31- POV Kirstie

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Tears form in my eyes as I watch Kevin lift up Avi. He gives me a sad smile and shakes his head slowly at me, reading my mind as I wonder whether the show will continue. I sigh and stand up, to watch him follow Scott carrying Mitch offstage, leaving me alone on the stage to explain the bad news to the thousands of people staring at me from the audience.

I take a deep breathe and look out at all of the faces not knowing what to say.

All I can think about is how mad I am the Avi left his crutches backstage. He brought thispain upon himself. I know I can't stay mad at him for long, but I'm mad right now. He even knew that I would be mad and I have a right to, look what happened.

After shaking and staring out at the audience for I don't know how long, Esther finally joins me onstage and hugs me.

She steps up to the audience and introduces herself, "Hello everyone, my name is Esther. As some of you may know, I am Pentatonix's tour manager and Avi's sister." She stumbles over Avi's name.

We hear a couple people from the audience yell out, "We love you Esther!"

She giggles softly but I notice the tears rolling down her face in sync with mine.

"As I'm sure a lot of you know, we were stuck in a snow storm in Wisconson for the past week. The storm was very harsh, but luckily we were able to make it out in a calm in the storm and Pentatonix was able to come here to perform tonight. However..." She stops and looks over at me. I give her an encouraging nod and she continues. "During the storm... a couple of us were injured."

"Are Avi and Mitch okay?" Someone yells out from the crowd.

Esther gives a small smile. "Yes, they will hopefully be okay. All they need is rest. I'm very sorry, but they won't be able to finish the concert."

The audience looks a little disappointed but they seem to understand more than I expected. I just feel really bad.

I step up next to Esther to talk. "To make it up to you, Scott, Kevin and I will be in the lobby in a half hour for those of you who would like to come meet us."

I look over at Esther for approval and she nods and smiles. I smile back before we walk offstage.

When we get out to the lobby a half hour later, the amount of people waiting for us is crazy. They stand in an already organized line for us without any help and while they could be lound enough to be heard a quater of a mile away, they become completely silent when Scott, Kevin and I step into the room.

"Hi ya'll, thank you for being patient!" Scott yells out.

As we get settled, I am blown away by how amazing the pentaholics are. They must know this is hard for us and they are so sweet. Most crowds would be screaming at a concert and shoving each other to get the front of the line, but our fans are not. To me, that doesn't mean they don't care as much. In fact, to me it means that they care more than most other fans.

The first people come up to us.

"Hi!" Kevin greets them.

"Hi, I'm Kenzie, and this is Kris," one of the teenage girls introduces them. "While we were waiting, we wrote Avi and Mitch notes. They aren't much but here you go."

They hand over two small papers with notes on them.

"Oh my gosh, that's so sweet, I'm sure they will enjoy reading these!" I say, giving them each a hug.

The next group of people comes up and does the same thing. Soon enough, we have a stack of letters and little gifts for Mitch and Avi and are falling asleep after having met practically every fan who came to the show.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro