1- It's Confirm

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

So here is the first chapter people.

The song above is DIMPLE by BTS, it was too sweet to resist. 

The chapter is dedicated to GAP1999 for her constant support for me and a new amazing person  met bloomatdusk , I already like you girl then again whats not to like.

--------------------------x--------------------

Its confirm. I am totally, completely, eye-poppingly, seriously, ground breaking passionately, badly, and crazily in a love-hate relationship with high school parties.

I hate them because –

High school parties = Loud Music + Drunk Teenagers

I, herby rest my case, My Lord.

What? Throw in some bold moves and they are the perfect recipe of disaster.

But I love them too, why? Because they serve as a perfect setting for my cupid games.

BINGO!

Yes, you guessed it right. Yes, I am a Wing woman. Yes, I can get you any guy you want. Yes, I take money in return of my services. And NO I don't sell relationships.

You, see I have few rules, which makes my work more respectable.

RULE 1 – Let the girl know what she is getting into, i.e. everything about the person she wants to date.

RULE 2 – Never hand over a innocent girl to a player or a bimbo to a naïve boy.

RULE 3- 2 months in there relationship, I will tell the boy that I was playing cupid.

And, I am not joking when I tell you that the 3rd rule is the toughest to follow through and I have bunch of different reaction I have seen during my different projects.

But that's an entirely different story for an entirely different time.

My monologue was broken when a guy bumped into me.

"Hey easy there dude?" I call out to him but his eyes were fixated to a girl across the makeshift bar and he kept on walking towards her like the rest of the world around him didn't exist. And when he finally reached the girl, the look in eyes can be clearly read as that of a lovesick puppy.

And you know what that means: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

This is my 68th successful mission, and I have completed it in record 1 week. I did a mental happy dance and proceeded to walk out of this horrid party.

I slid in the passenger seat of my jeep. Yes, I own a jeep, don't look so shock. I take off my death trap aka heels and toss them in the backseat.

I drive towards my house, in perfect silence of my car. But my mind was in total chaos. My mind reeled back to one question that has been asked to me a dozen of times, and people were never satisfied by my answer.

Many people have asked me why I play cupid.

You see, there was this boy, I liked with my whole being ....... He was everything I had and he left me....blah ..........blah........blah.....dude no cliché story here.

I match make because it makes me happy. Period.

I know ... I am not one for philosophical shit.

--x--

I reach home and went straight to my room. I try to stay very quite, don't want my parents to wake now, do I? I tip-toed to my room, I was just about to open my door when I heard a throat clearing. I froze.

"Do I need to ask or you are going do it?" said the one and only pop pilot aka my dad. I turned at lightning speed and launched myself in the direction of his open arms. He picked me up and twirled me around, in same one way he has been doing since I was small.

You see my dad and I super close literally like friends. I tell him everything, and he listen to with utmost attention. But from past few years he have been very busy with his business and spends months out of the towns. So it was a surprise for me to see him home.

I squealed when he put me down. "Come on I know you don't eat anything at those god awful parties. I know we have some leftovers, I could reheat them for you." My dad asked, not even waiting for me and tugging my wrist towards the kitchen.

We got into the kitchen he switched on the lights and rummaged in fridge for the left over's. I on the other hand made my way towards the kitchen counter and made my self comfortable on it. It's been my habit since childhood; I always sit on the counter.

Dad turned around with a plate of pasta and shook his head when he sees me on the counter. He puts the plate into the oven and proceeded to collect the ingredients for hot chocolate.

As he made the hot chocolate I swung my legs and humming a BTS song under my breath. The oven dinged and I moved from my heaven on the counter and and took out the plate of pasta and started eating while feeding my dad few spoons in between.

"So, where was my little cupid?" Dad asked, "Pop pilot what does a cupid do, obviously matchmaking." I replied, flipping my hair for added dramatics. But my face quickly dissolved into giggles and soon my dad also followed. That was something common between me and dad we always laugh over nothing. It's kinda our thing.

"What are you doing up this late at night?" I asked him when I have calmed down and he went rigid. It was now that I noticed that he was in a formal shirt and pants. I quickly realized what it meant and my mood dipped.

"You are leaving early?" I tried to make my voice strong and not let the tears slip. But he is my pop pilot how I can hide something from him. He hugged me close to him and I let out deep breaths to control my breathing. I hate it when my dad has to leave.

"Honey, I promise I will be back and this time I will not leave the house for as long as you don't get tired of this old man." He told me and looked up, raising my pinkie finger, he laughed and linked his pinkie with mine.

That was our promise. And we are not allowed to break it.

--x--

After bidding farewell to my father and locking the front door, I realized that I still haven't changed out of my dress. Too restless to go to sleep, I decide to shower and get some work done. I mentally thanked my lucky star when I realized that  tomorrow in Sunday.

I changed into shorts and a t-shirt and moved towards the room adjacent to mine: a.k.a. My Study.

My study is my sanctuary. There are days I don't come out of this room, just staring outside the balcony or just lie down on the couch reading one of the hundreds book I have. Or just listen to BTS and have my personal concert.

My house is three storied house with terrace and lawn. The ground floor with kitchen and guest rooms, the second floor with my parent's room, a spare room and my moms study.

The top floor is mine. There are two rooms, my bed room and one I have turned into my study. I do all my matchmaking stuff here and all my research as well. Oops I forget to tell you, I work at a law firm along with my mom who's a lawyer, my work there was as a person who go around places and help in surveys. It was a summer part time job, but they were impressed by my work and decided to keep me.

Not to gloat, my people skills are very good.

I settled on my swirl chair, switched on my laptop. I don't even have the count of how many extra shifts I have taken at the firm to save up for my love, my laptop.

As soon I opened my mail and soon  found my inbox filled with either work related things or request for me to play cupid. Mostly the latter.

I was scrolling down , trying to choose whom to help first when suddenly my eyes fell on a familiar name , I instantly clicked on her name and impatiently waited for the my slow browser to load the mail.

It took me completing two Oreos for it to open up. I quickly read her mail.

Dear Alex,

I haven't contacted to you in a long time and neither have I replied to your mails. And when I am finally mailing you it's to ask for a favor. I know that it doesn't paint a very good picture of me as a friend but I also know that you won't be mad at me, disappointed but not mad.

I apologize for that. But I promise I  will come and visit as soon as I can.

The favor I was talking about is that I want you too set up my cousin with a nice girl. He had a rough time not long before. And I don't want him to be alone anymore. This much loneliness is not good for him . He has never dated a girl before. And he is very innocent, so I am afraid that some bitch will take advantage of him. And who knows these girls better than you?

Please, I know you don't work from the guy's side but please just this time. I owe you a big time.

Sandra xoxo,

Your slightly off track best friend.

PS- I have attached his photo and some details with the mail. He is in your school so I hope you don't find much trouble reaching him.

I opened the attachment, my mind already reeling with all the girls I could set him up with.

Name - Benjamin Austin Sanders

Nickname - Ben

Age - 19

Birth date - 19 September 2000

Noticeable traits - Shy, emotional, hard to read, don't trust easily as he recently lost an important person.

Okay, Ben sounds more complicated then I thought. He is cute so I won't have trouble finding a girl who is interested. But on the other hand looking at his description I  thought how girls will be able to handle him? Like what the heck has Sandra written, emotional yet hard read. Now she has to find a girl who can understand him and be patient. Ugh Sandra Collins you will be the death of me.

After a moment of debating, I thought that I should first get know what kind of guy he his then I will decide what to do next.

Benjamin Austin Sanders , Be ready!  you are my next mission. And this is a promise from Alexina Ace Cooper, you wouldn't be alone for long.

Ben, start the count down to your last days as single.

----------------------------x----------------------

Hello tell me if you liked the chapter. And if you are wondering who the actor is he is Freedie Highmore, I fell in love with his innocence after watching the Good Doctor. 

Until next time keep loving , keep reading...................

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro