57. Fighting the Evil

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Hey guys, I am really sorry, I know the target was complete but I have a test on 21st so I have to revise for that plus guest were coming and my brother's exams are coming so I have to help him too so I could only manage one update per week. Apologies!

Happy reading! 💓

Evening 6.45pm,
Taj hotel,
Manik reached the hotel where Khushi and his team was present from before. He asked her to check all the arrangements and make sure everything was ok. After a while the client came and soon Harshad with his PA and his team too came in with a smirk looking at Manik. Manik's eyes turned red seeing him, all those things he said to his Shona repeated in his mind making him angry but nevertheless controlled due to client's presence.

Mr Oman (client): *forwarding his hand* Hello Mr Malhotra! Have heard a lot about you, afterall owning a company at your age is not easy!

Manik: *smiling and shaking his hand* Thank you Mr Oman for your kind words! But there is a lot more to learn and lot more to achieve!

Mr Oman: Indeed young man, indeed! I was eager to meet you as you remind me of my beginning days and to work with you too but I heard you had a competition so loyalty first in business!

Manik: Ofcourse Mr Oman, I have no issues! And I believe the same!

Manager: *introducing Harshad to client* Sir.. Mr Saxena!

Mr Oman: *shaking hand* Hello Mr Saxena, pleased to meet you! *looking at Manik* So shall we do the work we are here for?

Manik: *smiling* Yes ofcourse, this way please.

Manik led them to the conference room where all the arrangements for the presentation was done. Soon the meeting started and as expected Harshad insisted on going first making Manik smirk internally. He started the presentation and smirked seeing Manik's fake shocked face. His presentation finished and all applauded except Manik. (Khud ki presentation pe koi applause thodi karta hai 😂😂)

In between his presentation, Manik kept checking his phone and sometimes texting and as it was dark, Mr Oman couldn't see it. Manik stood up next for the presentation and played it on projector making all the colours of Harshad's face drain as he thought the presentation he showed was the one Manik was going to show. Manik effortlessly spoke about the presentation, explaining every detail with full confidence and showed the quotations which matched perfectly with the product design and its specification. There was again round of applause for him after which the light turns on. Mr Oman asked few question to both companies where Harshad and his team lacked a lot because he clearly had no idea about details for the presentation he showed was made by Manik.

Mr Oman: Well gentlemen, both presentations were good however Mr Saxena your presentation lacked details and neither you explained it, it seems to me that you yourself was a bit confused about it so I think you should revise back all those details for the next deal if you ever are interested in working with me. And Mr Malhotra, just as I heard about you, your confidence in presentation and about your details satisfies me, there are few clauses where I would like to add but other than that, I would be glad to work with you!

Saying that he forwarded his hand which Manik shook with a small smile as he was still worried for reason known to all. Soon they signed the deal papers only after reading it properly and discussed on how to progress from there with next meeting dates. After that, drinks were served and now it was more like a meet and greet session with everyone walking round and talking. Harshad was fuming in anger on that spy of his, trying to contact him which Manik saw and smirked. His phone rang and he walked aside to talk.

Manik: Haa Cabir, whats the update?

Cabir: Manik woh toh nai mila lekin kuch aur mila hai which can help us.

Manik: Great tu aur buddy woh leke yaha aa jao at Taj tab tak iss chomu ka kuch karta hu.

They disconnected and Manik looked at Khushi and gestured her to do something seeing Harshad near the window, which was open, trying to call someone. Khushi smirked and went passed Harshad and pushed him slightly making his phone slip from his hand and there it went straight down the window.

Khushi: *gaining everyone's attention* I..I am so sorry Mr Saxena, I didnt hurt you right?

Harshad was about to shout at her but seeing everyone's gaze on him, he restrained.

Harshad: *with fake smile* Not at all Ms.

Harshad looked below the window making Manik smirk.

Manik: *from behind* 10th floor se gira hai Harshad... I dont think there is any chance!

Harshad: You...you bloody bastard, ye sab tumhara plan tha na so that I dont contact Ashish.. tumne hi usse galat presentation send karwaya na?

Manik: Well yes but right now I dont have time to give details to you as its dinner time, do wait for the answer which I will give in detail after the client leaves. Till then, dinner is on me so enjoy your loss!

Saying this he moved from there leaving a fuming Harshad. While downstairs as instructed by Manik, Ali found Harshad's phone and completely destroyed his sim, memory chip and the phone itself so that no videos can be retrieved from that. Soon the dinner was done and the client left. As soon as everyone except Harshad left, Cabir and Dhruv walked in while Manik gestured Khushi to leave too ensuring her safety.

Harshad: *shocked* Tum dono yaha kaise?

Manik: *gritting his teeth* Mai bata ta hu na.. so you send a spy in my company aur tumhe kya laga mujhe pata nahi chalega? *holding his collar* How dare you threaten Nandini using me haan? Himmat kaise hui teri? *punching his jaw* Tujhe kya laga she will not say anything to me? *another punch at the same place* Maine bola tha na ki Manik Malhotra jisko apna maanta hai usse protect karne ke liye kuch bhi kar sakta hai then how fucking dare you? *another punch* Meri Nandini kamzoor nahi hai, suna tumne?

And he punched his stomach making him land on floor. He stood up fuming and punched Manik making him stumble but Manik kicked him where the sun doesn't shine making him crimp in pain.

Manik: *pinning him on the floor and holding his collar* Bata tune Nandini ki clip kaha rakhi hai, jaldi bak because mujhe pata hai ki tere office mai toh nahi hai as jis Ashish ko tune bheja tha to spy on me, you forgot that he can do the same to you on my instructions. He has hacked all your computers and deleted every single data which is the biggest threat to your company... but shayad usne uski ek copy meri pass chod rakhi hai so if you want that...

Harshad: Nahi.. I dont have any clip of hers *before he could continue a punch was rewarded but this time it was Cabir* Cabir mai sach keh raha hu mere paas koi clip nahi hai..

Manik: Cabir rehne de... yeh aise nai bolega, buddy connect that USB.

It was a USB of Harshad's illegal drug business which he had hid in house basement and it has picture of the place including all the profit data sheet.

Manik: Now I think this will be enough for you to be in jail for more than a year... so if you dont want me to send this to police, bol kaha hai woh clip?

Harshad: Manik pls mai sach keh raha hu, maine sirf usse blackmail kiya tha so you back out lekin mere paas sach mai koi clip nahi hai...

Manik: *hitting him black and blue* And you want me to believe you? You know what tum aise nai manoge...

He called someone and the person came in 30 mins time. It was his college friend Nisarg who was a IPS officer too. Manik explained him everything and Nisarg suggested a Narco test, where he will be injected with some drug forcing him to say the truth and Manik agreed. They took him to police station along with all the proofs and did the test which showed that he was saying the truth, he had no clip what so ever but it came as a benefit as in the test he accepted all his illegal business and as they had proof, it wasn't very difficult to arrest him. Manik was also able to retrieve the conversation between Harshad and Nandini from one of her phone app which he had installed before she left for UK, for her safety. This proof showed that he blackmailed her and he was to be arrested in police station until court's verdict.

In all this, Manik kept texting Nandini every hour assuring her that all will be fine as he was really scared of her taking any wrong decisions. Soon the day ended on a good note and they all left for home.

Manik: *outside the station* Buddy, I dont know how to thank you, you have helped me a lot today. If you didnt take spare keys of Saxena house from Alya's purse and help find this without any questions, we would have never been able to retrieve this proof.. *hugging him* Thank you so much!

Dhruv: *hugging back* Shut up, how can I not help you? You have always been there for me than how can I back out? *breaking the hug* And I knew that tu kuch bol raha hai so it would be for a reason, dont worry lekin I am very tensed for Alya.. I dont know how she will react after all this upar se uski pregnancy...

Cabir: *keeping his hand on Dhruv's shoulder* Lekin she has to know na, usse kahi aur se pata chala then she will be hurt and aaj nahi toh kal usse pata chalna hi hai...

Manik: Buddy hum hai na, we will handle her, dont worry. Bring her to Malhotra mansion tomorrow morning, hmm?

Dhruv nodded and he left for Vedant mansion whereas here Manik thanked Cabir only to receive few punches on his stomach. They too left for Malhotra mansion being dead tired as it was already 1 in the morning. Entering the mansion, they met a worried Nyonika whereas Raj was trying to calm her.

Nyonika: *seeing both of them* Aa gaye tum dono, have you seen the time? Its nearly 2am, this is seriously heights of carelessness.

Her eyes then fell on Manik's cheek which had a bluish mark due to Harshad's punch and she panicked. She immediately rushed to him and cupping his face caressed the region making him hiss slightly.

Nyonika: *with teary eyes* Manu, ye.. yeh kaise hua?

Manik: *wiping her tears and kissing her forehead* Shhh.... mom, I am fine, infact more then fine... aap betho, I will explain!

He explained everything to his parents who were shocked but Manbir calmed them down. Nyo told Manik that Murthys deserve to know all this to which he assured that he will visit them tomorrow and say everything. Soon they retired to there room while Manik immediately called Nandu.

It was night time after dinner and Nandini was pacing around the room worried as Manik did not say anything after the meeting information. Seeing his video call, she immediately picked up and gasped seeing his face making Manik face palm as he completely forgot the bluish mark on his face.

Nandini: *with tears* Ma..Manik yeh kaise laga? Ayiappa bohot dard ho raha hoga na, aap ointment laga lo please, and pain killer bhi lelo and...

Manik: *interupting her train* Shh.... shh calm down, take a deep breath! God why is it so necessary for you ladies to cry.. are halka sa laga hai dont worry so much, okay?

Nandini: *calming down she asked hesitantly* Manik woh... woh kya hua... woh meeting? Clip?

Manik smiled and told her everything. She sighed and sat on the bed with her back resting on head rest. She closed her eyes as tears flowed from her eyes making Manik flinch but he knew she needed this. She quickly tried to wipe them but Manik stopped her.

Manik: Its ok bacha, let them flow, you need to cry it out but promise me that after today, you wont cry remembering this incident.

She nodded and sniffed for a while whereas Manik kept staring at her with his wet eyes. After a while she sobered up when he spoke.

Manik: *softly* Wanna talk about it?

Nandini: *nodding* Manik mai..mai dar gayi thi.. I knew I trust you but still I was scared, I couldn't help it! The night he called, I tried to call you but it was not reachable, I dont know how those hours went and when I slipped into unconsciousness. I.. I felt really alone at that moment, mai bohot weak hu na Manik.. I am so weak!

Manik: Shona nai, you are not weak at all. Aapko pata hai weakness kya hai bacha? Weakness is not getting scared but weakness is running away from something because you are scared. You didn't run, I have heard many people taking drastic steps in such condition but you didn't, you faced it, you didn't give up doing anything wrong, did you? Aap brave ho, aap mere bohot hi brave bachay ho and I am proud of you!

Nandini: In that sense, you are my strength. I didn't break down because mujhe pata tha aap mere saath ho, I knew you will be hurt the must with my any wrong decision so in short you are my strength, the one who makes me strong, the one who makes me feel secure, the one who I owe my life to!

Manik: *sternly* Nai... nai hu mai tumari strength, you know why? Because I bloody wasn't there when you needed me, I wasn't there when he called you and threatened you, I wasn't there to console you.... to take care of you, I bloody wasn't there! You.. you felt alone that night coz you were, humne to kasam khayi hai na to take care of each other in sickness...lekin mai nahi kar paya.. I failed Nandini, I failed! I am a fucking looser, infact tumari insab ka reason bhi mai hi hu.. he did this all because of me damn it!

Saying that he banged his hand on the side table as tears of frustration flowed freely from his eyes while she was crying coherently too nodding her head in a no as if telling him not to say this.

Nandini: *crying* Nahi Manik, aisa mat boliye... aise toh even I can say na that root of the problem was me... because he wouldn't have interrupted in this deal and invest those money if it wasn't for me.. he wanted you away from me so he did this, I am the reason for it but Manik aap hi ne kaha tha na ki I can never be wrong for you? Then how can you think all this has happened to me coz of you? Aise dusro ke bure kaam ko apne sar lena kaha ki samjhdari hai? I have understood that and its time for you to understand too. Wo insaan bura tha, his intentions were wrong and you are not responsible for others action... And you are talking about taking care.. then mai bhi kaha kar payi hu yeh Manik? *crying badly by now as same was the condition of Manik* Kitni gadhi thi mai, yeh socha ki agar maine bata diya about my health toh aapko worry hoga lekin yeh kyu nai socha ki aapse baat nai kahungi toh aapko aur worry hoga... Maine bhi toh nai socha ki mere Mani ko meri zarurat hogi.. how can I be so stupid? I am sorry Manik, please mujhe maaf kar dijiye...

Manik: *nodding in a no* No, I am sorry Nandu, ego toh maine bhi rakha na.. I could have called you but I didn't... I am very sorry!

Both cried for a while when a knock on Manik's door disturbed them. They both quickly wiped there tears when Nyo walked in with a glass of milk for him. He smiled seeing her and she walked to him. She saw Nandu and smiled more who returned the same smile. Nyo could easily see that both have cried and wanted to give them privacy but also knew ki ye rote rahenge if she dont step in.

Nyo: Tum dono ko pata hai, crying over something is ok lekin doing that again and again is stupid... I can see what was happening here and I know I shouldn't speak in between....

Nandini: *cutting her* Maa aap aisa kyu bol rahe ho?

Nyo: Because its the truth.. its a couple's matter but you both need to let go.. aise bohot situations ati hai life mai, mai yeh toh nahi kahungi ki bhul jao jo bhi hua because you cannot and you should not, infact you should learn from it but dont ruin your present with your past baki I know mere bache smart hai, they can cheer up each other.

She said ending with a smile making both smile too. But her next statement brought frowns on Manik's head seeing which Nandini press her lips to stop herself from laughing.

Nyo: Chalo Manu, haldi wala dudh pe le.. I know tune thik se khaya nai hoga!

Manik: *making a bad face* Mom.. yeh nai pls... haldi wala dudh kyu? Nai na mom please...

He was behaving like a kid and Nandu couldn't hold and burst into laughter gaining mother-son duo who were arguing. Seeing her laughter they both smiled as they saw it after days. She stopped laughing and looked at Nyo who secretly winked making her smile mischieviously.

Nandini: *smiling mischievously* Kya hua Manuuu... peeyo na...

Manik: Oye dont call me Manu.. ek toh mom bulati hai woh kam hai.. I hate this name Manu..

Nyonika: *smirking* Ha ha ab toh Mani hi pasand hoga tumhe, kyu? Joru ka ghulam...

Nyonika teased making Nandini blush whereas Manik looked here and there.

Nyo: *laughing* Acha yeh jaldi se pi mujhe neend aa rahi hai

Manik: Haa toh aap jao mai pi lunga..

Nyo: Jee Nahi.. yeh tactics nahi chalegi.. maa hu mai teri, sab pata hai.. kal subah ye glass waisa ka waisa hoga so drink now warna Nandu, phone kat de..

Manik: No... peeta hu!

He drank making a bad face and closing his nose making both the ladies laugh. Soon Nyo left after instructing Nandini to take proper care of herself. Manan kept talking to each other, in lying position on bed, this time mood was happy. Soon Manik slept off while she didn't get any response and saw him sleeping like a baby making her go aww.

She kissed his cheek from the phone screen and admiring him, slept off waiting for a new morning with new energies!

Author's note: Hey guys, how's the update? 3200+ words huff! There are some loose ends in this part but I will try to settle it in next one!

Liked Harshad's ending? Those who didnt, dont worry, he will be coming back but not for a while!

Manan's vulnerable state! Too emotional right?

What next do you wanna see? Other then them meeting coz that cannot happen yet!

Pls vote if you liked it, drop long inline comments and follow me!
Silent readers, it won't take long to press that star button so pls do!
Target :- 690+ votes on this part for next update!
Lots of love from Vaish!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro