501 - 510

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Chapter 501: Pampering Her Like A Biological Sister

If she could get more high-quality spices from so many Ten Thousand Fragrance Wood, even if she didn't get any more Azure Wood, Feng Qing would still be a popular person in the Fragrance world. At that time, countless famous fragrance masters would want to ask her for some Azure Wood.

Feng Jianing grabbed the tattered piece of wood in her hand. Her red nails, which she had carefully painted last night, dug into the piece of wood. She didn't even care that her nails had been cut.

She very much suspected that Feng Qing was scheming against her. There were clearly one to two hundred pieces of Ten Thousand Fragrance Wood here, so why did Feng Qing choose a piece of waste? If Feng Qing hadn't chosen this piece of waste, she wouldn't have spent 2.5 million to snatch it. The more she thought about it, the more convinced she was that her guess was right. After sensing that someone was staring at her, Feng Qing turned around and found Feng Jianing staring at her with fire spewing from her eyes. If looks could kill, Feng Qing would have already been burnt to ashes.

Feng Qing still smiled. "Jianing, I have to say that your envious and jealous look is really ugly."

If not for the fact that there were too many people around, Feng Jianing would definitely make a move. However, the angry flames didn't completely devour her rationality. In the end, she still endured it.

After seeing so many people surrounding the area, Charles walked over from afar. After understanding the situation from the surrounding people, he said to Feng Jianing, "Why are you so willful? I've already told you that this piece of Ten Thousand Fragrance Wood looks good, but it's actually not good. Why didn't you listen?"

Feng Jianing gritted her teeth tightly. Looking at the big piece of Azure wood in Feng Qing's hand, she was very indignant. It was fine if she bought a useless piece of wood for nothing, but why was Feng Qing so lucky to be able to get a top-grade piece of Azure wood?

Turning to look at Charles, Feng Jianing said with a look of indignation, "With this piece of Azure wood, Feng Qing will definitely be able to make a superb perfume in the finals. She will definitely get a very good ranking."

Charles fell silent for a moment and said, "You're thinking too simply. If it's so simple to mix perfume, then doesn't that mean that anyone can win the championship with the Azure wood? Whether the perfume is good or not depends on the person. The spices and equipment are only the hardware conditions. If her perfume technique is not good, it's meaningless even if she had a ton of Azure wood. However, she will definitely be in the limelight. After all, it's the Azure wood."

In fact, there was something else he had not said. With this piece of Azure wood, not only would Feng Qing shine in the grand finals, but she would also become famous in the entire Fragrance world. Anyone who paid attention to perfume would know her name as someone who possessed the largest piece of Azure wood in the world.

Now, the news that Feng Qing had bought the Ten Thousand Fragrance Wood and gotten the Azure wood must have been spread by someone. Without needing to wait until tomorrow morning, this matter would spread throughout the entirety of Bali. When the Fragrance Competition came, she would only get more attention.

Looking at the smug Feng Qing, Feng Jianing felt extreme hatred in her heart. She couldn't bear to see Feng Qing in the limelight because Feng Qing's glorious appearance would make her pale in comparison. This was something she couldn't accept.

Hmph, Feng Qing, that little slut. She's really lucky. It's really strange that she could encounter such a good thing that only happens once in a hundred years. Feng Jianing scolded fiercely in her heart. She decided that she must shame Feng Qing in the competition. Even with the help of the Azure wood, she would only become a joke.

After unintentionally obtaining a treasure like the Azure wood, Feng Qing lost the intention to continue shopping. Hence, she brought the Azure wood out of the building.

Feng Qing looked at Xing Yue and said, "I feel ill at ease for you to spend so much money on me."

Xing Yue smiled disapprovingly. "You're regarding me as an outsider. I only bought this little stuff, it's not even presentable."

Hearing him say this, Feng Qing could only smile. Her smile was like the spring wind brushing against her face. Her large eyes were bright and filled with a sweet honey, making Xing Yue feel comfortable.

Feng Qing smiled, but she felt very strange in her heart. Although Xing Yue treated her very well, the better he treated her, the less she felt like she liked Xing Yue. She didn't even have a thought of it. The thing that puzzled her the most was that she could not find any hint of desire in Xing Yue's gaze when he looked at her. Feng Qing had observed it very carefully. Xing Yue's eyes were clear and bright without a hint of impurity.

He felt like a biological brother looking at his younger sister. "That's strange. Doesn't Brother Xing Yue have Tessa as his sister? Why does he dote on her like she's his sister?" Feng Qing was puzzled.

Chapter 502: It's The Thought That

After thinking for a while, she took out a small bottle of pink perfume from her pocket. "Brother Xing Yue, this bottle of perfume was made when I was practicing. In order to express my gratitude to you, I'll give it to you. I hope you don't mind."

Before she could finish, Xing Yue took the perfume. Of course he would like it, how could he despise it? Just as he brought the perfume to his nose to smell it, someone came up behind him.

"Feng Qing, my brother bought so many things for you and spent so much money. Aren't you a little too petty to use a small bottle of perfume as a return gift?" Tessa said unhappily.

Xing Yue raised his eyebrows. "Tessa, there's an old saying in Xia country: 'It's the thought that counts'. In my opinion, this perfume that Qingqing made is definitely worth more than the money I spent. No, it should be much more expensive than the things I bought for her."

Seeing that he was so protective of Feng Qing, Tessa snorted unhappily. "That's what you think, I don't think such a small bottle of perfume is worth much." Just now on the ninth floor, she had witnessed the entire time how Xing Yue doted on Feng Qing and had been buying things for Feng Qing, making her extremely unhappy. Xing Yue had never treated her like this. If Feng Qing had also returned something valuable, she would not have said anything. However, Feng Qing wanted to dismiss Xing Yue with a small bottle of lousy perfume. So she really could not stand it anymore.

Now I seriously suspect that Brother Xing Yue has been bewitched by Feng Qing. Otherwise, how could he be so good to her? Tessa thought.

At this moment, a horn sounded. A black luxury car stopped beside Feng Qing. Netherworld was sitting in the car and looking at them through his mask.

Feng Qing smiled and said, "Miss Tessa, you're right. My perfume is indeed not worth much. Even the materials and packaging are only ten yuan in total, but this perfume's price in the international black market is at least two million per bottle. Moreover, it's priceless." After saying that, she looked at Xing Yue and said, "Your brother is right about one thing. Giving others something is not to compare the prices of the gifts, but to compare who is more thoughtful. Therefore, it's fine as long as Brother Xing Yue likes this bottle of perfume." With that, Feng Qing waved goodbye to Xing Yue again and turned to sit in the luxury car, ignoring Tessa the entire time.

Watching the black car drive away, Xing Yue took a deep breath. He opened the perfume bottle and sprayed a few times in the air in front of him. Instantly, a fragrance that made one's heart flutter entered his nostrils. There was the fragrance of hundreds of flowers blooming, and there was the beautiful tone of the primitive forest. The sandalwood fragrance, which was as strong as the sun, was very compatible with Xing Yue's sunny face.

As he felt the beauty of the perfume, Xing Yue's lips curled up. He liked this smell too much. This was the first time he had smelled such a pleasant perfume.

Tessa naturally smelled it as the perfume was sprayed in the air. Although she was also conquered by the fragrance, she could not help but frown. Moreover, her eyes were in deep thought because she seemed to have smelled this fragrance before.

In the car, Feng Qing and Netherworld were sitting in the back row. Netherworld's voice was a little cold as he said, "What did you give Xing Yue just now?"

Feng Qing replied, "My handmade perfume, why?"

Behind the mask, the man licked his lips. The word 'unhappy' was written all over his face. He wished he could turn around and look for Xing Yue so that he could obediently hand over the perfume. It wasn't that he was petty, but Feng Qing had never given him perfume. Along the way, Netherworld exuded a gloomy aura. She took out her phone and took a look. On her social media app, Xing Yue had just updated a post. There was a photo of a perfume with a comment. "This is the best perfume I've ever smelled. It's the best."

Netherworld gritted his teeth. "Alright, Xing Yue. I'll let you be smug for a while. When I see you next time, I'll definitely snatch the perfume back. This woman is mine, and everything about her is mine, including the things she's given away."

Half an hour later, the car stopped at the entrance of the hotel. Feng Qing pushed the door open and retracted her leg after taking a step out. She turned to look at Netherworld and said, "Oh yeah, wait for a while more. I have something for you." Netherworld did not speak and only nodded coldly. In fact, behind the mask, the corners of her lips curled up slightly. Seeing that he had agreed, Feng Qing did not hesitate anymore. She pushed the door open and got out of the car before running into the hotel.

It turned out that the perfume she had given Xing Yue was made during her usual practice. She had only coincidentally brought a bottle with her today, so she gave it to him. The thing she was going upstairs to take was specially made for Netherworld.

Chapter 503: A Familiar Smell

After Feng Qing left, the sinister aura on Netherworld's body dissipated a lot. Even the driver of the Presidential Manor felt that the atmosphere had improved a lot. He looked at Netherworld in the rearview mirror. His mood seemed to have improved a lot because Feng Qing wanted to give him something.

After about ten minutes, Feng Qing jogged out of the hotel door again. She handed a green bag through the car window. Just looking at the bag made Netherworld feel that the thing inside was definitely much heavier than the bottle of perfume.

Netherworld took the bag and took out a large crystal bottle. With just a look, his expression froze.

Feng Qing stood in front of the car window and said, "Hold it steady. In order to make this hair nutrient solution for you, I've spent a lot of effort. This thing is very simple and easy to use. Apply it evenly to the bald spot every day and don't wash it. Just apply it to sleep like this and use it for seven days, you'll see the effect."

Netherworld: "..."

Feng Qing blinked her big eyes at the man. Because of the golden mask, she couldn't see the man's expression at all.

"There's no need to thank me. You became bald from the corrosion of the Crimson Snow because you were protecting me, so this bottle of hair nutrient solution can be considered my gratitude to you. This way, the two of us will be even," Feng Qing explained. Previously, when she had a nightmare and dreamed of Xie Jiuhan's bald appearance, it had simply dealt a huge blow and stimulation to her. Therefore, she immediately made this bottle of hair-growing nutrient solution for Netherworld. She only hoped that through this method, she could give herself a psychological hint that she would never dream of the bald Xie Jiuhan again.

Otherwise, it would be too scary when she dreams of Xie Jiuhan's bald appearance again. Moreover, she couldn't see Xie Jiuhan these few days when she's in Bali.

Just as Feng Qing was sending the hair nutrient solution, in the Presidential Manor in Country F, Xing Yue exited the President's office. His originally sunny and handsome face was a little gloomy. That day at the shooting range, Madam Mingxue was attacked. After some investigation, there was finally news today. It turned out that all the assassins lying in ambush at the shooting range that day were arranged by Madam Mingxue. After knowing this news, Xing Yue's mood instantly turned ugly. First, she arranged for killers to attack her, then she asked him to give the Duke's Manor an explanation. Clearly, Madam Mingxue was targeting him, and in targeting him, she was also targeting the Presidential Manor. In short, she was targeting his adoptive father.

Just now, he had reported this information to his adoptive father, but his adoptive father told him not to worry. It looked like she was targeting them, but it was actually Madam Mingxue and the current Imperial Concubine fighting in the open and in the dark. He even instructed him to maintain a neutral stance and not offend either side. He would wait and see.

Afraid that he would be bored, the President even gave him a new mission and asked him to take full responsibility for the security of the International Fragrance Competition finals. Originally, this was not a big deal. He was still capable of taking on a mere security job, but the President told him that mistakes had to be made in this security work. If he performed too well, it would very likely attract the attention of the Imperial Concubine, and that was the result the President did not want to see.

Standing at the entrance of the Presidential Manor, Xing Yue raised his head and looked at the sky. He couldn't help but take a deep breath. He couldn't suppress the frustration in his heart. The President wanted him to do his job well but didn't want him to do it too well. What kind of job was this?

Having grown up beside his adoptive father, he knew his adoptive father's personality all too well. He was a powerful figure who absolutely liked to manipulate the authorities, and he even didn't have many opponents in the entire Country F. However, this kind of slick and mediocre approach had never been what he liked. In his opinion, black was black, and white was white. If he wanted to mediate among many forces and maintain a good relationship with every force, it was tantamount to not having a position and opinion. He even had a lot of considerations when doing things, just like now, he was timid and restrained.

Xing Yue took out the perfume Feng Qing had given him from his pocket, opened the lid, and sprayed it on his wrist. Accompanied by the cool wind, a pleasant fragrance entered his nostrils.

Xing Yue closed his eyes and admired it carefully. He analyzed the perfume on his wrist layer by layer from the tone, top note, and the after tone. However, just as the after tone was about to disappear, he was slightly stunned because he smelled a very familiar smell.

"This is? Mom's smell?" Xing Yue muttered.

After a short daze, he turned around and ran into the Presidential Manor. He slipped into his room and rummaged through the house for a while before taking out a thin cotton blanket with a urine stain in an ancient wooden box.

Chapter 504: Thief

Xing Yue placed the thin blanket to his nose and sniffed it. Then, he raised his wrist and sniffed carefully. Although the smell on the thin blanket was already very faint, he could still smell that the two smells were very similar.

He had never seen his biological mother before. From the time he could remember, he was already the adopted son of the Presidential Manor. When he reached adulthood, his adoptive father gave him some official position and rights. He used these rights to investigate his background, but after spending many years and manpower, he only found three to four informational videos about his mother. After smelling it a few more times, he firmly remembered the smell on the cotton blanket in his mind. Then, he folded the cotton blanket. According to his adoptive father, this cotton blanket was his swaddling clothes when he was a baby. After the cotton blanket was carefully placed in the ancient wooden box and stuffed some things in, he locked the wooden box.

Walking into his study room, Xing Yue sat on the desk and switched on his computer. In a hidden folder on the computer D drive was all the information about his mother that he had collected over the years. Looking at the blurry video playing in front of him, Xing Yue gradually fell into deep thought. He knew Feng Qing and Feng Jianing and had also spoken to them. Moreover, the two of them were also of the Feng family's bloodline and had some blood ties with him. However, this was also what puzzled him.

When he was with Feng Jianing, she didn't give him any feeling of wanting to be close to her. Instead, he felt uncomfortable. It was this feeling that made him subconsciously feel distant from Feng Jianing. Although he didn't dislike her, he definitely didn't want to interact with her more.

On the other hand, every time he saw Feng Qing and heard her speak, it would always be a pleasure for him. He could not help but feel happy. In the beginning, he thought that this was because of his bloodline, so he invited Charles to bring Feng Jianing to the Presidential Manor to meet her. He also wanted to see Feng Jianing and Tessa become good friends. During this period, Xing Yue even tried to interact with Feng Jianing alone a few times.

However, Feng Jianing always made him feel like he couldn't continue the conversation. When he chatted with Feng Jianing, he had the illusion that he was chatting with the descendant of King F. After a few interactions, he saw through Feng Jianing very clearly. Her heart was filled with vanity and was very thirsty for power, status, and reputation.

After seeing this clearly, Xing Yue gradually distanced himself from Feng Jianing and even deliberately distanced himself from her. He had seen too many people like Feng Jianing. Although Feng Jianing was very polite and modest with him now, if Feng Jianing were to climb higher than him or was at the same position as him, Feng Jianing would immediately change her attitude. It was also common for her to bully those who had a lower status than her.

Most importantly, Xing Yue sensed that when Feng Jianing was in contact with Charles, their relationship was a little too intimate. This made him question their relationship.

Although he had never been to Xia country, he knew a little about Feng Jianing's situation. He knew that Feng Jianing had a boyfriend in Xia country and seemed to be engaged. Therefore, he had questions on Feng Jianing's character too.

A pure innocent girl? The piano princess from Capital University? In Xing Yue's eyes, it was simply a joke. If he had to give an evaluation, Feng Jianing was a female version of the Pirate King!

When they were alone previously, Feng Jianing was confident that Xing Yue had a good impression of her. Therefore, she took the opportunity to climb up the ranks and wanted to do something with Xing Yue. She even seduced him seductively.

Xing Yue took out the perfume from his pocket and sprayed it on himself again. Then, he closed his eyes and enjoyed it for a while. At this moment, his adoptive father called him and asked him to go over again. There was a small mission for him to handle.

However, when he returned to the room, he exploded. The perfume on the table disappeared.

Xing Yue ran to the table and pulled open all the drawers. He looked under the table again, but he still couldn't find the perfume Feng Qing had given him.

Xing Yue looked at the table in disbelief. His eyes swept across the room again. The thing placed under his nose had disappeared just like that?

A thief! A thief must have been here just now. Xing Yue thought with certainty that this person had come in to steal something when he was away. Xing Yue's expression was incomparably gloomy. What kind of thief was so daring to steal things in the Presidential Manor? The Presidential Manor has their things stolen, so this problem could not be ignored.

Chapter 505: Siblings' Argument

After thinking for a while, Xing Yue pressed the button on the table. Just as he was about to order the captain of the security team in charge of the Presidential Manor to come over, he heard the sound of high heels.

Tessa pushed open the half-opened door and said with a happy expression, "Brother, I just discovered a secret. Do you want to know?"

Xing Yue did not speak and only looked at Tessa with a gloomy expression, as if he was waiting for her to continue. Seeing that his expression was not good, Tessa did not dare to keep him in suspense.

"Brother, let me tell you. I took the bottle of perfume Feng Qing gave you and did an appraisal. After Feng Jianing and President Charles's appraisal, that perfume wasn't made by Feng Qing at all, so she lied to you." Tessa said excitedly.

Upon hearing this, Xing Yue's expression changed. "In that case, you took my perfume?"

At first, Tessa looked like she was gloating. She felt that she had exposed Feng Qing's real personality and finally felt like she had stepped on Feng Qing. However, even a fool could see Xing Yue's expression.

Xing Yue stretched out his hand and said firmly, "Hurry up and return the perfume to me!"

Looking at Xing Yue's attitude towards her, Tessa was surprised. She didn't expect Xing Yue to take the crappy perfume Feng Qing gave so seriously, but this made her very unhappy.

Tessa said angrily, "Brother, don't you understand what I'm saying? I've already gotten someone to appraise it just now. This perfume wasn't made by Feng Qing at all. She's lying. She's lying to you. Why do you still care so much about what she gave you?" After saying that, she was afraid that Xing Yue would not listen to her, so she hurriedly said, "Jianing personally told me that this perfume is the work of the current Nine-Star Fragrant Master, YLL. Its name is Strange Fragrance Gentleman, and it is the most recognized and expensive perfume in the world. Feng Qing is only an ordinary contestant and has never even registered as a fragrance master. How can she make such a good perfume? Therefore, it's obvious that she's lying to you."

Listening to Tessa's words, Xing Yue's expression darkened completely. It was the same color as the skin of the Ten Thousand Fragrance Wood on the exhibition. His originally clear eyes had also become vicious, making one feel a chill on their backs.

Reaching out his hand again, Xing Yue ordered, "I order you to return the perfume to me immediately. It doesn't matter to me whether it was concocted by Feng Qing. I only care if it was sent by her. Instead, it's you, Tessa. You were born in the Presidential Manor and grew up in the Presidential Manor. You've learned so much noble etiquette from the members of the royal family, but you don't seem like a President's daughter at all. Have you lost your reservations and humbleness?"

Seeing that he was really angry, Tersa hurriedly explained, "Brother, I'm not..."

Xing Yue didn't give her a chance and interrupted her. "Although I'm your brother, you have to know your limits. You entered my room without my permission and even stole the gift someone gave me. Tessa, you've really impressed me. Is the famous President's daughter, Miss Tessa, actually a thief?" Looking at the furious Xing Yue, Tessa was confused.

Wasn't she here to expose Feng Qing's true colors? Why didn't Xing Yue praise her but instead reprimanded her? This was too much!

Tessa wasn't convinced. "Brother, how can you say that about me? How did I become a thief? It's just a bottle of crappy perfume, and it wasn't made by Feng Qing. I got someone to appraise it for your own good. I just didn't want you to be cheated, but in the end, you criticized me instead. Don't you think you're very stupid?"

Xing Yue took two steps forward and went closer to Tessa. He lowered his body and said with a gloomy expression, "I told you before that I don't care if the thing Feng Qing gave me is expensive. What I care about is the thought. You said that she lied to me and used some Nine-Star Fragrance Master's work to lie to me, but don't you think that being able to give me a perfume made by a Nine-Star Fragrance Master can prove that Feng Qing really treats me as a friend?"

Tessa sneered. "Brother, wake up. Don't think about Feng Qing anymore. You and I both know very well that it's useless even if you like her because she's already married. She's destined to not belong to you and not be yours."

The moment this was said, the corners of Xing Yue's mouth twitched. He said solemnly, "You're mistaken about this matter. I'm good to Qingqing not because I have improper thoughts about her. I just treat her as my younger sister."

Chapter 506: Late Arrival

Tessa looked at Xing Yue in disbelief, her pupils trembling violently. She said with difficulty, "You, what did you say? You treat Feng Qing as your younger sister? Then what about me? Xing Yue, are you crazy? You've only met Feng Qing three times, and you actually treat her as your younger sister? Have you considered me? I beg you to wake up. I'm the daughter of Country F's President. I'm your younger sister. Your younger sister's name is Tessa, not Feng Qing!"

Before she could finish her sentence, Tessa opened the lid of the perfume bottle and raised it high. With a flip of her wrist, she poured the perfume on the ground in front of Xing Yue. The perfume splashed everywhere and a thick fragrance filled the air.

"Stop!" Xing Yue shouted angrily and snatched the perfume bottle from Tessa. However, the bottle was not big, and there was no more perfume inside.

Seeing Xing Yue's expression turn darker and darker, Tessa was instantly afraid. Although she was in the wrong, she was still angry that Xing Yue was so good to Feng Qing and even treated her as his younger sister. This made her even more unconvinced.

"Brother, if you like Master YLL's perfume so much, buy it on the black market. As long as you can afford it, you can buy it. Moreover, it's definitely purer and more real than the perfume Feng Qing gave you." Tessa straightened her neck and said before turning around and running out of the room angrily.

Xing Yue did not stop her or hit her. Instead, he squatted down and touched the ground that was gradually drenched by the perfume. The entire room was filled with a thick perfume smell, but in a few hours, this fragrance would dissipate.

Xing Yue's expression was very ugly, and his mood hit rock bottom. He was rich and could buy the exact same perfume from the black market, but that was not what he wanted. He wanted the bottle of perfume Feng Qing had given him.

A week later, the grand International Fragrance Competition began outside the Bali Palace. Fragranceers from all over the world gathered to watch this grand event.

Walking onto the temporary stage, the host said enthusiastically, "Dear contestants, please pay attention. The competition is about to start. Please go to your tables and make your final preparations."

At this moment, a person rushed in with a sorting box in his arms. She squeezed through the crowd and said that she was late because she had overslept.

Feng Qing subconsciously turned around and saw Feng Jianing walking towards the competition ground with an apologetic look. Seeing her appear, many members of the audience let out surprised sounds.

Seeing this scene, the host could only stop talking. He found the organizers to check the box in Feng Jianing's arms and tested her qualifications before sending her to a spare table.

After seeing that she had successfully passed the inspection and could continue to participate in the finals, many contestants started discussing

"What's going on? Wasn't she disqualified? Why can she participate in the finals?".

"Didn't you guys see? What she showed just now is the competition certificate for the outstanding representative of the world's personal perfume brand. According to the competition's rules, ten to twenty outstanding personal perfume brand representatives from all over the world can be chosen to participate in the competition, so it's not against the rules for her to participate again with this identity."

"It's indeed not against the rules. I heard that obtaining this certificate is very difficult. It's ten times harder than obtaining the qualifications for the grand finals. I reckon that Feng Jianing is definitely capable. She created a personal brand at such a young age."

"Bah, capable? I think she must have used some unknown method. Otherwise, no matter how good her perfume is, it's useless. Her character is problematic." After arriving at the spare table, Feng Jianing took a few deep breaths and ignored the other contestants.

Instead, she slowly opened the sorting box. The reason why she was late today was because she was waiting for this sorting box. She specially got someone to mail it from other countries thousands of kilometers away.

To others, being late would be embarrassing, but to Feng Jianing, being late was what she wanted. This was because being late could allow her to receive more attention. If she suddenly attended the competition in this way, it would definitely attract everyone's attention. Not only would the judges look at her a few more times, but even the contestants would discuss her.

It couldn't be helped. She was born to like the feeling of being the center of attention and the focus of attention, so she had felt that she deserved to enjoy flowers and applause under the spotlight since she was young.

Chapter 507: Extra Ingredient

The Jin City Hall on the periphery of the Bali Palace was chosen as the home ground for the finals for this year's International Fragrance Competition. The competition venue was divided into two areas, one was the competition area, and the other was the audience area. As for the audience area, it was divided into another three areas. The seats closest to the front belonged to the Country F's royal family and the heavyweight guests in the political scene. The seats slightly behind were sold to the rich businessmen, and the outermost area was all free. The invited people were all ordinary citizens of Bali.

As the richest man in Country F and the only Duke of Country F, Duke Raymond naturally sat in the first row. Sitting on his left were the President's adopted son, Xing Yue, and Netherworld, who were attending as special guests. Behind them were politicians and members of the royal family. In order to watch Feng Jianing's competition, Feng Yuanzhou and Fu Anlan specially rushed over from Xia country. In order to see more clearly, they specially spent a huge sum of money to buy the seats in the middle. If not for Feng Jianing repeatedly revealing that the possibility of her winning the championship was very high on the phone, the two of them would not have come here, much less spend money to buy seats. Other than watching the competition when he came to Country F, Feng Yuanzhou had many other thoughts. For example, he wanted to walk around Bali more and know some of the more famous perfume factories. Cao Beining, who was sitting beside them, had similar thoughts.

Cao Beining looked at the stage as he sat on a chair. When he saw Feng Jianing, his eyes shone with a scorching light. Ever since Feng Jianing arrived in Country F, their contact had decreased.

Previously in Xia country, his virginity was given to Feng Jianing after she pushed him down. He initially wanted to taste the forbidden fruit a few more times, but because she had to participate in the competition, Feng Jianing left. Now, as long as he recalled Feng Jianing's coquettish appearance on the bed, his heart would itch.

In fact, he had come to Bali two days earlier than the Feng couple. He wanted to call Feng Jianing out to have a bout, but Feng Jianing rejected him with the excuse that she was focused on preparing for the competition. However, not only did she not let him eat her, but she also deliberately said some provocative words to Cao Beining, completely seducing the evil fire in his heart. Helpless, Cao Beining could only immerse himself in Bali's red light district for the past two days. There were beauties from all over the world, satisfying his vigorous desire.

However, when he saw Feng Jianing now, his heart started to itch again. He no longer cared about the results of the competition. He wished that the competition would immediately end so that he could pull Feng Jianing to the hotel to fight for three days and three nights.

In the competition venue, after the host was impassioned for a while, he announced the perfume proposition for the finals: "Season."

"I know that everyone is very surprised, because the topic of making perfume on the spot today is the same as the topic released by the International Fragrance Alliance the previous time. Everyone, listen carefully. Although the topic is the same, the organizing committee's request is that all the contestants can't make the same perfume as before. It also means that under the same topic, the contestants have to make a second perfume that suits the topic, 'Season'." The host racked his brains to make everyone understand.

Upon hearing this, many contestants frowned. Creating two different perfumes around a common topic and making it on the spot was really unexpected.

The corners of Feng Jianing's mouth curled up into a smile. She was the first person who went to the area where the committee provided spices and prepared to choose the spices she wanted to use for her perfume.

What everyone did not notice was that while she was picking the spices one by one, her right pinky trembled from time to time. Some unknown powder that was hidden under her fake nails fell into some of the main spices.

When Feng Jianing did all of this, her expression was very natural. Although this action was simple, she had practiced it a few times in advance. She wanted to give the contestants behind her a surprise, so she added some extra ingredients.

What Feng Jianing didn't expect was that although she thought that she had done it flawlessly and no one could see the problem, there was a pair of eyes that had been staring intently at her little finger. It was none other than Feng Qing. Only in Feng Qing's eyes, this little move she made was too inferior.

The reason why Feng Jianing did this was to ensure that she could successfully obtain the final champion. Therefore, it was still very good to tamper with the spices and eliminate some people through this method.

Chapter 508: Stop The Competition

When it was Feng Qing's turn to retrieve the spices, she directly avoided the few spices that Feng Jianing had tampered with. When she was about to turn around, her elbow was touched. Fortunately, her reaction was extremely fast, so she could ensure that the spice didn't fall to the ground. Feng Qing frowned and looked over. Only then did she realize that the person who had bumped into her was Feng Jianing. What made her feel disgusted was that Feng Jianing didn't even look at her and pretended that nothing had happened, as if it was an accident that she had bumped into her just now.

Seeing that she didn't succeed, Feng Jianing ignored Feng Qing and directly turned around to walk back to her table. Feng Qing reached out to touch her pocket and realized that there was a plastic round box inside. It looked like a powder cake.

Putting the little round box back into her pocket, Feng Qing looked at Feng Jianing, who had just returned to the table. Her eyes couldn't help but narrow slightly, and a hint of mockery appeared on her lips. With her intelligence, how could she not understand Feng Jianing's thoughts?

As expected, as the competition progressed, many contestants had already failed. All of them were either exclaiming in surprise or in disbelief. Originally, there was no one with a 100% success rate in making perfume. Even a Nine-Star Fragrance Master couldn't guarantee that he would succeed every time he made perfume, so it was normal to fail. However, this was a competition after all. According to the competition rules, every time the contestants failed, their points would be deducted.

Ten minutes passed, and many contestants failed to mix the perfume. Some of the perfume was black, and the smell was completely wrong. Some of the perfume's color was problematic, and there were even some that looked like cotton.

Three, six, nine. In the end, even the top three contestants in the preliminaries failed to mix the perfume. They thought that since the materials used were different, the result after everyone failed was also different. However, most of the failed perfumes would have cotton-like substances, making people feel disgusted.

Finally, Charles and Angus, who were sitting on the platform, stood up. Looking at the chaotic situation on the field, they both felt that something was wrong. Charles instructed the staff to retrieve the batch of perfume that the contestants had failed to mix just now, as well as the formula for the contestants' perfume. He wanted to see with his own eyes what was going on. However, when he and Angus finished looking at the failed perfume and the corresponding formula, they frowned. Angus held a perfume formula and said, "That's strange. It shouldn't be. Most people use relatively common spices. If we mix according to these recipes, this wouldn't happen at all."

Charles nodded, agreeing with Angus's judgment, so he instructed the staff of the competition team. "Take some people and check what's going on and why this happened."

After another ten minutes, the staff ran back and whispered into Charles and Angus's ears. In a very low voice, he told them the result of the investigation.

In the audience area, Xing Yue stood up from his chair. He looked at Netherworld and Duke Raymond. "I just received news that the Imperial Concubine will be here soon." With that, he adjusted his white military uniform and walked out with his head held high.

Netherworld sat there without moving. His eyes behind the golden mask were fixed on the activity on the podium. He saw all the changes in Charles and Angus's expressions. At this moment, Angus stood up again. He took the microphone and said, "All contestants, please pay attention and stop all your operations immediately. Also, stand on the spot and don't walk around. After the competition's organizing committee's investigation, we found that someone is suspected to have brought prohibited items into the competition grounds. Now, we want to re-examine every contestant. Please cooperate actively. I'm deeply sorry for the unhappiness."

Upon hearing Angus's words, the entire venue erupted in discussion. All the contestants switched off their various perfume equipment and stopped the perfume they were brewing.

"What's going on? This is the hall of the Jin City outside the palace. Who has the guts to bring in prohibited items?"

"The competition has set the rules long ago. Anyone who participates in the competition with prohibited goods will be immediately disqualified no matter their reasons. Moreover, their fragrance master qualification would be revoked and be banned from participating in any competitions related to perfume for the rest of their lives. They will even face a huge fine from the International Fragrance Alliance."

"What you're saying is secondary. According to Country F's local safety law, anyone who carries contraband in the palace will be sentenced to prison for at least five years!"

Chapter 509: The Imperial Concubine Arrives

As soon as Angus finished speaking, a group of fully armed soldiers surrounded the entire competition area. These people were all in charge of the palace's daily safety. When they heard that someone had brought prohibited things into the palace, they immediately became vigilant.

Seeing such a scene, all the contestants' expressions changed. The unique murderous aura of the soldiers filled the entire scene, making everyone tremble with fear.

At the same time, another team walked in. When they saw that it was the royal guards, Charles and Angus hurriedly walked down the platform to welcome them.

"Look, it's Imperial Concubine Anna!" In the audience area, many members of the audience watched as the royal guards stood up. They all looked at Imperial Concubine Anna, who was walking in the middle, through the dense crowd.

Imperial Concubine Anna was the only official concubine of Country F's current King. She had a deep relationship with the King. Even the Queen could not compare to her relationship with the King.

Feng Qing narrowed her eyes as she sized up Imperial Concubine Anna. She had the standard Western woman's face. A deep-set eyes, a hooked nose, very fair skin, and long light golden hair. If Feng Qing remembered correctly, when Imperial Concubine Anna was her age, she had participated in the World Beauty pageant and even won the competition. After she became famous overnight, she relied on her outstanding appearance to take root in the entertainment industry. In current words, Imperial Concubine Anna was the most popular person of that era.

Many beautiful love started with a beautiful encounter. This was how Imperial Concubine Anna and the King of Country F met and fell in love. After officially marrying into the royal family, she gave up her career and became an imperial concubine in peace.

Although Imperial Concubine Anna was already more than 40 years old, she had maintained herself very well. Her skin was tight, white, and smooth, looking like she was in her thirties.

Today, Imperial Concubine Anna was wearing a white wool coat, a white felt hat, a pair of black tight pants, and a pair of extremely eye-catching red high heels. Imperial Concubine Anna was very casual in her clothes and would never specially dress herself up for any occasion. However, it was precisely this casual style that formed a unique style in the fashion industry. Moreover, it had been regarded by the netizens as the trendsetter in the fashion industry for the past few years.

Under the protection of the royal guards, Imperial Concubine Anna walked into the competition venue and asked Charles, "I just arrived here and I heard that someone brought contraband into the palace?" With that, she turned around and looked around before continuing, "The International Fragrance Competition has been held in the palace dozens of times, but this is the first time someone has dared to do this. According to the rules of the competition, anyone who cheats or plagiarizes will be disqualified from the competition and expelled from the palace. They will also be revoked of their fragrance master credentials. Such a person will also become the shame of the entire Fragrance world."

Charles replied, "Imperial Concubine Anna, up until now, no cheating or plagiarizing contestants have been found. However, the staff of the competition just investigated and found that someone brought in contraband and mixed it in some of the spices provided by the committee. Therefore, many contestants failed in a row."

With that said, Imperial Concubine Anna did not react. The ones who reacted the most strongly were the contestants who had failed in making the perfume. Only then did they understand what had happened. "It turns out that it's such a contraband, not a bomb or gun."

"That person's simply shameless. He actually dares to tamper with the spices provided by the committee. Such a person is not qualified to participate at all, much less be a perfume maker. No matter who this person is, they must expel him from the palace and revoke his fragrance master credentials forever!"

"No wonder I failed a few times just now. At first, I suspected that there was a problem with the spices, but when I thought that the spices would be uniformly made by the committee, I didn't think much of it. I've practiced the formula at home more than fifty times. How can it fail consecutively?"

Listening to the contestants' discussions, Imperial Concubine Anna raised her eyebrows. "How daring. Such a thing actually happened in such a fair and serious competition. Such behavior is really shocking." With that, she turned to look at Xing Yue, who was beside her, and instructed, "You have full responsibility for this matter. You must find out who tampered with it. I must make this person pay the price!"

Chapter 510: Who Should I Ask?

Xing Yue placed one arm in front of his chest and bowed slightly to the Imperial Concubine. Then, he ordered the ten guards to enter the venue for a check. As most of the contestants were not from Country F, even if he found that person, Xing Yue could not punish him on the spot. He could only detain him first and inform the person in the embassy to solve the problem.

To the F countrymen, perfume was their country's tradition with a long history. In the hearts of all the F countrymen, perfume was a very honorable and holy business. Therefore, if anyone dared to insult and blaspheme this profession, they would be denounced by all the F countrymen. Therefore, such a thing happening was nothing in other countries, but in Country F, it was a very serious matter. It would not be excessive to say that it was a diplomatic career.

Very quickly, under Xing Yue's command, the ten guards started to search all the contestants one by one. Xing Yue firmly believed in one sentence: if you don't want people to know, then don't do it. There would definitely be some clues on these people.

Feng Jianing raised her hands and even spun around to dig out all the pockets on her body. There was a faint smile on her face, and she appeared to be very cooperative with the royal guards' work.

After confirming that she had no problems, the royal guards went to search the next person. Feng Jianing turned around and looked at Feng Qing with anticipation. The schadenfreude in her eyes was almost uncontrollable.

As expected, after a search, the royal guard found two things from Feng Qing's shirt pocket: a red coral ring and a small round box.

Seeing these two things being taken out, the corners of Feng Qing's lips curled up slightly. She also raised her head. Compared to the little round box, she was more concerned about the ring that Madam Mingxue had given her. After all, that ring represented the highest authority in the entire Blood Demon Group.

Looking at the royal guard checking the red coral ring, Feng Qing didn't have any expression on her face, but she was a little embarrassed in her heart. After all, the ring belonged to the underworld. If it was held by the officials, wouldn't it be a little...

Fortunately, the royal guard only looked at it before placing the red coral ring down. Then, he picked up the small plastic box and observed it for a while. "What is this?"

Seeing that he had finally asked, Feng Qing shrugged. "If you ask me, who should I ask?"

Hearing her answer the question, the royal guard was slightly stunned. Then, his expression froze. "Nonsense, this was found in your pocket. If you don't know, who will know?" At this moment, the tone of the royal guard was very stiff. It was completely different from before, and their eyes were filled with vigilance as they looked at Feng Qing.

Feng Qing still raised her head and said without fear, "You're really unreasonable. Why should I know what it is when it's taken out of my pocket? How can you be sure that this thing is definitely mine?"

The royal guard was speechless for a long time. He felt that Feng Qing's words were very strange, but he didn't know what to say. After all, what she said seemed to make sense.

After seeing what was going on, Charles walked over. The royal guard handed the little round box to Charles. Charles twisted the box open and found a box of brown powder. He brought the little round box close to his nose and sniffed.

"This is a solid sedative, and it's been purified. When this thing is mixed with the spice, it will immediately melt and permeate into the spice particles. There wasn't any problems usually, but as long as it's heated, a series of chemical changes will be produced. If it comes to water again, it will form a clot." Charles shared his judgment.

At this moment, Xing Yue also walked over. Charles handed the small round box and the red coral ring to him. Xing Yue didn't care much about the small round box. Instead, he was attracted by the inconspicuous red coral ring.

Xing Yue's eyes widened. "This, this is the Blood Demon Ring?!" As soon as he finished speaking, he carefully looked at the red coral ring a few times. He even looked at the sunlight for a long time and thought in disbelief, "This is something that countless top factions are crazily fighting for. How can it be here? Wherever this thing is, there will be a rain of blood."

He said the rest in his heart because he couldn't imagine how he could see such a thing in the International Fragrance Competition and how it was casually found by a royal guard. Looking at the royal guard, Xing Yue asked, "What's the situation with this ring?"

The royal guard replied, "I found it on a contestant just now, but I think that compared to this, that little round box seems more suspicious."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro