90: What Do You Think

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"What do you think, chairman?" The referee asked Runa.

"It stinks! This allllll stinks... We're taking a position of 'absolute neutrality' and now they're trying to test us!" Runa replied.

"They who?" You lazily inquired, tired from your birthday escapades.

"The -bami families. You know that." Runa rolled her eyes at you.

"Whatever. None of this matters anyway. We're all who we are regardless of how this situation turns out."

"That isn't true, Princess. People who might otherwise have little influence, say Meari Saotome, can get noticed by higher class families."

"Who?" You joked with a smirk.

"You're terrible. You heard that Yumeko Jabami received an invite for a gambling match?"

"In lounge #7 after school... here... yeah, I heard. It's calling forth Miyo Inbami and Miri Youbami as well."

"Oooo the poison cousins." Runa had a sick smile on her face. "Might not be so easy now."

"It's never really easy. She's just that good." You laid on her lap. "I'd say one of the best of the Momobami family. All raised in different environments, but all sharing the same core set of tenets. It's something the royal family monitors rather closely."

Runa stuck her lollipop in your mouth. It was blue raspberry, surprisingly.

"They should be here any minute. Are you ready, Princess?" Runa turned towards the door.

"If I muth be," you slurred with candy in your mouth, sitting up.

Within just a few minutes, the ornamental carved door creaked open like a groaning old man.

"Well, 'bout time you showed up!" Runa smiled. "You sure took your sweet time... I've already beaten this!"

"...What is the head of the committee and the Princess doing in here?" Miyo inquired

"Nya?" Runa cutely turned her head sideways and stood up. "I was just asked to preside over this election battle. I'm part of the committee running this, after all! Well... I could say that, but part of me really wanted to see the faces of the team that beat Yuriko-chan... you know what I mean?"

You shivered at Miyo and Runa's twisted expressions. They were like foxes sneaking up on prey. You, on the other hand, were very suspicious. Yuriko had informed you that she was going to be out ill for the week, so a question of fairness had arisen.

"I see." Miyo spoke.

"Yuriko-chn is in a position of 'absolute neutrality', you competed against her 'fair and square' and she lost. Didn't she?" Runa continued, eyes becoming psychotic.

"Of course!" Miyo giggled

Note to self, get reacquainted with Miyo... You thought with some devious intentions.

"And now the pair who beat Yuriko-chan are taking on the Yumeko Jabami. You know I'll want to take special care as your dealer... right?"

Ah, she really doesn't trust them. Makes sense, Yuriko was Runa's close friend.

"Go right ahead with your job then!" Miyo laughed as Miri humph-ed.

"With the committee chair dealing, my mind's totally at ease!" Yumeko clapped, even though you were sure her mind was never not at ease.

"Right! Let's kick this off, then! We have three players... Miyo Inbami, Miri Youbami and Yumeko Jabami!" Runa clapped her own hands together as well.

"Yumeko!" Ryota suddenly interrupted. "A-Are you sure about this? You don't have to bet under these conditions... I don't think--"

"Oh hush." You voice rang out clearly. "Do you really not know Yumeko at this point?"

"This princess is right! I've had this golden opportunity put in front of me! I couldn't bear the thought of passing it up!" Yumeko had shining eyes, but you could tell Ryota had other ideas.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro