[006] straight out of a fairytale

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

[006] straight out of a fairytale

The night was going perfectly, and Camille felt as though she was floating on cloud nine. She was in paradise, feeling like the luckiest girl in the entire world. Tom was nothing short of a gentleman, making Camille feel so special the whole night. Camille didn't really know what it was. Maybe it was the way he spoke to her, maybe it was the way he looked at her like she was the only girl in the world.

Either way, Camille didn't want the night to end. Even when she knew that it absolutely had to.

When it was getting later into the night, the two of them decided that they had no other choice but to leave the party. They knew that they would see each other tomorrow anyway, first thing in the morning too. 

It was as though Tom had managed to read Camille's mind because once again, he held Camille's hand during the short journey back to their dormitory. Tom's hand was warm and just a little calloused, leading Camille to be curious as to why. But she wouldn't ask him, of course, since that'd be a little strange. Camille wanted to be absolutely perfect.

Normally, walking in the dungeons late at night was incredibly scary. The dungeons were already dark during the day but it was far creepier at night. Having Tom by her side made her feel a lot safer than before.

"I had a really great time with you tonight," Tom stated, turning to look at Camille as they stood in front of the common room entrance. "It was the best night I had in... a very long time."

Camille lights up. "Really?"

"Of course. I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true. I really enjoy spending time with you, Camille, and I hope to do it more often."

"Does this mean...?"

"What is it? You're more than free to speak your mind with me, Camille."

"With us going out tonight, I was wondering if... if this meant that we were going to become a couple. Everyone's already speculating and even I was hoping for it. I like you a lot, Tom."

Tom pauses, turning to look at her. If it wasn't for the fact that he was still holding onto her hand, Camille would have been unsure as to what his answer was going to be. "I like you a lot too, Camille. It might seem strange since we haven't known each other for a long time. But it feels like I've known you forever."

"Me too! I don't know how to explain it but I feel a connection between us. One that only seems to get stronger whenever we're around each other. I don't want it to end."

Tom grabs Camille's other hand, smiling at her now. There's a sparkle in his dark eyes, one that has Camille mesmerized. "Neither do I. More than anything, I want for us to continue seeing each other. I want you to be my girlfriend."

"Yes, I want that more than anything!" Camille giggles, a bright and dazzling smile on her lips.

Everything was going according to plan, and this was truly the happiest day of Camille's life. She was finally going to get a chance to be Tom Riddle's girlfriend. The most popular boy in school was going to be going out with her. Camille almost pinched herself to make sure that she wasn't dreaming. But then again, Tom's hands holding onto hers was enough proof that this was her new reality.

"Perfect," Tom responds, his smile faltering just a little. "Is it alright if I kissed you?"

Camille's eyes widen a little, her cheeks turning pink from the blush. "It's perfectly alright. I want you to kiss me, Tom."

Tom lets go of her hands, leaning close to her. Camille helps to close the gap between them, leaning close enough that their lips could meet for a sweet kiss. Camille swears she can hear angels sing in the background and her entire body was warm and fluttery. Her arms wrap around Tom's neck and his hands move to rest on her waist. Although the kiss felt like it lasts an eternity, it wasn't very long at all before the two of them pulled away to catch their breath.

It was the best kiss she had ever had, and Camille had been kissed several times before. But Tom, he seemed to know exactly what to do and what Camille liked. Although she had never seen him date or even kiss another girl before.

Camille touched her lips after the kiss, looking at Tom with stars in her eyes. If she had been infatuated with Tom before, she was utterly obsessed now. 

"Where'd you learn to kiss like that?" Camille asked. She couldn't help but ask and now that they were close enough, she felt comfortable enough to ask.

"It's a secret. But my first kiss was far from glamorous. It was when I was twelve and it was from a girl who lived in the same neighborhood. She kissed me," Tom answered, shaking his head.

"Oh, you managed to charm girls even then?" Camille raised a brow.

"I wasn't very charming when I was younger," Tom admitted.

"I don't believe you," Camille narrowed her eyes at him, her tone teasing.

"That means my charm is working now," Tom responded with a wink.

Camille giggles, still feeling all giddy and excited from the kiss between them. She moves closer to Tom, leaning in for another kiss. Tom immediately realizes it and goes in to kiss Camille at the same time. This one lasts a little longer than the first one and Camille truly feels her knees growing weak by the time he pulled away from her.

After Tom says the password to get into the common room, they enter inside. Ever the gentleman, Tom even walks Camille to her dorm room just to make sure that she made it there safely. Tom was so kind that it made Camille feel so incredibly lucky. She was so lucky to have him and she hoped that she'd be the girlfriend that he deserved.

"When can I see you again?" Tom questioned, leaning his body against her door.

"We go to the same school, silly," Camille chuckles.

Tom chuckles. "I mean... like this. I'd prefer if it were just the two of us."

"After classes. We can go by the sundial garden and talk for as long as we desire," Camille offered.

"I like that idea very much," Tom agreed. "Good night, Camille, and sweet dreams."

"Sweet dreams, Tom," Camille responded with a smile.

They both share a final kiss before Tom leaves, allowing Camille to enter inside of her dorm room. Although her other two dorm mates were asleep, Camille could hardly control herself. She started squealing, jumping up and down from joy. Even when her dorm mates stirred in their bed, she continued to celebrate her wonderful date with Tom.

Camille even jumped onto her bed, collapsing face first into her pillows. She squealed some more into the pillows, smiling so hard that her cheeks were hurting.

She wondered if Tom was feeling this happy right now. And in a way, he was. Just... not in the way that she would've ever expected.

Tom was grinning as he made his way back to his own dorm room to retire for the night. The first phase of his plan to win Camille over was working even better than he had expected. Camille truly was a beautiful fool, falling for his every word and kind gesture. She was looking for a knight in shining armor, someone to sweep her off her feet and give her the love story she deserved, and Tom was more than willing to play the part to get exactly what he wanted. If she wanted someone to save her, that was exactly what she'd get until Tom got exactly what he wanted.

And what did Tom Riddle really want? Her heart and soul... and the power which surrounded her bloodline.

( 👱‍♀️💘🍒 )

Camille had been sleeping peacefully when she awoke to noises in the middle of the night. At first, she had been determined to try and ignore them. But when she heard the sound of footsteps traveling closer and closer to Victoire's bed, she finally opened her eyes and saw her sister kicking off her shoes.

"What?" Victoire looked at her.

"I thought you were a ghost entering the room. But even a ghost would be much kinder than you," Camille retorted.

"Ha ha," her sister instantly deadpanned.

"You're in an unusually good mood. Did you enjoy yourself at the party tonight?" Victoire asked, now sitting up in bed while Victoire sat on her own bed.

Victoire nods, a faint smile on her lips. "Yes, I guess you could say that I did enjoy myself. Did you enjoy yourself, Milly?"

"Tom is so wonderful! The date was wonderful, and he walked me back to my dorm room. We even kissed and now... we're dating each other," Camille gushed. Once she started talking, it was impossible to get her to stop. "We plan on seeing each other again tomorrow since Tom enjoys my company so much. We have a real connection, you know. Not like the ones I thought I had with those other boys."

"Why am I not surprised?" Victoire rolled her eyes.

"I feel so happy, Victoire. My whole body's tingling and that's just from him kissing me. The way he looks at me makes me feel like I'm the only girl in the world to him. I feel like this is the beginning of my love story," Camille continued. She wasn't about to let her twin's pessimistic nature ruin her happiness this time.

"If you want to be a fool in love, go ahead," Victoire sighed. "But if you excuse me, I'd like to go to bed. I have a lot of important duties to get to tomorrow. Much more important than love."

Camille huffed, glaring at her sister who was getting snug underneath the covers. "When you fall in love, sister, you'll see. You'll see that I'm not being foolish or dumb. And I can't wait for when that day happens."

Victoire actually laughs before she turns around so her back could be facing Camille. Camille huffs in defiance before she herself goes back to sleep. Correction: she tries to go back to sleep. Thoughts of Tom and the kiss keep her up a lot longer than planned. Camille felt overcome with the urge to spend as much time with him as possible. 

She was infected with the disease of young love, unable to rid it from her system. No, Camille didn't want to get rid of it. She absolutely wanted it to consume her. That way, she'd finally be able to know exactly what true love felt like.

Eventually, Camille does get some sleep but it's not nearly enough. She wakes up early in the morning as always, preparing to start the cycle of beautifying herself all over again. Now that she was Tom Riddle's girlfriend, Camille had to make sure that she was even prettier than ever.

She showered and curled her hair, finding her best perfume to put on. She wore her finest jewelry and even decided to wear some of her prettiest clothing underneath her Slytherin robes. She'd be seeing Tom after classes so it'd be easy for her to change. She uncurled her hair and did her makeup, wanting to look pure but beautiful at the very same time.

Beautiful enough to adore, but pure enough to love. 

Her mother had taught her that fine lesson when she was only ten years old and had been caught trying on some of her mother's makeup behind her back. Instead of being upset, her mother had been pleased that Camille had shown an interest. Even at that age, Victoire had proven to be such a tomboy. But at least there was hope for Camille to be the prodigal daughter. The beautiful one worthy enough to carry on the Astor honor and produce heirs with someone they deemed worthy. 

She even helped Camille with her makeup and made sure to teach her every single thing, ranging from lipstick to blush and every fine detail in between.

"Savor your youth while you still can, Camille. Use your beauty to your very advantage. It'll be your strongest weapon, more powerful than any wand or magic."

"If I'm beautiful, will I be able to get my happily ever after?"

"That and so much more, my dear. Remember, beautiful enough to adore, pure enough to love."

Those were words of advice that Camille still lived by to this day. Words that she hoped and prayed would be enough to win her a happily ever after with her new boyfriend, Tom. So when Camille looked at herself in the mirror, she practiced her best and beautiful smile for Tom - her mother's voice echoing throughout her head.

"Beautiful enough to adore, pure enough to love," Camille repeated.

( 👱‍♀️💘🍒 )

word count: 2270
notes: here's part two of their date! camille and tom are officially a couple (and even had their first kiss) but things will only get worse from here as tom's true self slowly start to show. vote and comment please!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro