6. McKellar Group

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I park the red convertible next to Jensen's car. I step out of the car and a security guy walks over to me.

"Excuse me, Miss. You can't park your car there."

I laugh. "I'm Jensen McKellar's wife."

His mouth drops. "He told me his wife was coming today. But, I wasn't expecting you."

I close his mouth for him. "I won't tell him how you told me that I couldn't park next to car." I wink at him and enter the building.

On the first floor I have to enter the check point. I put my handbag on the scanner and show them my ID Badge.

A girl standing close to me says. "Are you Mr McKellar's wife?"

I nod. "Do you have a problem with that."

Where the hell is my attitude coming from. I was usually the quiet, nice one.

The girl shakes her head. "I don't have a problem with it. I thought you were going to be one of the usual girls he brings in."

I look at the table. "I'm sorry for being rude. I get a little cranky when I haven't had something to eat in a while."

She pulls a packet of Tim Tams out of her bag. "Have one of these."

How did she get these?

I look at her. "How did you get that into the country?"

She smiles. "I have a friend that sends me these. I love my Aussie foods."

"I've heard how great Australia is. But, I've never been down under before."

She leans close to me. "There's been talk that he's travelling to Sydney for a business deal."

I zip my lips. "I won't say a word to him."

I pick up my handbag and leave the security area. I take a bite of the snickers bar and step into the lift.

The lift takes me to the top floor. The doors open and I step off the lift. I walk over to a desk.

The girl looks at me. "Mr McKellar is in a meeting right now."

I cross my arms. "I'll wait for him." I move over to the couch and pull out a magazine. "I'm Mrs McKellar. I'm sure he won't be much longer in the meeting."

She picks up the phone.

A couple minutes later, Jensen is standing in front of me. He pulls me up to my feet and we walk to his office. He closes the door when I'm inside.

He pushes me against the door. He pushes some of the brown locks out of my face. His lips brush my ear. "Can I kiss you?"

I nod.

His lips brush mine.

I wrap my arms behind his neck and bring my lips to his.

He pushes me against the door and he slips his tongue into my mouth.

I move my hands down his back and bring them to stomach. I run my fingers over his stomach, feeling his six pack.

Jensen steps away from me. "If we continue this. I'm going to rip those jeans off your body."

I laugh.

Jensen moves over to his desk and he sits. He leans forward in his seat. "I have something to tell you."

I sit opposite him. "That's the words every couple dreads."

He throws his head back and laughs. "It's not like that with us. We're married."

I roll my eyes. "I wasn't sure how much of the marriage you were taking as being real."

He leans forward. "I take our marriage seriously. I want to be with you and no one else."

I sigh. "What about the secretary?"

He crosses his arms. "She won't be a problem."

Yeah, I'll make sure of it before I leave the office tonight.

I lean forward. "What is it that you want to tell me?"

"I have to go to Sydney for a business deal. I was wondering if you'd like to accompany me?"

I rise and move towards him. I sit in his lap. "I would love to go with you to Sydney. I've never been there before. My parents left me at home with the Nannies when the travelled abroad."

"Everytime you mention them I want to throttle them for testing you badly. You shouldn't have lived like that. You were an innocent child."

I shrug. "There's nothing I could do about it. If I misbehaved they would lock me in the cellar and starve me for days. Once I got severely dehydrated from that. That I was rushed to hospital with the Nanny. I was taken by child services and returned to my parents a couple days later. My nanny was blamed for he condition I was in when I entered the hospital. I had to lie for my parents or my punishment would have been worst."

Jensen wraps his arms around me. "Is that why I hear you screaming every night?"

I nod. "When I close my eyes I see the things that they did to me. I don't know if those images will ever leave me."

He kisses my head. "You could always sleep with me and see if you still have nightmares."

I turn on his lap. "I'm not ready to share a bed with you. I need to go slow, Jensen."

"We'll go at whatever pace you feel comfortable with beautiful."

A knock at the door brings us back to reality.

Jensen yells. "Come in."

A woman with blonde hair, tanned skin, long legs, curvy steps into the room. "You have a guest in the waiting room, Sir. She doesn't have an appointment."

Jensen looks at her. "I'll be out there in a moment." He whispers in my ear. "Uma, is my secretary." He turns to her. "Uma, this is my wife Joy."

She gives me a dirty look. "So, this is the woman that you left me for? She won't give you everything that I could." She exits the room.

I really hate that woman.

Jensen looks at me. "I need to see who's here without an appointment."

I rise. "I'll come with you."

Jensen and I exit the room and we make our way to the waiting room.

Cindy smiles. "Hey, bro. I came here to see if you wanted to grab a bite to eat with me. But, I see your wife here has taken care if you."

I shake my head. "I didn't bring any food. The three of us could get lunch together?"

Jensen pulls me into his side. "That sounds great. I have s few things to do before I can leave. Can you give me half an hour?"

I nod. "I wait out here with Cindy."

He kisses my cheek and walks to his office.

Cindy and I sit on the lounge. "Have you met his secretary, Uma, yet?"

I shift in my seat. "Yeah, she's a piece of work. Why did your brother hook-up with her all the time?"

She shrugs. "I don't know. But, I think she loved him. He never returned to feelings towards her."

I rise. "I'm going to talk to her. I need her to back-off from my husband."

"Good luck." Cindy says.

I pull out my phone and press the record button on it.

I move towards Uma's desk.

She looks up as I approach. "What do you want home wrecker."

I lean on the desk and pull the cord on the head set she's wearing. "Listen here, woman. I don't give a shit what happened between you and my husband before I came into the picture.  You need to back the hell away from my husband or I'll show you what it means to go against me. Jensen McKellar is my husband; not yours."

She rises and grabs my shirt. "I'm not going to back off. I'm going to ruin what you have with him. Then I'm going to ruin your name. Joy Hamilton."

I laugh. "Joy Hamilton's name has been dragged through the mud too many times. Do you think anything you could say will have an impact on my life?"

"It will have a huge impact if I tell everyone I'm pregnant with your husbands child. You'll be known as the home wrecker."

I slap her across the face. "Your lies will effect his businesses and the shareholders will pull there stock out of the company. Do you really want to do that?"

She nods. "Yes,"

"Are you willing to lose your job as well?"

"Yes, because at the end of the day I'll have what I want and that's Jensen McKellar. The love of my life."

I stop recording the conversation. I pull my phone out of my pocket. "Jensen and shareholders will now know about your plans, Uma. You should have played smarter."

Jensen exits his office.

Cindy, Jensen and I leave McKellar Group. We cross the road and enter the restaurant.

Jensen holds my hand as we walk to the table. "I saw you talking to Uma. She didn't look happy with what you were saying."

I give him my phone. "This recording is why she's not happy. You should listen to it."

Jensen takes the phone from me. "I'm go into listen to it outside. I'll be back soon. You ladies take a seat."

The waitress walks over. "Welcome to Lena's. How many people are in your group?"

I look at Jensen's retreating form. "Three."

The waitress shows Cindy and I to the table. She places the menus in front of us. "I'll be back soon to take your orders."

Cindy leans across the table. "What did Uma say?"

"She threatened the McKellar Group and me. She was going to tell everyone she's pregnant. Do you think that part is true?"

Cindy shakes her head. "Jensen, wouldn't make a mistake like that. He wants to start a family with his wife."

I'm not ready for that. I don't know if I'll ever be ready to be a mother.

Jensen enters the restaurant and he moves towards me. He sits next to me. "She's not pregnant, Joy. If she was the baby won't be mine. I always wore protection with her."

I touch his arm. "I don't to ever hear you say the last part again. Before you and I go further in our relationship I want you to get tested."

"My next physical is next week. I go to the doctors before I travel."

After lunch we head back to the office and I see Uma packing up her desk.

Jensen wraps his arms around me. "I fired her earlier and I sent the recording to the share holders. I didn't want them to be surprised by any scandal that may arise because of her."

Uma steps out from behind her desk. "I'm going to bleed this company for everything it has and then..." She turns to me. "I'm going to take Hamilton Hotel and Resorts from you."

Good luck with that.

She walks over to the lift.

Jensen and I move toward his office. He pulls out a yellow envelope with my name on it.

What is in there?

I take the envelope from the desk and I open it. I pull the papers out and read through it.

Last Will and Testament
Of
Ashley and Garrett Hamilton

We, Ashley and Garrett of 1123 Cross Road, Los Angeles, declare that this is our Last Will Testament.

Preliminary Declaration

I have one living Granddaughter Joy E. Hamilton. All references in this will be left to our Granddaughter.

Specific requests and devices

We give you our entire fortune, eight properties around the world, insurance policy, Hamilton Hotel and Resorts.

The Hotel and Resorts are mine. I can't believe they left everything to me. I never got to see them when I was growing up.

Jensen moves towards me. "What was in the envelope?"

I put the papers back in the envelope. "It was my Grandparents Last Will and testament. Jensen, where did you find it?"

"It was left on my car."

Thank for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

Let me know what you think of the current chapter of The Unwanted Bride.

I'll be writing another bride book when this one is over. It's called The Back-up Bride.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro