77. Brothers! ❤

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Malhotra mansion,
Night 9.30pm,
All the younger clan were sitting in the living room discussing on what to do when Naira's phone rang. She looked at the caller and immediately felt nervous but then saw Cabir and Manik looking at her with who-is-it face so she masked a smile on her face.

Naira: Umm its my friend.. excuse me!

Manik: *whispering to Cabir* Which is this friend of hers who call so often?

Cabir: *nodding and whispering back* I agree she has been a lot busier since she came back.

Manik: Do you think she in some kind of trouble?

Cabir: I dont think so because if it is something like that the she would tell us first.

Manik: But what if she is hesitating?

Cabir: *nodding thoughtfully* We should find out!

Nandini: I dont think so..

Manbir suddenly snapped their head in her direction with shock. She was sitting next to them so could clearly hear them. She somewhere down the line knew that Naira is hiding something but she also knew that she just needs some time so decided to save her sweet little sister-in-law from the protective brothers.

Manik: Nandini what are you..

Nandini: I am saying right only.. its her friend who is calling. Her friend is having some family issues so Naira is just being in good friend's shoes. Chill out you both and let her be... if there is something she will tell you!

Cabir: *not convinced* Are you sure?

Nandini: *sternly* Yes Cabu bhai and you both should stop treating her like she is 5 now.. she is mature enough just give her some space. She will definitely tell you if there is something wrong! And no more discussion on this!

Arya: Ye tum teeno kya kusur pusur kar rahe ho..

Nandini: *throwing pillow at him* Kuch nahi bandar.. faltu na socha kar pehle kya karna hai abhi wo sochle..

Arya: *throwing it back at her* Sali chuhiya tujhse kisine pucha kya?

Neha: *rolling her eyes* Time out guys! Tum dono kahi bhi shuru ho jate ho!

Alya: Exactly.. we have been to zoo!

Cabir: Uhh make up kit..

She glared at him so he corrected not wanting to argue with a pregnant lady with dangerous mood swings.

Cabir: I mean Alya yaha zoo kaha se aya?

Mukti: *hitting his head* Abe oo turkey ke brain wale.. she meant she doesnt want a tour of zoo animals which these two are giving! *pointing at NanYa*

Manik: Hadh hai.. matlab ye dono kam the ki tu bhi zoo tour mai lag gayi Mukti? And why exactly turkey?

Mukti: *smiling sheepishly* Kyuki I have heard that they are the dumbest animal!

Dhruv: But turkey is a bird not an animal..

Abhi: Ohho teacher ji.. thank you for letting us know warna toh hume pata hi nahi chalta ki turkey is a bird.

Dhruv made a bad face. While Nandini being irritated shouted.

Nandini: Chupppp! Yaar kaha ki baat kaha le gaye..

Arya: I agree and they say hamara lamba chalta hai..

Nandini gave him a I feel you bro look.

Cabir: Waise mujhe ek baat samajh nai ayi..

Manik: As usual!

He muttered but everyone could hear as they giggled.

Cabir: *glaring at him* Chup kar kameene! Tu bada Einstein hai na..

Navya: Err Cabir, Manik bhai is so good looking.. and kaha Einstein.

Manik gave Navya a bright smile.

Mukti: Ouch.. that's quiet an insult of Einstein Navya!

Abhi: Badi fikar hai tumhe Einstein ki.. kabhi meri bhi kar liya karo.. tum toh roh meri insult karti ho!

Abhi spoke in the flow but then realising that he just talked with Mukti whom he is currently having an argument with, he looked away making Mukti smile sadly same as Nandini. But she decided to change the topic to avoid awkwardness

Nandini: *giggling* Bhai aap khud hi pol khol rahe ho sabke saamne..

Dhruv: No wonder why my sister does your kachra daily.. anyway Cabir teri query andar rakh ke tu phat jayega.. usse pehle shoot!

Cabir: Sala pura question hi bhool gaya is kameene ki wajah se *glaring at Manik*..

Manik: *nodding in affirmation* Mukti confirmed hai.. turkey nai he has a brain of goldfish..

Mukti laughed at high fighed with Manik while Cabir hit them both with pillow shouting a shut up!

Cabir: Yaad agaya turkey se.. I was wondering why turkey only.. why is that poor dude the dumbest? And in logo ko pata kaise chala that it is the dumbest

All gaped at him as if he has eaten a rat which made him shift in his place getting uncomfortable under their gaze.

Arya: *pissed* Ab tujhe ye naya shaukh chada hai vet banneka? Turkey ki anatomy seekhne nikla hai ab tu.. hadh hai! Cabir please dont forget you are CEO of MI!

Neha: Ha please pagal mat ho jana, meri Nanad ka kya hoga?

Navya: Dont worry bhabhi.. mujhe Shanti milegi tab toh! Na hi mujhe turkey brain wale se and nahi goldfish brain wale se shadi karni padegi!

Everyone burst out laughing excluding Cabir who made a bad face. Naira who returned with a frown on her head slumped herself next to Navya. Her frown was seen by Nandini and Manbir. Nandini turned to look at Manbir and they gave a We-told-you-something-is-wrong face making her glare at them.

Dhruv: Ok leave this guys, what should we do bolo jaldi se?

Neha: Dhruv we girls already decided on a movie but you boys cant even decide which one.. you all are useless!

Nandini: Cant agree more..

Alya was getting quite uncomfortable but seeing everyone chilling she didnt say anything but Navya saw this and asked her gaining everyone's attention.

Navya: Alya kya hua? Are you ok?

Alya: Ya Navya I am fine.

Dhruv: *getting up and kneeling in front of her* Baby whats wrong?

Alya: Umm guys woh do you mind if I ditch you guys on your plan of movie night.. actually I am a bit tired and want to lie down a bit..

Abhi: Dont be silly Alya you should go and rest!

Dhruv: I'll come with you..

Alya: No baby you join them..

Dhruv: I dont want to without you.. come lets get you and baby rested..

Alya smiled looking at him and kissed his cheek making others hoot while Dhruv shied being the shy boy he is. After they left Mukti spoke up.

Mukti: Guys lets watch horror movie.. it will be so much fun at night!

Cabir: I love you yaar Muku.. ye hui na meri evil twin wali baat! I am in!

Manik: Me too!

Naira: Me three!

Arneha agreed too but Nandini and Navya looked at each other with wide eyes and then made a crying face.

Navya: *confirming* Mukti horror movie?

Abhi: *trying to suppress his laughter looking at NavNi's face* Kya Navu.. usne ek baar bola toh sahi horror.. usme confirm kyu kar rahi ho?

Mukti: Wait a min.. dont tell me you are scared?

Neha: *laughing* Mukti there is one more! *pointing at Nandini*

All looked at her making her look down embarrassed.

Nandini: Ne..Neha jooth mat bol! I.. I am not sc..scared!

Neha: Ofcourse not!

Navni glared at Neha making her giggle.

Cabir: Fine then if you both are not scared than I dare you to complete whole movie with us tonight! Bolo manzoor?

Navni were in a fix but Nandini mustering up some courage spoke up.

Nandini: Manzoor!

Manik smirked looking at her while she glared at him. They all left to the theatre room in the mansion. They decided to play It chapter 2 and then settled on the seats. Front row was Arneha, then Mukbhi, then Cavya and last row was Manan and Naira because them three being single apparently! The movie started and so did Nandini's Ayiappa chant but only she could hear it. After a while, Manik felt her holding his hand tightly and looked at her to see her shivering in fear.

Manik: *murmuring* Shit!

He immediately scooped her in his arms while she hid her face in her chest. He tried to calm her down by rubbing her arms and whispering sweet nothings in her ear whereas on his other side Naira was already fast asleep being tired so she didnt notice Manan's position.

Manik: Shh..shhh relax bacha! I am here see.. nothing will happen! This all is fiction, its not real! I am here relax!

Nandini: Ma..Mani!

Manik: Ji Mani ki jaan! I am here only.. come lets walk out.

He was about to get up but she held him and nodded in a no. He nodded in disbelief.. this girl and her stubbornness to win challenges. He didnt say anything but simply just pulled her more into him such that she was almost sitting in his lap while she had her arms wrapped completely around his waist. She looked up at him to find their lips inches apart. He too noticed that and slowly kept his lips on hers. They weren't kissing, it was a mere peck but a long one 😉.

Suddenly the girls screamed making Manan jerk apart and move away while Naira too woke up. Actually a scary scene came up making them scream. Manan and Naira chuckled seeing them and Naira's attention went to Manan where Nandini was now completely caged in his arms, sitting on his lap with her legs on one side. She smirked looking at them while Nandini blushed and tried to move apart but he didnt let her. Instead he gestured Naira to look in the front. She giggled and yawning, left the theatre room to catch some zzzs.

Nandini comfortably snuggled into Manik after Naira left and soon enough she fell asleep. Manik tried to watch the movie but his most attention was on his bacha sleeping so cutely snuggled into him. His one hand was wrapped around her waist provinding support whereas other was in her hold. He just couldn't tear apart his vision from her to the screen. When the movie was near the end, Manik woke her up and they both sat a bit away to avoid any questions. After the movie, all left to their rooms to sleep wishing each other good night. Mukti and Navya took up one of the guest room, Dhrulya in one, Arneha in one, Abhi was with Manik whereas Nandini was with Naira as usual.

After everyone departed, Nandini knocked on her room door as it was closed and because Abhi was in there she knocked. Abhi shouted come in so she pushed the door a bit and was walking to the bedroom when she heard water sound from washroom and realised Manik is in there. She went in to see Abhi talking to someone on phone in his balcony. Nandini went and tapped his shoulder to which he turned and disconnected the call.

Abhi: Baby doll! Kuch chahiye tha?

Nandini: *nodding in a no* Baat karni thi.

Abhi: *smirking* But Manik is in the washroom!

Nandini: *smirking back* I know! I wanted to talk to you!

Abhi: Me? Whats it?

Nandini: Umm woh kiska call tha?

Abhi: Oh this, it was one of the UK friend who called to say sorry that he wont be able to make it to marriage.

Nandini mouthed an oh and then stood silent. He looked at her with narrowed eyes and decided to break the silence.

Abhi: Surely this is not the only thing you came to talk about.. so speak up doll! Why are you so hesitant?

Nandini: *fidgeting her fingers* Woh its about you and bhabhi! *he gestured her to continue* Umm look bhai I didn't mean to but I overheard your fight with bhabhi yesterday. I was leaving when I saw you both but then heard my name so I kinda stopped.

Abhi widened his eyes but then sighed and turned to the railing.

Abhi: Its late Nandini, you should sleep!

Nandini: Bhai you know amma used to say that both her children are equally stubborn. So you know you cant use this line to change the subject. And I know you are not angry with me overhearing so drop this stern face. And I am sorry! I know I shouldn't interfere but..

Abhi: Stop it! You know I hate when you say sorry to me!

Nandini sighed and holding his hand, she pulled him to the sofa in the balcony and making him sit, she held his hand.

Nandini: *sighing* Bhai why are you fighting with her?

Abhi: You also know the reason Nandu!

Nandini sighed remembering their words.

Flashback
Nandini went to call Mukti for dinner yesterday night when she heard their conversation.

Mukti: Abhi baat toh karo mujhse.. tell me why are you behaving so coldly with me?

Abhi: You really dont know Mukti?

Mukti: No Abhi I dont please tell me meri konsi baat se bura laga hai tumhe? You are not talking to me properly since a week.

Abhi: *chuckled sadly* As if I am enjoying that...

Mukti: *gritting her teeth* Well you clearly are enjoying ignoring me.. and I have had enough of your silence. I need answer!

Abhi: Toh suno! I dont know Mukti if you have really accepted my family as yours and I wont even force you to but atleast respect them!

Mukti: What are you..

Abhi: Nandini... I am talking about Nandini! Listen Mukti just like you are for your family even for my family, my sister is the most precious. I really didnt like the way you called her a stranger in that bet incident that too in front of everyone. It did hurt her I could see it in her eyes but she did not show it to anyone. She never would too but that does not mean I can give anyone the right to hurt. And I mean anyone be it my own fiancee.

Mukti: *shocked* What? I.. Abhi believe me I didnt mean it like that. I just meant she is not that close to Manik.

Abhi: And how did you judge that Mukti? You know how close Murthys are with Malhotras and in a minute you just called her an outsider.. do you know how upset that could make anyone? And chalo chodo you didnt know about Manik and Nandini being good friends but she is your sister-in-law atleast give her the respect she gives you!

Mukti looked at him shocked but realising her fault she looked down as tears formed in her eyes.

Mukti: Abhi I swear I didnt mean it like that! I am sorry please... I will apologise to her too.

Abhi: Please dont! I know her and she wont like it plus I dont want her to remember it again! I just want you to think before you speak from next time!

Saying this he left the room while two important ladies of his life were in tears. One because she has managed to hurt her to be family and other by seeing the love of her brother. Nandini who hid behind the door had a sweet smile seeing his brother's love for her but she also felt bad for Mukti. She wanted to console her but Mukti ran to the washroom closing the door.
Flashback end.

Nandini: Bhai you know that I love you both a lot right?

Abhi: Doll is that even a question to ask?

Nandini: To phir bhai I cant see you both like this. What do you think? I dont know how much sad you are staying away from bhabhi? And she.. its her wedding bhai! Har ladki ka dream hota hai to have a dream happy wedding and jab uska to be husband usse naraz ho toh woh kabhi bhi andar se khush nahi ho sakti and I dont want her to regret her whole life that she wasnt happy on her wedding. Trust me bhai mujhe bura utna tab nahi laga jitna ab lag raha hai knowing that I am the reason behind a fight in between my bhai and bhabhi.

Nandini looked down as she couldn't handle her emotions. Abhi too was feeling guilty since yesterday after his outburst at Mukti. It wasnt as big of a matter as much big as he made it to be but he couldnt help be overprotective when it comes to Nandini. He wanted to apologise to Mukti too but things are still awkward. But as soon as Nandini said the last line he snapped his head towards her and holding her hand nodded in a no.

Abhi: Shut up ok! You are no where at fault. Why are you blaming yourself? *wiping her tears* Shh.. stop crying doll!

He hugged her tightly while she too snuggled in her brother's warmth making him pat her head.

Nandini: *breaking the hug* Bhai kuch mangu?

Abhi: Just say it!

Nandini: Sort it out with bhabhi before we leave for Jaipur! I want to see her happy face please! *Abhi nodded making her pout* Nai na aise nai... *forwarding her hand* Nandini promise?

Abhi chuckled and held her hand. He pinched her cheeks lightly making her giggle. They were in their brother sister world unknown to someone who was admiring them from the room. Ofcourse it was Manik. He came when Nandini was asking Abhi to sort out with Mukti. He didnt know the reason but even he could see something off with Mukbhi and was happy that now it will be ok! He entered the balcony clearing his throat gaining their attention.

Manik: Any important meeting going on between brother and sister?

Nandini: *folding her hand near her chest* Oh yes Mr Malhotra! And its confidential!

Abhi and Manik chuckled seeing her cute drama while she too smiled. She side hugged Abhi wishing him good night and walked to Manik who hugged her kissing her forehead making her blush as Abhi was there. She wished him good night and left the room.

She went to her room to see the water jug empty and taking it she went to kitchen to fill it up as nowadays Naira is having cough so she needs water in the middle of the night. When she was returning she saw a figure climbing stairs to terrace and she squinted her eyes and realised its Manik so she quickly kept the jug in the room, took a shawl and climbed to the terrace.

Manik was standing on the terrace with his hands in his pocket watching the stars when he felt something warm around him in the cold windy night. He looked down to see him being wrapped in a shawl by his wife. She came in front and side hugged Manik snuggling into his chest. He smiled widely and wrapped his right arm around her covering both of them with the shawl and she looked up at him with a smile.

Manik: *kissing her forehead* Tum soyi nahi?

Nandini: Aap bhi toh jag rahe ho..

Manik sighed without saying anything.

Nandini: Kya baat hai? Aap pareshan lag rahe ho?

Manik: *gazing the sky* Kuch nahi just office matter..

Nandini: *nodding* Share with me.. maybe I can't help much but you will feel better.

Manik: Its just... after we come back from Jaipur, a project is due in 2 days time. Its not a big issue but I won't be here to look after and my staff can manage but me being here to look after it makes a big difference. So just a bit worried.

Nandini: *after a pause* Toh you can arrange some of your departmental managers to look over right? And a skype call with them to see the progress?

Manik smiled looking at her. She does not belong to this field yet she is trying to find a solution for him so that he does not stay tensed. He bend down kissing her softly and left her lips after sucking them making her blush a bit.

Manik: I know jaan! But the managers already have a lot on their plate coz of me not being there.. anyways I still have arranged meetings every couple of days to check on it, just hoping for the best!

Nandini: Dont worry! Ayiappa will surely help you! So chale, kafi der ho gayi hai aapko kal jana bhi hai office..

Manik pouted and nodded in a no. She giggled looking at his cute face and cupped his cheek.

Nandini: Why no baby? Sona nahi?

Manik: *nuzzling in her hair* Tumhare bina neend kaha ati hai.. kal raat bhi so nahi paya tha..

Nandini: *sighing* Mai bhi...

Manik: *holding her hand* Chalo mere saath..

He pulled her along with him while it was so sudden for her that she was almost dragged until the terrace door without being conscious about it.

Nandini: *coming in sense* Kaha ja rahe hai hum?

Manik: Shh dont make noise.. just come ok!

Manik took her to one of the room and entering inside he bolted the door. Nandini looked at him with a confused face.

Manik: *rubbing his nape* I know its a bit awkward.. ye Naksh bhai and Keerti bhabhi ka room hai but see all three guest rooms are occupied and mere room mai mere saath Abhi tha so this is the only room left.. baki sare elders ke room hai so that's even more awkward. Yahi so jate hai aaj, I really need some sleep yaar and tera bhai kya kharate marta hai..

She laughed hearing the last line while he made a bad face.

Nandini: But Mani kisine dekh liya toh?

Manik: *yawning* Are yaar no one will see.. and dekh liya toh dekha jayega tab... chal ab sote hai!

Nandini gave up as even she couldn't sleep much last night without him. They both went to the bed and took their respective sides.

Manik: *laying down* Ab kya kar rahi ho yaar.. come na!

Nandini: *on her phone* Mani alarm laga rahi hu 6 baje ka.

Manik: What? 6? Are you mad? Abhi already 1 baj raha hai, itni jaldi kyu uthna hai tumhe?

Nandini: *sighing and turning to him* Sab uthe usse pehle utna hai mujhe! So I can leave this room.

Manik: Ha bas durr hi bhago tum mujhse.. allergy hai na tumhe mujhse..

She giggled and keeping the phone on side table, she lied down keeping her head on his chest and one hand over his torso. Manik too wrapped his one arm around her waist.

Nandini: *kissing his chest* Good night Mani!

Manik: *pecking her head* Good night love!

Author's note: Hey guys! How's the update?

Gosh 3770+ words! I know some of you might think I am dragging it and I am sorry if you feel so but I just write what comes in my mind.

Many of you wanted the scene where Abhi confronts Mukti and some didnt wanted it so I just added and those who dont want can ignore that part!

Pls vote if you liked it, drop long inline comments and follow me!
Silent readers, it won't take long to press that star button so pls do!
Lots of love from Vaish!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro