19. Punjabi Wedding

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Nandini was brought downstairs for chooda rasam dressed in a sparkling golden dress with Patiala type red pajama and red chunri. Her long wavy hairs flowing freely on her shoulder, long earrings dancing from her ears, small red bindi on her forehead with red lipstick on her luscious lips which would make any guy lose his control but thankfully Manik was not present there in the ritual. The cherry on the cake was the thaali tied by Manik this morning on her neck and little vermillion adored in her maang.

Nandini 👇 (for those who didn't read last part)

Nyonika, Akshara and Kiran are also present there as it is a Punjabi ritual and Murthys didn't know how it is conducted. The ritual was to be done by Nandini's mama but since she had none Nandini's brother, Abhimanyu will be doing this rasam. It was about to begin when Nandini asked.

N: *to Nyo* Nyo maa, where is Cabu bhai?

All were confused as to why she asked this question right now except Nyonika and Ishita who smiled at her.

Ak: Beta tum Cabir ke bare me kyu puch rahi ho?

N: *innocently* Chachi wo bhi to mere bhai hai na so wo bhi Abhi bhai ke saath yeh rasam karenge. *all smiled*

C: *coming from behind and smiling* I am here piddi! Do you really think I will miss this?

She smiled and side hugged him. Abhi and Cabir, on the instruction of Nyo and Kiran, sits for a havan during which the chooda, set of red and ivory bangles generally in a set of multiples of four, are purified in liquid mixture containing milk and rose petals. Nandini's head and face is covered during the ceremony as she is not supposed to see the chooda until the moment of her wedding. Cabhi then slip the Chooda into Nandini's hands and kiss her forehead. Flower petals are showered on her and she is also gifted her wedding lehenga. Navya and Keerti then ties in the Kalire around her wrist. With this, the rasam ended.

After the ritual, she came to her room when she received a flower bouquet by a servant. It was bunch of pink and white roses blooming with freshness and a beautiful fragrance. Confused on sudden flowers, she searched for a note after reading which a beautiful smile formed on her lips and heat crept on her cheeks!

I know our relationship has not reached red roses stage so I think these should do! Welcome to my world Mrs Malhotra! 💓💓 And I am thankful to Krishnaji, that he gave me two chances to make this angel mine. Get ready fast for our second wedding, I'll be waiting at the mandap! Don't make me wait much *winks*!

Your one and only pati! ❤

She thought to text him to thank him but decided to do it when they are face to face. With a beautiful blush she went to washroom!

Evening,
Malhotra farmhouse,
Raj entered Manik's room to see him ready in his sherwani looking ever charming and dashing with a beautiful smile lingering on his lips and Cabir and Naksh helping him.

Cabir 👇

Naksh 👇

Raj moved forward when everyone noticed him. He patted Manik's shoulder admiring him from top to bottom. He made him sit on the bed and started tying his pagri. Naksh left for other preparations.

Raj 👇

R: *tying Manik's pagri* Manu ek baat kahta hu yaad rakhna. Hamesha and I am serious always keep her happy no matter what! Wo uska ghar and family chod ke tere paas aa rahi hai and it may look easy to men but it's not at all easy to adjust in a new environment with new family. Although she knows us well, she would rely on you more so make her comfortable and never break her trust on you.

M: *smiling* I know dad and I promise you to always keep her safe and happy.

Ny: *entering the room with Naira* Bilkul Raj, mujhe mere Manu pe pura bharosa hai. *removing kajal from her eye and applying at the back of his ear to which he made a bad face as he hated it* Hayye mere bache ko kisi ki nazar na lage! Bilkul sona munda lag raha hai!

Raj, Cabir and Manik chuckles and hug her tight which was joined by Naira.

Nyonika 👇

Naira 👇

Soon they went down where other Malhotras were waiting. They all praised Manik and started the baraat to Murthy's. Although it was not that far but Nyo wished to enjoy his both sons' baraat to the fullest. All were dancing and enjoying to the fullest on the beats of bhangra whereas our dulha was sitting on ghori enjoying watching his family happy.

Murthy farmhouse,
Nandini was all decked up in her red lengha looking ever gorgeous and a total diva. Her heavy neck jewellery with a mang tika and a nose ring was just extending her beauty. All the beauticians were done with her makeup along with Keerti and Navya when Raman and Ishita entered.

Navya 👇

Keerti 👇

Ishita 👇

Raman 👇

Ra: Princess!

N: *turning to him* Appa mai kaisi lag rahi hu?

By now all the beauticians left the room along with Navya and Keerti to give them some privacy. Raman came forward and pecked her forehead lovingly with tears in his eyes.

Ra: Bilkul pari jaisi! Tum kab itni bari hogai pata hi nahi chala in fact aaj subah tak kuch aisa feel nahi hua but when I did your kanyadan, I realised you are now not only my princess but someone's queen too. Bacha I know tumari amma nai tumhe sab ache se samjhaya hoga but let me tell you one thing, maintaining a relationship is not easy but miscommunication can make it more difficult. So always voice out your feelings to him and ask him to do so too! Just the way you tell us everything, hmm?

N: *hugging him* Ji appa! I promise I will give my 100% in this relationship like I have seen my parents doing.

I: *caressing her hair* Bas toh phir, aur kya chahiye! I know my princess will be the best wife just the way she is the best daughter! And always remember we will always be there and we love you!

Ab: *standing at the door* But I love you the most baby doll!

N: *hugging Abhi* I love you too bhai and I will miss you the most!

Abhi 👇

Ab: Nah but I won't! Mere expenses bhi kam hojayenge ab Manik jo hai teri mange puri karne ke liye!

N: *hitting his chest lightly* Jhoot mat bolo, I know aap mujhe kitna miss karoge! And one more thing, aap ke expenses kabhi kam nahi honge because meri mange aapke paas kabhi kam nahi honge!

Ab: *getting emotional* And I will be glad to fulfil all your wishes until I can!

Their family moment was interrupted by Navya who came running and told them 'barrat agai'. All rushed downstairs except Nandini, who went to the window to get a glimpse of her hero who was riding the horse and coming to take her just like a king comes for his queen! ❤

Downstairs,
Manik along with the wedding procession i.e. Malhotras arrives at the Murthy farmhouse. They are met at the entrance by the Murthys and Goenkas who welcome them warmly by embracing each other. Manik is then welcomed by Ishita with a traditional aarti and tika on the forehead.

They then proceed to the hall and Malhotras were beaming in happiness seeing the decor! It was all decked with bright colours and fast music running in background all portraying a loud Punjabi wedding and it had love and warmth filled in the atmosphere which the Punjabis are well known for.

On entering the wedding hall, Manik is led towards the stage and he is made to stand upon a small pedestal. They all were chatting while Manik was just looking towards the stairs and Naira and Cabir was giggling at him making him annoyed. Putting an end to his wait, panditji asked to call the bride and this time girls went to bring her. Music changed indicating her arrival.

Khwaab Hai Tu..
Neend Hoon Main
Donon Milein Raat Bane
Roz Yahi Maangun Duaa
Teri Meri Baat Bane Baat Bane..

Main Rang Sharbaton Ka
Tu Meethe Ghaat Ka Pani
Main Rang Sharbaton Ka
Tu Meethe Ghaat Ka Pani
Mujhe Khud Mein Ghol De To
Mere Yaar Baat Ban Jaani

He was just staring at his wife with an open mouth! She was looking jaw droppingly gorgeous. She too was aware of his gaze and was constantly blushing looking down! She remembered the afternoon flower incident and her face became more flushed.

Manik 👇

Nandini 👇

Rang Sharbaton Ka
Tu Meethe Ghaat Ka Pani
Main Rang Sharbaton Ka
Tu Meethe Ghaat Ka Pani
Mujhe Khud Mein Ghol De Toh
Mere Yaar Baat Ban Jaani

Rang Sharbaton Ka
Tu Meethe Ghaat Ka Pani
Main Rang Sharbaton Ka
Tu Meethe Ghaat Ka Pani

C: *giggling and nudging Manik* Bhai muh band karlo, machar chale jaienge! And I don't want my bhabhi to taste machars when you kiss her! *he winked at end*

M: *glaring* Chi yaar Cabir! It was pathetic! Pls shut your mouth!

Nandini came on stage and stood next to him and whispered a thank you to him!

M: *frowning* Thank you? For what?

N: *smiling* For the beautiful gesture of sending flowers!

M: Well that's my right! Btw are you planning to kill me? *dreamily* I mean you look drop dead gorgeous!

N: *giggling* So is my plan working?

M: Totally!

O Yara Tujhe Pyar Ki Batiyaan Kya Samjhaavaan
Jaagti Ratiyaan Roz Bitaavaan
Isse Aage Ab Main Kya Kahun
O Yara Tujhe Dolti Ankhiyan Sadke Javaan
Maang Le Pakiyan Aaj Duvanva

Maine Toh Dheere Se
Neendon Ke Dhaage Se
Baandha Hai Khwaab Ko Tere..
Main Na Jahaan Chahun
Na Aasmaan Chaahun
Aaja Hisse Main Tu Mere

Their trance broke when panditji asked them to do varmala. This time Manik asked not to do anything and he just stood there. He put varmala around Nandini's neck and all threw flowers at them. Nandini then tried to put varmala but he was too tall for her and was not bending down at all. She was pouting but he didn't budge, so she turned to Abhi and Cabir who winked at her and both picked her up. She puts the varmala around his neck and all hooted.

Tu Dhang Chahaton Ka
Main Jaise Koi Naadaani
Tu Dhang Chahaton Ka
Main Jaise Koi Naadaani
Mujhe Khud Se Jod De To
Mere Yaar Baat Ban Jani

Rang Sharbaton Ka
Tu Meethe Ghaat Ka Pani
Main Rang Sharbaton Ka
Tu Meethe Ghaat Ka Pani

Manan then proceed to the wedding mandap and Manik is offered a small bowl of water that he must drink. He sprinkles some on his feet and drinks the rest. He is then offered a special concoction made with curd, honey, milk, ghee and other sacred essences. This is known as the Madhuperk as explained by panditji. He is to take a sip off this drink before the wedding rituals commence.

Tere Khayalon Se
Tere Khayalon Tak
Mera Toh Hai Aana Jana..
Mera Toh Jo Bhi Hai
Tu Hi Tha Tu Hi Hai
Baki Jahaan Hai Begana..

Tum Ek Musafir Ho
Main Koi Raah Anjani
Tum Ek Musafir Ho
Main Koi Raah Anjani
Man Chah Mod De To
Mere Yaar Baat Ban Jani

Mandap decor 👇

Next ritual was kanyadan. During this age-old Vedic ritual, Nandini is given away by Ishra to Manik. Raman requests Manik through Vedic mantras to take good care of his daughter and Manik accepts Nandini's hand and promises her father that he will treat her with utmost love and respect throughout his life.

Rang Sharbaton Ka
Tu Meethe Ghaat Ka Pani
Main Rang Sharbaton Ka
Tu Meethe Ghaat Ka Pani
Mujhe Khud Mein Ghol De Toh
Mere Yaar Baat Ban Jaani

Rang Sharbaton Ka
Tu Meethe Ghaat Ka Pani
Main Rang Sharbaton Ka
Tu Meethe Ghaat Ka Pani

Next, the couple gets up. Then ends of their dupattas are tied in a knot by Naira and they encircle the sacred fire four times. These pheras signify the four main aims of life: Dharma, Artha, Kama and Moksha. For the first three times, Nandini precedes Manik and for the final phera she must follow him. Whole family showered them with flowers whilst pheras.

O Yara Tujhe Pyar Ki Batiyaan Kya Samjhaavaan
Jaagti Ratiyaan Roz Bitaavaan
O Yara Tujhe Dolti Ankhiyan Sadke Javaan
Maang Le Pakiyan Aaj Duvanva
Isse Aage Ab Main Kya Kahun.

After completion of the Pheras, they settle down and Manik applies sindoor to the Nandini's hair parting. Some of it falls on her nose when Nyo chirps in saying it's a good shagun and the groom will love her bride a lot hearing which Manan blushed. He then ties the Mangalsutra around her neck.

Nandini's mangalsutra 👇

This completes the wedding rituals. They took blessings from elders and hugged the younger clan. All then hand dinner with lots of teasing and Manan holding hand!

Author's note: Hey guys! How is the update? Like it? What part do you like the most?
I am sorry for not updating almost a week but kya karu *pouts*, I was busy! But back with another beautiful update! So finally wedding done!

Few words on Manan!

Few words on Raj and Manik talk!

Few words on Nandini and her parents' talk!

Few on their wedding!

What do you want to see next? Do let me know!

Pls vote if you liked it, drop long inline comments and follow me!
Silent readers, it won't take long to press that star button so pls do!
Target :- 175+ votes on this part for next update!
Lots of love from Vaish! ❤

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro