4: The Transmission Process

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Sophie's P.O.V

That’s it…It’s the end, it’s just so unfair. I have no idea how it hard this would be for Elisa, god, I can’t even look at her now because she’s crying so much. She probably don’t want to go and more on that, she don’t want her baby to go with her too. And Patrick was still clueless.. I know it would be so hard for Elisa to tell Patrick that she's pregnant.. And its really complicated to tell him because Elisa has no chance to live now.

Why is it that this is happening to both of them? They’re really like the kindest people here on earth…it’s so unfair.

"So, you're Ms. Tiffany Sophia Blews right?" The doctor inquired me as she laid Elisa on the hospital bed. Elisa was now unconscious, lying on the hospital bed.

"Yes ma'am." I answered and she motioned me to sit down. I sat down in the small chair stool in the bedside table and I just looked at them. There were 2 doctors standing in front of me, the girl one looks old and the other one was average.

Dr. Brown started to change Elisa's clothes into hospital gown and I just wondered, why is this room have two beds?

"So, Elisa has called me last night and I found out that she's having a real hard time. But for a cancer patient with a short time to live, she's really strong." The doctor discussed and then I nodded.

"And what's worst, she's pregnant. Its really a miracle how a stage 3 cancer patient had develop a small life in her womb. Some of the cancer patients, their system can't have develop this big thing in their system specially when some of their organs have failed functioning."

“T-there’s one more thing though..” the guy doctor said that made me look at him.
I saw the girl doctor glared at him in shock and worry, but they just both nodded.

“I-It’s still a prototype…still under experimentation, but we do believe it’s ready…we just need test subjects.” The guy doctor said.

“W-what do you mean by that, doc?” I asked because Elisa is still shocked of the news.

“Like he said, we have no assurance if it will work. I-It’s a new method of transferring a fertile egg cell from one womb to another. It’s an innovative machine with tubes that will connect one woman’s womb to the other for a period of time in attempt to transfer the egg cell. Yes, this is scientifically impossible before BUT it COULD work now that we have all the technology we need.” The girl doctor explained that made us all stare at her in disbelief.

“The machine is all done and we have the go signal to test it…the problem is there’s no one who wants to try…I mean, this is also a matter of life and death for an unborn human.” The guy doctor said.

“We have no assurance if this will work, but we’re sure that it won’t affect the girls…the only thing at stake here is the baby.” The other doctor said.

Dr. Brown looked at me intently.
"So, it is the first time for us to use this machine," she said as she pointed out a small machine beside me.

"This is the one we should use in order to save the baby in her womb, and transposing it to your womb." She hopefully said to me as she looked at my strong friend.

“The only thing needed now is the other girl in whom the fertile egg cell will be transferred on.” The doctor said and with that my heart skipped a beat.

The process was really kind of hard to understand.

Thankfully, the doctor elaborated the details so well so I now know what to act and how to cope with it. I surely feel my system sunk as I heard the news but later on, I need to accept it for the sake of my best friend.

When doctor Brown and I was the only one left in the room, except for the unconscious Elisa.. She cupped my hands and pleases me with her eyes.
"please, I'm really pleasing you, please help her. That's her wish. To save what she and Patrick what have treasured." She cried and tears fell down in my eyes too.

"I..." I wiped my tears away, held Elisa's hands and looked at Dr. Brown.

"Can do it." I said and then I looked at the small machine beside me, the one that will save Elisa's child.

After few minutes of preparation, I lay to the bed and then looked at my tummy.

This is the last time I would be a virgin. For the minute that I woke up, I would be a mom.

The Novocaine was already beside me. It just have to inject in to my arms and after that I won't feel a thing. I will be numb.

"Ready?" Doctor asked me and the nurses have their tools.

"Yes." Once that I dropped the word, the whole thing changed. I'm afraid in needles, specially when it fell in to my skin. I hate it because sometimes I get so much reaction, sometimes, I get rashes, and today, I will be a mom. Just one word would take everything away from me. But brings me luck in return? I guess.

They slowly injected me the Novocaine, at first, it really sting, specially when it dug deep down my skin and then go to my nerves. It only made my system panic, not to feel calm at all.

After they inject me the needle, my palm is slowly sweating, I also feel like passing out. My tummy feels so funny, I want to scratch my neck, but I really have to be okay. I need to be fine.

'The process is finally complete'

But I guess, I just passed out when I felt the Novocaine reacted in to my whole body. I feel numb as my eyes shut down slowly, I tried to fight it. Really. I wanted to fight it but then I failed.

So, here I am now, cupping my tummy. I don't really feel a thing at first. I just want to stare at the blank ceiling, observing my own inside my mind. I wanna feel if something hurt in my system or something logged off when I was in a short slumber.

All that I can see and I can hear was just blankness. Nothing more and nothing less.

When I stare at my bestfriend, I don't feel pity over her. I just want to help her to fulfill anything that she likes to do before she drift to permanent slumber. If she would feel anything besides from happiness, it means that I didn't do my job well. I don't make up for her until her last breath. I want her to be happy and satisfied with her life.

But, I guess... Her life wouldnt be complete without Patrick and this angel in her. I really wish that I could tell Patrick what happened to Elisa, but Elisa would hate me all the way to her death if I did.  I just want her to be happy. That's all.

(Thanks for reading!  :"> )

Credits to TheFallOutAngel!  I just edited some stuffs and I'm really thankful! Please do check out her Band Prince fanfic if any of you don't check it out yet!

Stay cool young bloods!

Sorry if I just commit errors, the way that Wattpad fails completely definitely sucks.

I want the old wattpad back 😢 it consumes less internal storage (I guess) and it's so easier to publish stories. It sometimes fails for offline readings and editings but still, I can fix it tho.

😂any ways, thank you ATCAgainstTheCurrent for the comment that made me edit the stuff haha 😂 Patrick didn't knew a thing 😂😂 😂😂 thankieees again!! ❤❤Chey

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro