[007] a terrifying discovery

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

[007] a terrifying discovery

( trigger warning for attempted assault & death )

The entire school knew about Tom and Camille's relationship and it was all everyone could talk about for the next week and a half.

Camille wasn't a stranger to having people talking about her or her sister. She was popular for being a lovely, beautiful girl after all. But this time, Camille's name was on everyone's tongue due to the fact that she had managed to undo the unthinkable. A girl had finally managed to sink her claws into Tom and make him hers. Although they had only started dating, Tom was nothing short of a gentleman. He constantly held her hand and walked her to classes, even carrying around her books sometime. They'd sit together in the Great Hall and talk like they were the only two people in the world. Camille already felt as though this was the start of a beautiful romance and she couldn't wait to see what was next.

"I think it's only proper that we have a date at Hogsmeade, don't you think? Lots of couples go there over the weekend," Tom suggested as he walked Camille to her final class.

"Oh, we can go and visit Madam Puddifoot's! I've always wanted to go," Camille exclaimed with a smile.

"Then we'll go there and anywhere else that you want to go," Tom agreed with a nod.

"You're so sweet," Camille replied before giving Tom another kiss on the cheek. She was sure that at least ten of the girls surrounding them all gasped from the envy.

"I am for you," Tom remarked, kissing her on the forehead this time.

Camille smiled, feeling her heart sink when they stood in front of her Transfiguration class. As much as she wanted to spend even more time with Tom, Camille knew that she couldn't neglect her classes. Her parents would murder her if they found out she got terrible grades. If there was one thing her sisters were expected to do at Hogwarts, it was to get good grades and not completely embarrass their families.

"I'll see you later?" Camille replied as she and Tom stood in the open doorway.

"See you later," Tom replied, raising Camille's knuckles to her lips and kissing them gently.

Another thing Camille loved about Tom was how affectionate he was. It was almost as though he knew how much she loved it and he showered her with it. Almost to the point of smothering her with it. Camille was growing drunk from his affection and sweet words of adoration and she only wanted more of it. More of his love.

A bunch of girls ooh'd and ahh'd when Camille walked into the room, causing her to bite back a smile. This was even better than Camille could've imagined. She had a wonderful boyfriend and everyone could see how in love they were. Camille couldn't have been happier with the way that things were going in her life right now.

Camille made her way over to her usual table, confused when she saw Daisy sitting at her table rather than her old partner. She sits down nonetheless, sending the brunette a small smile.

"You and Tom are quite the item," Daisy remarked.

"I still can't believe it myself. I don't quite know how it happened. But it just... was meant to be, I guess," Camille shrugged.

"The both of you are beautiful together, by the way," Daisy replied.

"Thank you, Daisy. It's not as though I don't mind having you as my partner but what happened to my last partner? Whitney was her name, I think," Camille asked, brows furrowed in confusion.

"Winona, but you were terribly close. She's switched partners due to causing trouble so now we're partners. I hope you don't mind. I may be drop dead gorgeous but I am also very good in Transfiguration," Daisy assured her.

"Good to know," Camille chuckled, getting her books out so she could prepare for the upcoming lesson.

But just as she did so, something immediately caught her eye. An enchanted origami swan flew in front of her before gently landing on her desk. Daisy had been too busy focusing on her book to notice but Camille catches it just in time, opening up the note to see who it was from. Her heart sinks when she sees the handwriting recognizing it in an instant. Please meet with me at our old spot after classes so we can properly talk this time. No interruptions. I look forward to seeing you there.

Camille glances behind her after she reads the note, finding Theodore a couple tables down with an expectant look on his face. She just looks away from him, lips pressed together in a thin line as she considered her choices. She could just ignore him but something told her that she'd be seeing more enchanted origami swans in her future if she did. Deep down, Camille already knew the decision that she was going to make.

All the while, a smirking Violet watched on from her desk.

After all of her classes were done for the day, Camille decided to go ahead and meet with Theodore on the bridge. Her gut was telling her that it was a terrible idea. But she knew that she couldn't avoid Theodore forever. She'd have to tell him once and for all that there was no hope for the two of them. Hopefully, he'd be able to get it through his thick skull this time that Camille had properly moved on.

Theodore perks up the very moment he sees Camille approaching him, looking as though she had stepped out of a Botticelli painting. He remembered all the poetry he had written about her beauty and how it had captivated him upon first sight. She still managed to hold the same effect on him now as she had back then. Perhaps Camille had slipped Amortentia into his drink or placed some sort of a curse on him because there seemed to be no way he could break out of his trash.

Theodore was totally and utterly obsessed with Camille Astor.

Back when they had been together, they'd meet at the old bridge and talk for hours. Sometimes, even make out back when they couldn't keep their hands off of each other. But things had obviously changed. Camille belonged to someone else and Theodore was still desperate enough to try and get her back.

"What do you want to talk to me about, Theodore?" Camille questioned, arms folded across her chest.

Theodore chuckles. "You know exactly what I want to talk about."

"No, I don't. I thought I made it pretty clear to you exactly where we stood. I'm with Tom now and we're happy together. I don't need you to ruin that," Camille argued.

Theodore shakes his head, feeling more confused than ever. None of this was making any sense. "But Violet said -."

"Violet? She arranged this?" Camille frowns, quickly growing upset.

Seeing as it was pretty clear who had won their bet, Camille assumed that Violet would back off and go back to Arthur. But obviously, Violet wasn't willing to fight fair whatsoever. She wouldn't be satisfied until she ruined everything for Camille, starting with her relationships.

"She said that you wanted to talk to me but you couldn't because of Tom. This is the perfect opportunity for us to talk. I know you think that you're happy with Tom. But he doesn't know you like I do. He could never love you like I do," Theodore persisted, grabbing a hold of Camille's arms and gripping on so tightly that she could feel his fingertips pressing harshly into her skin.

"Theodore, that's enough. What we had in the past should remain in the past. You need to move on and leave me alone. I shouldn't have even come here. I guess I thought you'd finally see reason but clearly, that's never going to happen," Camille says before pushing him away, beginning to storm away. She was going to find Violet and she was going to finally do the one thing that she should've done a long time ago: stand up to her.

"Wait," Theodore called.

"What is it, Theodore?" Camille sighed, reluctantly turning around to face him again.

"Can you at least... hug me one more time? One final hug and then... then I'll be able to move on for good," Theodore offered, his arms outstretched.

Camille was reluctant to hug Theodore. She didn't want to waste any time with him. But she figured that she could oblige this final request. Hopefully, Theodore meant what he actually said and he'd back off for good this time. And so, Camille decides to hug him. For the first couple of seconds, Camille awkwardly stood there while Theodore clung onto her, breathing in the scent of her heavenly perfume and quickly becoming overwhelmed by his feelings for her once again.

And then Camille started to pull away from him, only for Theodore to tighten his grip around her and now try to move in for a kiss. Camille tried to fight him as best as she could, even stumbling back and falling. Unfortunately, with Theodore clinging onto her, she only managed to pull him right on top of her. Theodore grabbed a hold of Camille's wrists to try and pin her down, ignoring Camille's cries and screams in favor of getting what he wanted.

Camille used all the strength she had left to knee him right in the groin as hard as she could, making him cry out in pain. She successfully manages to push Theodore off of her while he was still in pain, rushing up to her knees and running as fast as she could away from him. Camille could feel fat, warm tears running down her cheeks but she couldn't hold any of them back. All she could do was run and get as far away from Theodore as possible, ignoring him calling out for her.

Angry and worried that Camille was going to tell, Theodore groaned in both anger and pain as he managed to pull himself together and began rising to his feet. Closing his eyes for a moment to get his bearings (and figure out how the hell he'd be able to get away with this), he suddenly heard footsteps approaching him.

"Camille, I can -," Theodore pauses when he opens his eyes, seeing someone else now standing before him. The very last person he wanted to see actually. "You. What are you doing here?"

( 👱‍♀️💘🍒 )

Violet had no clue what all of the fuss and commotion was about. But the moment that Eleanor rushed her into the common room, she'd find Ophelia fussing over an emotional Camille. The others were upset as well, save for Violet who was just confused.

"Now can someone please tell me what's going on?" Violet questioned, arms folded across her chest.

"Theodore attacked me! He tried to... He hurt me in the worst way imaginable, and it's all because of you!" Camille explained in between her sobs, all the while Ophelia continued to rub her back.

"What did I do?" Violet asked, frowning.

"You told him that I wanted to talk to him. You put the idea in his head for us to meet and reconcile, all because you're a sore loser!" Camille exclaimed.

Violet rolled her eyes. "You didn't have to meet up with him. Besides, I doubt it's as bad as you say. You're just being dramatic."

"He had me pinned to the ground while he tried to force himself on me. I don't think I'm being dramatic!" Camille argued.

"How can you be so insensitive, Violet?" Eleanor inquired, genuinely shocked by Violet's cold behavior.

"If what you're saying is true... then you shouldn't have met with him at all. You knew he was crazy and you decided to play with fire one last time. What were you thinking, Camille? You just led him on some more and he finally snapped," Violet reasoned with a shrug.

"You're a monster and I don't want anything more to do with you. I'll never be able to forgive you for this," Camille glared at Violet, her eyes red and puffy from all of the crying that she had done.

"Camille -," Violet began.

"I mean it! I regret the day we ever became friends. You've been nothing but cruel to me and I tried to excuse it for as long as I could. But no more! I've had enough!" Camille cut her off, releasing all of her pent up anger and taking it out on the catalyst for this horrible chain of events.

Violet looked at the others, waiting for them to defend her or anything. But of course, they didn't say a thing. They were equally as angered and disgusted by Violet's actions. Realizing that she was alone, Violet raised up her head in defiance.

"Fine. It's absolutely exhausting having to be your bloody friend anyways. I'm glad I don't have to pretend to like you anymore," Violet spat.

And with that, Violet stormed off and left the three remaining girls there.

"She's gone completely mad," Ophelia scoffs, shaking her head.

"You should tell Victoire," Eleanor replied.

"If I tell Victoire, she'll murder him. She'll actually murder him and be sent to Azkaban for life. I can't," Camille quickly denied.

"So what? You're just going to let Theodore get away with this?" Eleanor frowned.

Camille shakes her head. "Of course not! I just - I need to think of something!"

Just then, the door to the common room opened and Adelaide Lestrange rushed in. Camille sniffles, hiding her face so Adelaide didn't see her.

"Have you all heard the news?" Adelaide questioned.

"What now?" Ophelia asks, standing up and essentially shielding Camille.

"They found a student outside in the courtyard. He went and hung himself. I think his name was Theodore or something like that," Adelaide explained.

"What?" Camille rushed up to her feet, horrified by what she had just heard.

Camille couldn't believe what she was hearing. There was no way that Theodore had killed himself. But she and the rest of the girls leave anyways, joining the growing crowd of students at the courtyard. Sure enough, the body of Theodore Boldheart was hung up above for all to see - his corpse swinging from side to side as the gentle breeze rolled through. Camille gasps before falling to her knees, feeling a rush of emotions go through her. She had never seen a dead body before and although Camille was disgusted with Theodore for what he had attempted to do to her, that didn't mean she had wanted him to go out like this.

As her friends tended to a distraught and emotional Camille, Tom was at the very forefront - staring at his latest work with an unreadable expression. But he was clueless to the fact that Victoire was watching him, suspicion written all over her face. Something about this was completely off and she was determined to figure out what, no matter the cost.

( 👱‍♀️💘🍒 )

word count: 2622
notes: the more i rewrite this fic, the more i'm in love with the rewritten version. it's much more interesting and crazy imo. also please please please check out liquid smooth and read it if you haven't, it's the sister fic to this one and i plan on updating it a lot soon!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro