Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I bit my lip in habit while trying to figure out how to pronounce the word 'Imagine' when suddenly my book was snatched out of my hands. I looked up and cowered under his gaze.

"Loser!" My bully said while throwing my book away. I gasped and stumbled up to get it. My mother had gotten it for my birthday and it was very rare when I got a present! I picked it up and wiped the dirt off it while trying to not look needy.

On the way home I walked passed a woman cowering in the cold and a sign that said she was homeless and that she needed medicine for her baby. My heart instantly ached for her and I took out my quarter that I have been saving to get something for myself. I held it out for her and said, "It is not much but it's the only thing I have." She smiled and showed a few missing teeth but I couldn't help but smile back.

As I continued walking home I heard someone speak behind me. "It's not good to talk to strangers." I turned sharply to see my bully, Noah. My soft gaze hardened on him and he grinned. "Leave me alone." I gritted out.

"You live in this dump?" He asked as he followed me down the alleyway. "Hey! At least I have a roof over my head!" I snapped. He backed off and I ran all the way to my house.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro