brought you a tea as well."

"Thank you, mrs McKellar."

She shakes her head. "Call me Mum or Denise."

Lauren exits her room and she yawns. "Good morning." She says and walks over to lounge. She sits across from me and she opens up a bag. "This smells great." She offers me the bag and I take out a cinnamon donut.

I bite into the donut and then I begin to chew. I feel the cinnamon stick to my lips. I lick them. I pick up my tea and have a drink. I look around the room. "What's everyone doing today?"

Lauren looks at me. "Do I have to go to school?"

I look at the clock on the wall and it says 9am. I shake my head. "No," I look at the ground. "I wasn't going to send you anyway. But, I can't stay in this room all day."

Mrs McKellar touches my arm. "We're having some close family and friends coming over."

Cindy looks at her parents. "That seems like a party. Doesn't that seem a bit insensitive of you?"

She sighs. "Cindy, I can't say no to them coming around. They want to be there for us. They have lost him as much as everyone else."

Cindy rises. "Mum," she points at me. "She has lost him. She is the love of his life and the mother of his child." She turns to her father. "Why wasn't he on a private plane?"

Mr McKellar looks at her. "He wanted to see what is was like to fly commercial. He wanted to experience something that ordinary people take for granted." He looks at me. "You've made my son see things differently. He told me about his plan to meet you at the bar and buy you a drink. That made him smile the thought of picking his wife up at the bar. He was looking forward to coming home for that date."

I was looking forward to that date too. I had the perfect dress for that. It showed off my baby bump. He would've loved it.

Tears begin to fall down my face. "I was counting down the days until our date."

Lauren and Cindy wrap there arms around me.

After breakfast Cindy, Lauren and I decide to not go over to the McKellar's. I wasn't in the mood to meet the rest of the family.

I wanted to meet the family with Jensen at my side.

A limousine pulls in front of us and we climb inside.

Lauren sits in the middle. She looks at me. "I can't believe I'm skipping school to go shopping with my sisters."

Cindy and I laugh.

I look at her. "This is the only time you'll skip school to go shopping with me. But, after last night I know you wouldn't be able to concentrate at school." I sigh. "Since, you've moved in with me you've missed school seven times. I'm a bad influence when it comes to your education."

She shakes her head. "Mum and I used to move around a lot. So, my education hasn't been that great. But, when I am stuck in one place my grades shoot up. Before, mum died I was a straight A student."

I look out the window as we head towards Beverly Hills. "Where are we going, Cindy?"

She smiles. "I thought we'd take the chance to drive past the film set of The Last ship."

Lauren looks out the window. "I hope Eric Dane is there."

Cindy shakes her head. "Sorry, kiddo. But, he's not on the show anymore."

She pouts. "Bugger, he's hot for an old guy."

I laugh. "I preferred him as McSteamy." I fan myself. "Oh, he was so McSteamy."

Cindy laughs. "I loved him in that show. I still can't believe they killed him off. That episode brought tears to my eyes."

I sigh. "At least he got to be with with Lexi again. She was the love of his life. But, I feel for Callie and his daughter." I start to cry again.

Cindy pulls me into her side. "Shhh," she kisses my head and I feel something hit my neck and I realise she's crying as well. I feel Lauren wrap her arms around me and we have a group hug.

The car comes to a stop and the driver pulls his window down. "Are you ladies alright with me dropping you off here?"

Cindy leans forward. "It's perfect, Dane. We'll give you a call when we need you to pick us up."

We step out of the car and walk down the street. My stomach begins to rumble. I look at the girls. I need to get something to eat. We walk over to a cafe and we look at the menu. I order a chicken sandwich and then I take the sandwich over to a table.

The girls join me a couple minutes later with food.

After the quick meal walk down the street and enter a few stores.

Later, that night I'm sitting in my room. I look at the cupboard that holds the dress I was supposed to wear tonight. I rise and move over to the cupboard. I take the dress out and set it on the bed.

I'm going downstairs to the bar. I can't be in this room anymore.

I take off the sweatpants and t-shirt. I put on clean matching underwear and then I put the dress on. I walk over to the vanity and put on some make-up on. I put some jewellery that Jensen got me. I look at myself in the mirror one last time.

The black dress fits me perfectly showing off my baby bump and there's a split up the side revealing by long tanned legs. My long dark hair is up in a bun revealing my neck.

I sigh. "I better go down stairs." I exit my room and look at Cindy and Lauren when I enter the living room. "I'm going to the bar. Can you look after, Lauren for me?"

Cindy nods. "Yeah! Don't accept drinks off strangers. You're still my brothers girl."

I smile. "I'll always be your brother's girl." I exit the room and make my way to the lift. I press the button and wait for it to stop on my floor.

The doors finally open and I step inside.

A song plays over the intercom and I start to sing along to it.

When the lift stops on the bottom floor I make my way over to the bar.

At the bar I order a glass of water.

The bartender pours me a glass of water. He looks at me. "Why are you here if your only going to drink water?"

I look at him. "I was supposed to meet someone here. I know he won't show up now that he's dead." Tears form in my eyes. "He was on the plane that crashed. But, I wanted to be in the place I was supposed to be tonight. The reason why I'm drinking water is because I am pregnant." Tears begin to fall.

The bartender touched my arm. "I'm sorry to hear that, Miss. You can stay her as long as you need. I'll keep your glass topped up for you."

I wipe the tears away. "Thank you."

Another hour passes and I'm still waiting at the bar like a desperate person not willing to accept the lose of the person I love the most. I place my arms on the table. I lie my head on my arms. I look at the bartender. "Can I have another glass of water?"

The guy fills up the glass for me and places it on the bar.

I take the glass from him and I take a drink of the water. I finish off that glass. I climb off the stool. "I'll be back. I'm going to the bathroom." I walk over to bathroom and do my business.

When I get back to the bar I see that more people have arrived for drinks. Luckily my seat is still free.

The bartender puts a fresh glass of water in front of me. "You should go to your room. You look tired."

I shake my head. "I can't do that. If I do it means I have accepted fate and I don't accept this. It has to be wrong." I put the glass up to my lips and take another sip of my water. I feel an arm brush against mine.

Someone whispers. "Can I buy you a drink?"

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️️MissDredge❤️

Let me know what you think of the latest chapter of The Unwanted Bride.

Who do you think whispered in Joy's ear?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro