63: Come On

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Come on, Kaede." Yumeko pushed him.

Alright, I'll admit it. Kaede thought to himself as he stared up at you for spiritual support. Clearly, I miscalculated. I underestimated this woman. Just like I underestimated how upset Bug would be. I need to begin overestimating as it would save me further hassle. Yumeko was gambling for the sake of gambling alone... I see... She is a compulsive gambler, meaning she isn't affected by the outcome. She's addicted to the concept of gambling itself. In that case, it's simple. I'm going to factor even that into my calculations.

Finally, you removed your hand from your face and accidentally locked eyes with Kaede. He smiled internally and looked back at his challenger.

"Fine by me." He had a sharp look. "I accept your challenge to an official match."

As you glanced over to Sayaka, she looked like she was having an internal struggle. She was clearly not handling this situation well and not being a very good president while Kirari was gone. Yumemi had lost and she was trying to drag Kaede down with her? Kirari would never have allowed it.

"He's going to play his stupid poker game I assume." You sighed. "it's always that game. I still hardly understand it."

"To be fair, it is quite complex." Runa admitted. "Who's going to be the dealer. You?"

"Absolutely not." You shook your head. "Ririka, could you?"

She nodded and made her way down.

"Wake me up when something interesting happens." You groaned as you laid your head against Runa.

It felt like seconds between that and when she shook you awake.

"They're requesting chips, Princess." She whispered.

"Since I have 310 million yen on my person, I'd like to request thirty-one chips!" Yumeko cheered out as you rubbed your eyes. This whole thing was exhausting.

"Kaede?" Ririka turned to him next. You sighed. He was going to flex now and you knew it.

"I'll buy a hundred chips." Kaede dropped a massive pile of chips on the table, sending gasps and whispers through the crowd.

"We all know he's rich." You rolled your eyes at this with Runa.

And then it began.

"I hate poker." You complained. "Boring game. And it's not even gambling, Kaede's version. It's just intimidation and his own deductions."

"But Kaede's very smart, is he not?" Runa grinned wickedly. "Or at least he pretends to be."

"He is... he is... See?" You pointed down as he lost the first round. Betting ten chips, forcing Yumeko to bet ten chips and then seeing that she had an ace in her hand.

"That doesn't really prove it, you know." She laughed a bit. "He lost."

"No, he always gives up the first hand like that. He wins sometimes, but usually he loses. He's trying to see if she'll do crazy bets to get the advantage and figure out how she works. Kaede is very methodical." You nodded.

"Is he like that in bed too, Princess?" Runa smirked at you.

"No!" You smacked her arm. "No, he's very caring."

"Just what one wants during sex. Caring. Not passionate, or wild or--"

"Shhh, they're going again!" You hushed her as you blushed.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro