30- POV Avi

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Avi, time to get ready for the show!" My sister yells, to wake me up from my before show nap.

I get up, thinking about how hard it will be for all of us onstage. I tire out really easily because of my leg. I am supposed to use crutches, but I think I can manage one concert without them. I don't want to make the fans worried, plus they're very bulky and hard to move around with. I just can't tell Kirstie or she'll force me to use them.

Mitch also tires out really easily because he's still recovering from his hypothermia. On the flight here, we all made an attempt to talk to Mitch or comfort him, but he remained silent until he fell asleep. Since we've arrived in New Jersey, everone decided to let Mitch have some space. Everyone, including Scott himself, knows Scott has a lot of work to do to get Mitch to understand how important he is. I always try to fix stuff like this, but get caught up in it and just seem to make it worse. No matter what happens, I'm promising myself not to get in the drama and stay back to focus on my relationship.

After getting up and getting dressed and ready for the concert, I wait with Kirstie on our side of the stage, for Esther to give us the go ahead and Kevin to start off our intro and head onstage. He does, I join in, and Kirstie starts walking onstage. I silently drop my crutches behind me, before following a couple steps behind Kirstie.

The intro/Problem goes perfect but as we go to transition from Problem to our next song, I make eye contact with a not so happy Kirstie. She raises an eyebrow at me and I know she is aware I left my crutches backstage on purpose. I shrug at her before looking out into the audience and starting the next song.

About halfway through the concert, I looked over at Kevin in awe of his amazing beatboxing like always. He stands across the stage from me, both of us perched at the top of the stairs on the stage. In the very center of the stage, halfway up the stairs stands Scott and filling in the spots between Scott, Kevin and I at the base of the stairs stand Kirstie and Mitch.

When I look over at Kevin, I see him focusing on something, and follow his gaze to Mitch. He is swaying in place and it seems like he could pass out at any second.

And he does.

Within a split second, Scott is next to him and Kirstie and Kevin are on their way.

I start down the stairs towards him as well but halfway down I felt my leg buckle beneath me.

Timbling down the rest of the steps, I joined Mitch at the bottom withing seconds.

The excruciating pain shot through my leg, hurting more than it had since the day I first fell. My vision blurs and I feel Kirstie next to me qicker than Scott was next to Mitch.

I feel myself fall back down with Mitch into the deep chasm that we were struggling to climb out of. While my physical pain that I know time will remove, Mitch is in a different situation with his mental pain as well. I can only hope that I am able to pull Mitch out of this chasm with me.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro