29- POV Kevin

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

A/N: Sorry for the late update.

- - - - - - -

"We need to go now!" Esther's voice echo's through the tour bus as she yells at us to grab our luggage.

I'm the first one ready with my suitcase, from all the practice of sleeping in late with Avi. I join Esther up by the door out of the bus and wait for the others to finish. It sounds like we are running late for our flight, so We're having Genevieve drop us off right in front of the airport.

"How much time until our flight?" I look over at Esther.

"We board in a half hour," She sighs and Avi and Kirstie join us.

"Well then we need to go now," I reply think of how long checking our bags and going through security must take. She nods.

"Where is Scott? And is Mitch awake yet?" Esther asks.

We turn towards Kirstie who shrugs and answers, "I'll go see."

"Hurry up!" I call out after her as she runs over to check on Scott.

"Avi and I can go check all of our luggage, and you can come join us at the gate as soon as possible," Esther says, anxious to get to our flight.

I nod and shut the door behind them as I hear Kirstie and Scott arguing in the other room:

"But he's still asleep!"

"Just carry him, then!"

"But-"

"We're going to miss our flight!"

I wait in a minute of sulence before Scott and Kirstie finally join me. Scott is carrying a large comforter bridal style. The comferter is wrapped around Mitch "pigs in a blanket" style, to the point where I can just see his face.

I check my watch to see that we've already wasted over five minutes.

I hold the door open for the others and then follow them out, yelling a goodbye to Genevieve until we meet back up with her tomorrow.

We run/ walk as fast as we can with Scott carrying Mitch until we get to the line for security which, of course, is extremely long.

"How are we going to get him through security if he's sleeping?" I ask gesturing to Mitch.

"I don't think we have to worry about it," Scott replies. I look down to see Mitch's eyes slowly open.

"Did Mitchy get enough beauty rest?" I ask.

Scott glares at which I guess I deserve since he was asleep because of hypothermia.

Mitch looks very confused as he tries to figue out what's going on.

"Hey, Mitch," Scott says softly. "Are you feeling ok."

Mitch shakes his head. "I can't feel my toes. Or my fingers."

"You had hypothermia. We're at the airport right now hoping we don't miss our flight but as soon as we land, we'll get you to a doctor," Kirstie says. "Do you think you can stand?"

He waits for a moment before nodding and Scott sets him down carefully.

We walk further down the line until we start going through security. The line has gone quicker than I thought but we only have ten minutes to get through and walk to our gate.

"Can we ask you something?" Scott looks at Mitch. "Why did you leave?"

Mitch stares off in the distance for a couple minutes before a security gaurd clears their throught for him to keep going.

The group remains silent until we get out of security. The Mitch stops and turns to look at Scott.

"Why did you come get me?"

"I saved you because... I need you."

Mitch raises his eyebrow and then looks down and Mitch starts walking to the gate.

As Mitch passes Kirstie and I, we hear him mutter, "Like anybody would need me."

I look over at Scott and see by his facial expression that he heard Mitch.

A voice comes over the intercom saying, "Boarding for gates M- 7, K-12, G-8 and A-2 end in five minutes."

Kirstie looks at me, "what are we?"

"K-12," I answer looking over at a map of the airport on the wall nearby. "Ya'll, our gate is on the other side of the airport!"

I make eye contact with everyone, before we all start running towards the gate. We finally get to the hall that the gate is on and stop, Mitch completely out of breath.

"Last call for boarding on gates M- 7, K-12, G-8 and A-2."

"I... Can't..." Mitch gasps between breaths.

I look at Scott who grabs him bridal style again as we race down to the gate, to see Esther and Avi pleading to the flight attendants to wait just a couple more minutes.

We finally get settled on the plane and then I look over at Mitch (who decided to sit by Kirstie for this flight). We've all been thinking about why he seemed surprised by Scott saving him.

"Mitch can I ask you to promise me something?" Kirstie asks. He nods. "Will you not do anything like that to us again?"

He turns to look out the window. "I'm sorry... I can't promise you that."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro