86. Secret Revealed!

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The wedding rituals were completed and the next day everyone departed to Mumbai where bidaai of both brides was conducted. It was a happy time for all except Manan as Manik was in Malhotra mansion whereas Nandini was in Murthy Villa because Mukti didn't know about Nandini being married. The day went by easily as Manik was super busy with his project at office whereas Nandini was with Abhi at the new hospital being built, looking after the types of machinery required but the real trouble came at night. Both of them had dinner and departed to their rooms. As soon as Nandini reached her room, her phone rang with his video call.

Manik: Hey Wifey!

Nandini: Hello Hubby! How was your day?

Manik: *stretching* Uhh it was tiring. Yours?

Nandini: We went to the hospital as new machineries were ordered so it was kind of induction given by the company's engineers. It was fun to be back in the hospital actually! I cant wait to join. How is your project going?

Manik: That's good to hear and the project is going as planned so far which is good. Should be done in 2 days! Waise when is the inauguration of the hospital?

Nandini: Date isn't decided yet but the first week of December.

Manik: *nodding* Waise we are back to this long-distance video calls haan?

Nandini: *giggling* I missed them actually.. when we are together we hardly get to talk..

Manik: *smirking* Thats coz you cant keep your hands to yourself when I am near you!

Nandini: *rolling her eyes* Mr Self obsessed Malhotra, I meant that someone or the other is interrupting or we used to be too tired.

Manik: Yh yh whatever reason makes you sleep tonight.

Nandini: *sighing* Though I dont wanna sleep without you!

Manik: I know bacha, I am missing you already and its been only a day.

Nandini: Mani I thought of something.

Manik: What? *chuckling* You wanna sneak out?

Nandini: Manik I am serious.

Manik: Acha bolo kya hua? All ok?

Nandini: Wo I was thinking that all the Malhotras and Murthys know about our marriage right?

Manik: Ha so? Come to the point Nandini?

Nandini: Relax Mani, its nothing that serious, I was saying ki all know about it except bhabhi.. she is a Murthy too now so dont you think she deserves to know? Unhe kahi aur se pata chala toh she would feel as if we have not accepted her in the family which isn't the case.

Manik: But what about Alya?

Nandini: Mani Alu di ki delivery ko 2 months baki hai abhi toh, do you think we should wait for this much? And its not like bhabhi cant hide at all, its just for 2 months she has to hide. I feel like now is the right time to let her know. This way even we dont have to live away. She is happy, we are happy, everyone happy. What say? Think about it.

Manik: *sighing* I dont know Nandini, ever since Harshad got arrested, I was eager to tell them but now I dont know.. I am scared. You know what, why dont we talk to our parents and see what they think. Maybe if we are wrong then they will tell us and we wont do it.

Nandini: Sounds good to me!

Manik: Cool then we will talk with them ..

Manan: This week/tomorrow!

Nandini: Why do you wanna wait? I wanna be with you this week.

Manik: Why is there anything special?

Nandini: *chuckling* As if you dont know.

Manik: No I dont!

Nandini: Really?

Manik: What?

Nandini: Nothing I am sleepy, Good night!

Manik: Oh ok but dont forget to talk to Ishi maa and papa. Good night bacha! Sweet dreams!

Nandini: *disconnecting* Sweet dreams my foot! Ayiappa he forgot! Monster!

She stomped her foot and went off to bed to catch some zzzs. Next morning she woke up, got dressed in a baby pink tee and white jeans, went to the temple in house, prayed and went to the kitchen to see Mukti and Ishita drinking coffee and giggling.

Nandini: *pouting* Mujhe toh sab bhul gaye!

Mukti: *smiling and hugging her* Are choti you woke up! Good morning!

Nandini: Good morning bhabhi! Good morning Amma!

Ishita: Good morning gudiya!

Nandini: So early morning saas bahu coffee date? Mai bhi karti... I mean karungi meri mother in law ke saath!

Mukti: *chuckling* Amma kisi ko shadi karne ki bohot jaldi hai..

Ishita: And mujhe bhi toh grandchildren chahiye toh shadi toh karwani padegi na ab sara pressure tum pe and Abhi pe thodi daal sakti hu..

Mukti blushed whereas the mother-daughter duo laughed. They all finished their coffee and made breakfast after which Mukti went to wake up Abhi and Nandini dragged Ishita to Ishra's room.

Raman: Are princess, subah subah yaha!

Nandini: *hugging him tight* Good morning Appa!

Raman: *chuckling* Good morning!

She then made both Ishita and Raman sit and talked about what she discussed with Manik yesterday. They agreed that it was a good idea making her relieved. Here on the other side, Manik talked with his parents and Cabir who all agreed that it would be the right thing to do. He was happy that it would be one less person he will have to care about when being with his shona. But now he was nervous about how Mukti would take it as he dont want any problems in their friendship. He texted Nandini that he will be there after office and they will talk than to which she agreed.

In evening, Manik came to Murthy villa and was welcomed by a surprised Mukti who opened the door.

Mukti: *side hugging* Manik tu yaha, what a surprise! Come sit!

They both settled on the couch while Manik was looking here and there. Today he was nervous in front of his friend for the first time.

Mukti: You didnt say, tum achanak yaha?

Manik: Tujhse baat karni thi!

Mukti: Kya hua already missing me?

Manik: *chuckling* Ya very much, tera bina Cabir ko nahi jhela jata! *both laughed* Waise sab kaha hai?

Mukti: Amma appa went to attend a function, Abhi ko office mai kaam tha so he went for few hours, ate hi honge and about choti she is in her room we were just spending some time when usse hospital se call aa agaya so I came downstairs and here you are! Tu bata kya baat karni thi?

Manik: Ek kaam karta hu let me get freshen up, I need to use washroom anyway so sab ko aa jane do then I will say.

Mukti: Cool!

He went upstairs to his and Cabir's room, changed his clothes, went to Nandini's room and knocked on the door.

Nandini: Ayi bhabhi ek min.. *opening the door* Manik aap.. when did you come?

Manik: *going in* Ha just few minutes ago.

Nandini: *side hugging him* How was your day?

Manik: *pecking her temple* Hmm it was good.

Nandini: *breaking the hug* Kya baat hai aapka mood ukhda ukhda lag raha hai.. all ok?

Manik: *sighing* I am just nervous about Mukti's reaction..

Nandini: Me too.. pata hai thodi der pehle bhabhi came to talk and mera dimaag bas yahi soch raha tha ki let her be the same after she knows the truth.

Manik: I hope so!

Nandini: *holding his hand* Manik itna tension mat lijiye hum dono saath hai na, we will see to it ki she doesnt stay upset and fir bhai bhi toh hai.

Manik: Which reminds me, woh aa gaya hoga so lets go downstairs.

He stood up to go but she held his wrist from behind making him turn to her. She made a hand gesture asking him to bend down. He did so and she cupped his face and kissed his forehead.

Nandini: Frown dont suit you, dont worry so much baby! Now chalo!

Manik: *pecking her lips* I love you so much!

Nandini gave him a heartwarming smile and both went downstairs to see Mukbhi sitting in the living room from the stairs. Manik held her hand and she pressed it assuring him. They both went to the living room and greeted Abhi.

Abhi: Manik you here?

Manik: Ha actually had to talk with Mukti..

Mukti: Ha yaar bata de mujhe kabse curiosity ho rahi hai.. itna suspense kyu badha raha hai?

Nandini: Actually bha..bhi woh..

Manik: Mukti we wanted to say that..

Mukti: What the hell guys, bolo bhi!

Abhi: Are you guys..

Manan nodded understanding what Abhi wanted to ask. Abhi sighed and moved closer to Mukti holding her hand.

Mukti: Guys you all are scaring me now and Abhi you know too? Aisi kya baat hai?

Manik took a deep breath and held Nandini's hand.

Manik: Mukti I am married to..

Mukti: *interrupting him* What the fuck Manik! Ye kaisa mazak hai? You are married? Look its really not a nice prank.

Manik: Mukti sun to yaar... its not a prank. Do you think I will prank on something like this? *she nodded in no* The circumstances was such that marriage had to happen and we had to keep it hidden. We will explain everything but you need to be patient.

Mukti: *raising her voice* Patient? My best friend is married and I didnt know and now you expect me to be patient? When did it happen?

Manik: *looking down* 12th Feb this year..

Mukti: What the.. its been more than 9 months and you are telling me now? And you guys *looking at Nanbhi* You both knew he is married?

Nandini: Bhabhi uss waqt situation ye thi ki if the marriage didn't happen, Raj papa would have been arrested..

Manik: And if we told everyone about our marriage, it would have created problems for our other family.

Mukti: *confused* Kya matlab? Please elaborate..

Manik explained her everything in detail and realising the situation Mukti calmed down a bit but she was still upset with him. But more than that she was curious.

Mukti: Who is your wife? Do we know her? Do you like her or its just a business deal?

Manik: No its not a business deal, its an arrange marriage like yours and we both are madly in love and you know her well.

He looked at Nanbhi who nodded while he side hugged Nandini pulling her closer.

Manik: *smiling proudly* She is Nandini Manik Malhotra! My wife! My life!

Nandini looked at him with admiration regardless of the situation right now. The pride in his voice while voicing this out erupted thousands of butterflies in her belly. She felt so much fortunate that this man is hers, solely hers!

Mukti had her mouth wide open not being able to digest the news. She kept looking between Manik and Nandini while Abhi squeezed her shoulder bringing her back from the shock. She stood up and walked away to her room while Manan looked at her worried.

Abhi: Guys give her some time, she needs to process everything. Mai dekhta hu usse.

Abhi walked into their room to see Mukti standing by the window lost in her thoughts. He sighed and back hugged her making her aware of his presence.

Mukti: *sadly* You knew about them Abhi and you didnt bother to tell me.

Abhi sighed and breaking the hug, turned her towards him.

Abhi: *cupping her face* Mukti it was not my place to say anything. You have no idea how hard it was for me to hide such a big thing from you but to let you know or not, was not my decision to make, it was theirs. And having said that Muku, it wasn't easy for them either. Their relationship was no cakewalk and hiding from their friends was even harder for them. You know they hardly knew each other for 10 days and they were married. After marriage in a week doll had to go back to London for studies and Manik was here looking after his business. Imagine barely knowing each other and then a long-distance relationship.. but they held on. I have seen them the happiest when Manik went to London on his birthday time if you remember. Then again being away for another six months and ever since Manik came back from Dubai something or the other is keeping them busy or away. In this 9-10 months of marriage, you can say that they have hardly been together for a month. So if you think that in that one month's time, opening up to their friends would be the only thing on their mind than I am sorry but you would be very wrong. And I feel like this is one of the reasons they revealed it to you. They dont deserve to stay away anymore otherwise they would have still kept quiet for yours and Alya's relationship sake.

Mukti: *with tears* I know Abhi and I am feeling bad just by thinking of their situation but he is one of my best friends and I think I have the right to be upset. We fab 5 never hid anything from each other and then I got to know such big thing so suddenly.

Abhi: *wiping her tears* I completely understand and you have all the right to be upset with him but sometimes being friends we forget that every individual has their own life to live and their own privacy and even friends need it no matter what.

Mukti: *hugging him* Hmmm.. *after few minutes* you go downstairs, I need some time.

Abhi: *kissing her forehead* Ok I will freshen up and go downstairs. Take your time.

Here downstairs, Manan were sitting on the couch waiting for Mukti to come down.

Manik: *worried* You think I should go and talk to her? Maybe apologise?

Nandini: *holding his hands* Mani look at me.. calm down ok! Bhai gaye hai na, woh bhabhi ko samjha denge. And why would you apologise? The person who should apologise is me, this marriage was kept hidden because of me!

Manik: *glaring at her* Tumne firse I, me start kar diya.. kabhi kabhi I dont understand tumhara dimaag itne holidays pe jata kaha hai tumhe chod ke...

Nandini: *glaring at him* Wahi jaha aapka dimaag jata hai..

Manik: You mean hamara dimaag tak saath mai ghumne jata hai bas hum nahi jaa sakte..

Nandini: Oh god Mani, you are back to that topic, I said na we cant go!

Manik: *pouting* But why? You dont love me anymore?

Nandini: *hitting his head* Mere buddhu pati dev we have been married for nearly 10 months now and dont you think its too late for it now?

Manik: *glaring* What do you mean too late? Buddhi ho gayi ho kya? And madam ours is pending and yaar kaisi ladki ho tum, every girl is excited about the honeymoon and when I told you we could go on our first anniversary you just plainly denied. Such unromantic wife I have..

Nandini: Toh koi aur dhundh lijiye..

Manik: You know I dont have that option.. tere bina chalta kaha hai ab mujhe..

He winked and a pure smile erupted on her lips which reflected on his too. She wrapped her hands around his shoulder hiding in his neck whereas he too enveloped her in his arms.

Nandini: Thank you!

Manik: Not at all needed jaan! You were holding yourself stronger for me but do you really think I wouldnt know that you are scared too?

Nandini: You are the best Mani!

Manik smiled making circles on her back being in the hug and calming her down when they heard a clearing of a throat.

Manik: *murmuring* Aa gaya mere pyaar ka dushaman.

Abhi: Mujhe laga tum dono worried honge but yaha toh..

Manik: And mujhe laga ki atleast shadi karke tu hume disturb karne ki aadat chod dega lekin tu toh..

Abhi was about to answer back but Nandini beat him to that glaring at both.

Nandini: *frustrated* Shut up you both! Dont start now! *worried* Bhai where is bhabhi?

Before Abhi could reply they heard Mukti from behind.

Mukti: I am here choti.

Nandini: *rushing to her and holding her hand* Bhabhi I know we have hurt you by not telling you before but we were helpless. But still, I am sorry bhabhi! Aap please Manik pe gussa mat hona he loves you a lot and because of me, he had to hide it.

Manik: Shut up Nandini! Stop taking the blame! Muku it was a mutual decision and I am sorry too! You know the reason why we hid it, please understand.

Mukti: Why? Why now? And Why did you tell me?

Nandini: Because you are a part of this family bhabhi, we didnt want you to know from somewhere else and think that we havent excepted you in this family because thats not true, you are very much dear to us.

Mukti *nodding and looking at Manik* I wasnt part of your family before I met Abhi?

Manik: Aisa nahi hai Muku you know fab 5 is my family too and I care a lot about you guys which is why I didnt tell you and Dhruv too and what she meant is only Murthys and Malhotras knew about this. Before we had a reason to hide and that was Harshad but after he was arrested, Alya's health became our reason. Do you think this is a fun game for us hiding everything from friends? Do you know because I didnt tell you guys about my marriage even she didnt tell Arneha who to her are just like how fab 5 is to me. We never thought of you guys outside the family but it was necessary decision to be taken under those circumstances and least I can expect is that you will accept our relationship because you do mean a lot to me so does your acceptance.

Mukti: 2 months..

Manik: Huh?

Mukti: Dont talk to me for two months! Remember Fab 5 rule! And rest of your punishment will be decided when the whole of fab 5 and Arneha knows about you guys.

Manik: Are you seriously serious? And its only a month btw!

Mukti: *glaring* This is your second time so two months!

Manik: You cant just change the rule!

Mukti: I can!

Abhi: Hang on! Ye kya 2 months 1 month laga rakha hai?

Nandini: Ya guys whats going on?

Manik: *bad face* Its a fab 5 rule that whenever a fab 5 member hides anything they get a month of silent treatment and no mercy on that! But this cheater changed it to 2 months!

Mukti: oh please shut up! You have hidden this thing for more than 9 months so shukar mana maine 9 mahino ka silent treatment dene ka nahi socha..

Manik: As if tu reh pati mujhse 9 mahine baat kiye bina..

Abhi: *cheeky smile* Waise ye jo tum dono kar rahe ho woh bhi baate hi hai so ye punishment kab start hogi?

Manik: *punching his shoulder* Sale tujhe bada maza aata hai na meri lagti hai tab..

Abhi: Offcourse abhi thodi der pehle teri biwi ne shut up bolke chup karwaya toh answer return karna reh gaya tha!

Manik: Meri biwi aise bol raha hai jaise teri behen toh hai hi nahi..

Abhi: Offcourse hai but uss waqt she was in wifey mode protecting you haina Nandu..

They both turned to see no one there.. Nandini dragged Mukti away not wanting to listen to them bickering again.

Manik: Waise you are right, she was protecting me but not as a wife, as a doctor coz she knows talking with you gives headache..

Saying this he walks off and Abhi took a minute to register before shouting innumerable abuses to his brother in law.

In the kitchen,
Mukti: *chopping salad* Woh umm Choti.. ek baat puchu?

Nandini: *stirring dal* Puchiye na bhabhi, why are you hesitating? Please can we be normal like before, I know you are still upset but I promise I will make it up soon.

Mukti: I am not upset actually..

Nandini looked at her in surprise.

Mukti: I mean I am that you guys hid it but I am also happy seeing you both together. So that boyfriend thing that day was a lie?

Nandini: *pouting* Sorry na bhabhi! Mai Arya ko kya bolti ki mai mere husband se baat kar rahi thi? He heard me say I love you to Manik and he assumed I was talking to my boyfriend and I did not correct him. But aap waha aa gaye and I had to lie to you as well. Sorry!

Mukti: I get it! Its ok! So you love him?

Nandini: I love him more than anyone bhabhi! You know at first I used to think that he is such a big rockstar and is used to all the publicity so he can have literally any girl and of course his Greek god-like looks dont help *Mukti chuckled* but then he is not at all what he shows to the world. Deep down he is a baby by heart and I love that baby in him, at the same time he is the most understanding guy I could have had and I am so grateful to Ayiappa for that. Sometimes I even wonder if I deserve him or not but I am too selfish to let him go so I brush off those thoughts. I havent told him this all bhabhi so aap bhi mat batana please, he will get angry knowing I think so because when it comes to loving me, even I cant love Manik Malhotra as much as he loves Nandini Malhotra.

She ended up smiling brightly with water lining her eyes. Mukti smiled and hugged her tight who hugged her back sniffing a little. Mukti broke the hug smilingly, wiped her tears and thought to change the topic but she was really happy for her best friend cum brother who has got Nandini as his life partner. She could see their love in their eyes.

Mukti: *chuckling* Lets get this dinner out warna dono bhukhad yaha aa jayenge.

Nandini giggled and nodded. They went out with food to see the boys setting up the table. They all had dinner whilst chatting, pulling each other's leg and of course Mukti avoiding Manik who was sulking and pouting at Nandini as if complaining. She awwed on this baby of hers and held his hand under the table blinking her eyes at him. After a while, Ishra returned and they also apologised to Mukti for hiding about Manan. Later they all went to their respective rooms to get some zzzs..

Nandini first got changed and then Manik went to the washroom. Just as he went his phone rang. She looked at it to see its Nyonika so she picked it up.

Nandini: Hi Nyomaa!

Nyonika: Nandu! How are you beta?

Nandini: Ek dum mast but I miss you!

Nyonika: Liar! Ek baar bhi call nahi kiya tune..

Nandini: Sorry na Nyomaa!

Nyonika: Sorry se nahi chalega you have to come and meet me tomorrow. Waise woh nalayak tere saath hai? Here I am waiting for him and usne kuch bataya bhi nahi..

Nandini: Woh maa Manik yaha Murthy villa aye the to tell Mukti bhabhi about us and maybe he forgot to tell you.

Nyonika: Bata diya? How did she take it?

Nandini: She is ok with our relationship but she is upset with Manik for hiding it.

Manik: Its ok beta, time ke saath she will be ok.

Nandini: Hmm maine Manik ko wahi bataya. *biting her lips* Waise Nyomaa if you dont mind kya Manik aaj yahi reh jaye?

Nyonika: *chuckling* Offcourse mai kaise love birds ko alag rakh sakti hu... karo karo romance..

Nandini: *wide eyes* Nyomaa!

Nyonika laughed and bidding her bye she disconnected whereas Nandini blushed. Soon she heard the door click and saw Manik coming out of the washroom.

Nandini: Mani you forgot to tell Nyomaa you will be here, unka call tha...

Manik: *rubbing his head* Haa dimaag se nikal gaya

Nandini: Kya hua? You ok?

Manik: Haan, I mean nahi thoda sa headache ho raha hai.. painkillers de do..

Nandini: Haa ek min.. *she gave him meds* Acha lie down, I will massage your head.

She got the balm and massaged his forehead with it for a few minutes after which she heard his light snores and stopped. She smiled and kissed his cheek.

Nandini: Sweet dreams Mani!

Author's note: Hey guys! I am back with another update. 4000+ words. How was it?

I know by title you might have thought revealing to all but nah.. and if you are not satisfied with Mukti's reaction, do tell me which way you would want it as and let me see if I can make amendments with other character's reactions like Arneha and Dhrulya.

Guys one more thing, you do realise that writing is a creative process right? Coz after my message last week that I have started writing and will post this week, I got message saying that ab toh update dedo kitna time lagta hai likhne mai.. Are? Tum likh ke dekhlo and that too such big part pata chal jayega and satisfaction bhi hona chahiye jo likha hai usme. Ughh some people just ruin the whole mood.. anyways thats the end of my rant! 😂😂

Ignore the typos please!

Pls vote if you liked it, drop long inline comments and follow me!
Silent readers, it won't take long to press that star button so pls do!
Lots of love from Vaish!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro