21: What?

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"What? Are you serious? You're not done gambling?!" Ryota ran down the stairs and you held Yumeko's hand and guided her to Yuriko. She stopped  to address him, causing you to pause as well.

"Stopping now would be like being left in limbo. Suzui, didn't you tell me yourself? That there's gambling going on everywhere?" She was blushing from the excitement that was coming her way. "Where do I go? Join us, Suzui."

"Please, Ryota? Yumeko just wants to have fun. I promise Yuriko is a nice girl." You added in as you tugged at Yumeko's hand.

"F-Fine." He looked away and continued to follow you both.

Eventually, after a few more flights of stairs, you arrived at the drop-off point.

"Welcome to the Traditional Culture Research Club." One of Yuriko's girls greeted you all. "Esteemed guests, fortunately there's an official match in progress right now. Would you care to observe while you're here?"

"Official match?" Yumeko asked.

As you nodded and all walked in, you saw the end of what was a grueling match.

"This way, ma'am." The girl lead you in.

"Oh, my." Yumeko remarked as you saw Meari at the table.

"Oh, goodness. Don't look so upset." Yuriko remarked. "Let's enjoy our gambling. Especially now that my friend is here."

As you smiled at Yuriko, you realized that she was in the midst of her own cheating. She had long ago explained how she did it to you, but it always struck a nerve with you. What fun is it to gamble if you know you're going to win?

"Thrity-two chips. I'm betting my whole stack." Meari announced.

"Hmm. Going on the offensive, huh? Very well."

"Both players are ready to begin. Ten swords. Beginning." The referee held up the swords. As she threw the swords in and placed the cup down, she spoke again. "Lay your bets." And she counted down from ten as the women distributed their chips. "Revealing the board."

"Twenty-two! Meari got it!" Ryota noticed.

"Oh, my. You picked the right spot." Yuriko remarked, oddly. You knew the rules of this game. "But... the judgement is death. Too bad."

"Twenty-two. Since the blade is embedded in the board, the judgment is death. Saotome bet six chips. She loses thirty times that. One hundred eighty chip, or 18 million yen." The referee explained. "Adding in Yurkio's chips, she loses with a total of minus 49.6 million chips."

"Good game, Meari." Yuriko congratulated the loser.

"Forty-nine million!?" Ryota was shocked, and Yumeko didn't look too pleased either.

"Saotome, we will contact you regarding our collection methods at a later date." Yuriko smiled at the sight of you. She was glad to have won in your presence, even though it was practically a given. "Somebody please show her outside.  As I have no more use for her."

Meari collapsed in despair, screaming.

"You're bothering the other customers." One of Yuriko's girls remarked.

"Don't touch me!" She screamed back.

As Meari was removed, you also took this opportunity to wave goodbye to Yuriko and slip out.

As you walked upstairs to the council's special monitoring room, you wondered how this game would turn out.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro