60: Why?

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Why?" Yumemi's voice shook. "I don't know what you're trying to do. What do you mean, March? Then why did you put down A SIX!?"

She slammed her hands down on the table and lost all composure. You grimaced. Her starry pupils were gone and you worried about how she was being viewed; you knew how important it was to her.

"If I had gone with my gut feelings, you might've lost, you know!" She screamed.

"Don't blame me. I had no way of knowing when Meari's birthday was. I just guessed.

"Huh!?"

"My only fear was that you'd put down the same number as me." Yumeko explained. "A tie would've been the same as drawing dead, and that would've been lame. As long as I can gamble, I'm happy."

So easy to please. You thought to yourself. In life and in bed.

"I would have been satisfied with anyone but a draw." She finished her explanation as Yumemi looked down in defeat.

"Then, the reason I lost was because I was just out of luck?" Yumemi mumbled as you rolled your eyes. That was the irritating thing about a lot of the council members. They could just leave things to chance. That's why they cheated so much. Even Kaede couldn't leave his own sexual skills to chance, which lead him to get someone to practice with and then have an entire fiasco leading to the current situation. He, too, ran out of luck.

"Just luck." Yumeko crossed her hands over her chest. "There's nothing wrong with that! The absurdity of being helpless to do anything of your own will. That right there is the essence of gambling, after all. That was an enjoyable gambling session! Now, then..."

Suddenly, you were shocked by Yumeko's change in face. It became demonic.

"How about handing over my winnings?"

Yumemi's personal assistant slammed a briefcase on the table.

"We'll pay you the 50 million yen. No, more if that's what you want. But is there any way to stop you from disclosing that recording? If you were to play it, Yumemi's future would be over."

"What recording?" You asked Runa.

"Oh, the one where Yumemi reveals her disgust for her fans." Her words dripped with satisfaction as she answered you.

"So cold-hearted! I love it." You chuckled.

"Is that how you feel, Yumemi?" Yumeko asked.

"Play the recording." You heard Yumemi growl, to your own shock.

"Yumemi! What are you saying?" Her assistant piped up.

"My dream can never be realized unless I'm also blessed with luck. If I'm losing at this level, it's not a dream that will ever come true." Her words were drenched in sadness, hurting your heart. "I've had enough."

"I do like your resolve." Yumeko grinned.

And then, it dissolved into whispers before the audio played.

"They're ugly, but that's okay. That means they're spending money on me instead of their own looks. But... why are they dancing like madmen at my concerts?! If you've got time to dance, listen to my songs! Why the hell are you sweating more than I am?! Stop trying to shake my hand when yours is sweaty! It's disgusting!"

And then, she began to speak.

"Guys..."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro