7. Hiding the Will

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Sorry I couldn't update yesterday, since I had a bad headache. I still have the headache today. So, this chapter will be shorter than usual. If I'm feeling better tomorrow I'll have a longer update.

At home I park the red convertible in the garage and step out of the car.

Jensen is by my side and we enter the house via a secret door."

Why didn't we use this door this morning?

Jensen looks at me. "Your probably wondering why we didn't use this door this morning? I wanted you to see all the car I owned. I wanted you to see a variety of the cars before you chose one to drive to school. I am getting insurance papers draw up for that vehicle for you. I want you to have the convertible."

I hug him. "Thank you, Jensen."

He kisses my temple. "Do you have any plans for the weekend? I want to take you somewhere."

I pull away from him. "I have plans with one of the girls from my class. We're going to study here. I'll need to finish this assignment over the weekend if you want me to go with you to Sydney. How long are we staying there?"

He smiles. "We have a week there. The meeting will last two days and then the rest of the time is for our honeymoon."

I'm looking forward to spending time with Jensen outside of the house.

I look at him. "When are we leaving?"

"Next Friday. You'll have to talk to your professor and see if he can give you an extension on your assignment."

I shake my head. "I'm not going to do that. I'll finish half of it and leave the rest to my partner. I'll just email her everything I've done and can she can the same with me."

"Do you have class tomorrow?"

"No, since I've finished a lot of things I have every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday off."

He smiles and steps forward. "Will you be my secretary on those days you have off. I'm going to need someone to help me out."

I whisper. "I would love to help you out. You'll need to find someone to take over for Monday and Wednesday."

"I'll get my sister to help out those days. She spends a lot of her time shopping she might as well earn some money to do it instead of using Mum and Dad's."

"Which sister?"

"Cindy! She was telling me last week how she's bored of shopping and wants something to do to fill her days while her boyfriend is at work."

I laugh. "I haven't met a woman that would be sick of shopping before." I hear the front door open. "Maybe, she doesn't want to go shopping with me."

Cindy enters the room. "what are you two talking about?"

Jensen turns to his sister. "You,"

She crosses her arms. "What about me?"

Cindy looks at Jensen and I.

I move toward her. "He was just telling me how much you hate shopping now."

She leans against the counter. "It's boring shopping all the time. I was just saying that in the hopes that my brother would feel bad for me and give me a job at McKellar Group."

Jensen smiles. "I need you to work for me on Monday and Wednesday?"

She smiles. "I'll be there. Who's working on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday?"

"I am. Those are the days I have off from University."

Cindy moves over to me. "You seem to be breezing through those books quick."

I nod. "I have more time to concentrate on my studies. I had to keep it quiet. If my parents found I was studying they would have beaten the shit out of me. I have to step on stones around them or I would be punished."

Cindy moves away from the counter. "Can I ask you a personal question?"

I nod.

I might regret the question she's about to ask me.

"What happened during Sophomore year? I remember you were popular and you had a party at your place and the following Monday all you friends ditched you."

*Flashback*

Mum and Dad insisted that I invite my friends over to celebrate my fifteenth Birthday.

They threw the biggest Birthday bash ever.

My parents had alcohol sitting on the table when my friends arrived.

The first thing they went to was the alcohol and they poured themselves a drink.

During the night Mum invited us to play a few games.

My friends were excited to play a game with an adult.

Mia leaned over and whispered. "Your parents are the coolest. I can't believe you get to drink alcohol all the time."

I shake my head. "This is the first time I've had alcohol."

Mum say the table and she taught us how to play Never have I ever. She told the group the rules.

As the night progressed Mum became mean and she would tell the group 'that I was a mistake' and they would be better off not being my friend.

Dad called all my friends parents and he told them I invited them over for a party. He told them I also supplied them with alcohol.

My friends walked out of the house with there parents and they never spoke to me again.

*End Flashback*

Cindy has tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry, Joy."

I shrug. "It was a long time ago. Have you seen anyone we graduated high school with?"

She nods. "I saw Mia Cosgrove last week. She asked about you."

Mia was a great girl to know. She helped people whenever she could. It was a shame that I lost many good people because of my parents.

I sigh. "Do you want to go late night shopping with me on Thursday?"

Cindy smiles. "Yeah, this way I get to know my sister in law. We should as Lauren to come with us."

Cindy pulls out her phone and she walks into the lounge room.

I look at Jensen. "I'm going to put my stuff in my bedroom. Can you order dinner?"

"What do you want?" Jensen asks.

"It's your choice." I pick up my handbag and head to my room.

In my room I pull out the yellow envelope with my Grandparents Will in it and I put it in my t-shirt draw.

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

Let me know what you think of the current chapter of The Unwanted Bride.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro