98. Final Revelation

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Malhotra mansion,
Manan's room,
Manan were sleeping peacefully in each other's arms after a long time. Ever since they returned from the hospital, Nandini was not in the right state of mind and usually slept away from him which did upset him but he understood her.. he knew she needs a little time and he readily gave her that. Today, she herself lay down in his arms keeping her head on his chest and he was the happiest. He took her in a hug and kissed her forehead before they slipped into a peaceful slumber. All the emotional exhaustion worked in their favour. After a few hours, Nandini woke up and looked at him. She caressed the frown on his head and kissed it. She knew he was not totally alright, neither was she but time heals. She got up and looked at the mess he created in the room and hit her forehead.

Nandini: *in mind* Ayiappa, ye Mani bhi na.. pata nahi gusse mai tod phod hi kyu karni hoti hai inko?

She thought to clean it but then left it knowing the noise would wake him up and she wanted him to sleep. More than his body, his mind needed rest. She carefully went to the washroom and sat down on the bathtub edge due to a sudden pang of pain in her foot. She looked at her foot to see it swollen. She massaged it a bit and decided not to tell anyone because if anyone comes to know about this, they will scold her. She pouted sadly due to the pain. She carefully freshen up and went downstairs. Going down one storey stairs felt like climbing Mount Everest due to the pain.

In living room,
Nandini: *Butler* Bhaiya sab kaha hai?

Butler: Ma'am woh sab bahar gaye hai..

Nandini: *frowning* Acha? Sab gaye hai? Kaha gaye hai pata hai aapko?

Butler: Sab mandir gaye hai aur Nyonika ma'am ne bola ki aap log uth jao toh bata du ki 5 baje tak aa jayenge woh log.

Nandini: Acha theek hai, aap mere liye chai bana doge please?

Butler: Ji ma'am abhi laya..

Nandini sat down on the couch and pulling her leg up, she massaged her foot.

Nandini: Itna kyu dukh raha hai..

Butler: Ma'am chai..

Nandini: Thank you, ek aur kaam bhaiya.. First aid box se pain killer bhi de dijiye..

Butler nodded and brought it for her while she sipped on the tea. After having tea, she took the painkiller. She was pressing her foot with closed eyes when she felt another hand on her foot making her open her eyes with a jerk. She saw Manik in front of her sitting on the coffee table caressing her foot.

Nandini: Mani.. leave it. I am fine!

Manik: *glaring* Shut up! Who the hell told you to exert your already broken leg so much?

Nandini: *pouting* Toh kya karti? You were in that condition you think mai calm reh pati? And its paining aur aap daat rahe ho.. bohot gande ho aap!

Manik: *shaking his head* Kya karu mai tumhara.. theek se gussa bhi nhi ho sakta since you are so adorable.

Nandini: *grinning* I know what you can do.. *he raised his eyebrow* Sit next to me and give me a tight hug.

She gave a proud look at her idea and he chuckled shaking his head. He sat next to her and squeezed her in his arms earning a giggle from her. He smiled and kissed her forehead while in the hug.

Manik: Always keep laughing meri jaan.. your laugh brightens my world.

Nandini: *pouting* But I am unable to make you laugh.. I know it's hard Mani but I have understood that we have to move on keeping Ansh in our hearts.

Manik: Time will heal us.

Nandini: Sure na?

Manik: Hmm and suno.. you have made me laugh in this past year more than I have laughed in my last 26 years so give yourself some credit..

Nandini giggled and snuggled into him already forgetting about her foot pain. Love does that to you.. it soothes you! Soon they heard a car sound outside and moved away from each other. They sat straight and Nandini asked the butler to get water for everyone.

Manik: Everyone?

Nandini: I don't know.. butler said ki sab log saath mai mandir gaye hai

Before Manik could say anything, everyone entered and smiled at Manan.

Manik: Kya baat hai sab log ek saath Mandir aaj? Kuch hai kya?

Nandini: Ha hame bataya bhi nhi.. hum bhi chalte... Ansh ke liye pray karte.

Manik tightened his hold on her hand which he was holding.

Nyonika: Hum bas aise hi gaye the and tum dono so rahe the so we let you.

Ishita: Hmm and Ansh?

Nandini: *proud smile* It's our baby's name. Ansh Manik Malhotra!

Raj: Beautiful name bacho.

Arneha and Dhrulya were getting very confused. Manan's baby? And their parents are okay with this without marriage? Agreed that they have modern thinking but this much? They were quiet for so many days while it was obvious to them that it was Manik's child too by the way Nandini was sticking to him. They couldn't keep their calm anymore. When everyone settled down, Aryaman spoke up.

Aryaman: Umm Nandini, don't get me wrong but how is he Ansh MANIK MALHOTRA?

He focused on the word Manik Malhotra making Manan look at each other and sigh. Its time! Time for them to reveal it to their entire extended family! Time for them to love each other freely.. to be with each other freely. At the same time, they were scared.

Raman: Aryaman beta wo..

Manik: Papa.. its ok! Hum batate hai..

Raman looked at Manik who blinked his eyes at him. Manik then looked at Nandini who nodded with a small smile and tightened the hold on his hand.

Nandini: Arya.. its true. Manik is the father of my baby. And no the baby is not conceived out of wedlock as you might be thinking. Manik is my husband.. I am Nandini Manik Malhotra!

Both Dhrulya and Arneha were flabbergasted with this news.

Alya: *recovering from shock* Wh... What? Come again?

Manik: It's true Alu.. she is my lawfully wedded wife.

Dhruv: What the fuck are you saying Manik?

Neha: Exactly.. guys give us something.. what the hell is happening?

Manik: Hear us out first guys.. we got married because Malhotras and Murthys had planned a merger but that got delayed and money was needed urgently for the project so Murthys gave money to Malhotras before the merger happened.. coz of course we were like one family and we trusted each other. In the meantime, we got news about an income tax raid which could possibly happen as it was happening with our partners' companies and because the merger didn't happen it could cause problems against dad as the money was lent from Murthys to Malhotras. The only option that was left was if we were legally or by blood connected. Now by blood was not possible and legally meant one of us siblings got married. Naira and Abhi are like brother-sister so they couldn't and the same goes with Cabir and Nandini plus he was dating Navya. So the only option left at that time was me and Nandini so we had to get married quick.

Alya: *after a moment* Ok everything kept aside, why did you hide it from us?

Nandini: *sighing* Because of Harshad!

Alya: Bhai? What has he got to do with this?

Manik stood up and sat next to Alya holding her hands in his.

Manik: Look Alu, before we say the reason, I just wanna say that I don't blame you for any of this so please don't feel guilty. Whatever Harshad does is not yours to own up to.

Alya: *blankly* Kya kiya ab usne? God why can't he let others live in peace..

Nandini: Last time I came here in February, he sort of bumped into me at Airport and he said we met at a party before. I couldn't remember but he told me to meet him in a café and before I could deny it he left so I had to oblige. Then when we met, he told me to give him a chance in dating. Now don't get me wrong Alya, but I didn't get positive vibes from him so I sort of didn't pay attention but when he went to the washroom, Manik spotted me. I and Manik too met at the Airport the same day. While I and Manik didn't recognise each other as being Murthy and Malhotra, we somehow clicked so when he spotted me, he came over to say hi and we had some conversation before he left for his meeting again. This was seen by Harshad so he came up to the table and told me I should avoid talking to other boys or being in relationships with them. I was shocked and shouted at him that who the hell was he to say all that.. and why should I listen to him? But what he said shocked me.. he said there was a big project between Murthys and Saxenas which he could leave and Murthys would bear the loss if I didn't listen to him. Though later Bhai and Appa said they would break the deal, I couldn't let them suffer the loss so I denied it. At the same time, all that Manik said happened and I was in a fix now. I and Manik then came up with the idea of hidden marriage. We couldn't tell the world at all but Alya at that time you trusted Harshad a lot and wouldn't believe us as we had no proof plus I was almost a stranger to you. So we hid it from you and we also had to hide it from Dhruv and Mukti as those two were the closest to you and we didn't want your relationships to suffer by hiding this from each other even though it killed Manik to hide this from you and it made me feel equally bad that because of me, Manik had to hide it.. *she looked at Manik with teary eyes who smiled and nodded in a no and she cleared her tears* Arya and Neha... first of all, I am sorry I hid it from you both and I have no valid reason other than the fact that I felt its only fair if Manik has to hide from his friends that I should also hide from you. Navya ko batana pada coz she was there when Harshad warned me and all because maine usse confirm karne ke liye bulaya tha ki aisi koi deal hai bhi ya nhi. Then when Harshad went to jail after a few months and Alya came to know his real face, we decided to tell everyone but tab Alya was pregnant and the doctor advised us not to give her any shock so we had to wait until she gives birth uske baad to you know what all happened and here we are almost a year later.

Alya was now in tears and hugging Manik while crying. She couldn't help but feel guilty after all the villain was her brother. Neha too had tears with all that her bestie went through and so did Nyonika and Ishita. Navya brought water for everyone and gave it to them. After a long silence, Dhiyaan's cry took their attention. Alya went to take care of him while Nandini went to Neha and Aryaman. She sat in front of them on her knees and held their hands.

Nandini: Arya, Neha, I know both of you consider me as your sister and you deserved to know but mai kya karti.. I was helpless. I am really very sorry.. please maaf kardo.

She held her ears and Aryaman nodded in a no and pulled her in a hug. She looked at Neha who looked on the other side. Nandini called her but she didn't look at her so she looked at Arya who shrugged his shoulders. She then looked at Manik with a crying face. Manik stood up and sat next to Neha.

Manik: Neha, I know we are not that close but I feel like you guys are my close friends just because of this little girl here.. she always talks about you guys and she is very scared of your reaction. She always says that she doesn't want to lose you both. And whenever she lies to you na, I have seen her crying in the guilt which used to hurt a lot but hum majboor the. I am not saying ki your anger is not justified but please give us a chance and yaar I promise mai utna bura pati nhi hu tumhari bestie ke liye..

Nandini smiled and stood up.. she moved Manik a little and sat between him and Neha who looked on the other side. But this time Nandini forcefully moved her head towards her.

Nandini: Kya hai?

Neha: *pouting* Tu aur Navya hamesha yahi karte ho.. mujhse sab chupate ho? Am I not your best friend too?

Nandini: Oh really? Aise kitni cheeze hai that we hide from Navya? And aise kitni cheeze hai jo you both have hidden from me? Maine toh aisa kabhi nhi bola?

Neha: Par..par

Nandini: Kya par par? Hum kabse itne insecure ho gaye ek dusre se? I agree this was a big truth I have hidden but it was the situation na.. if you were in place of Navya then I would have hidden it from Navya and told you..

Navya: And Neha honestly speaking, we don't have many secrets hidden from you.. it's just this one and all the lies we have spoken are because of this one.

Neha nodded while Nandini wiped her tears and hugged her. Before she could say anything, Alya returned with a sleeping Dhiyaan in her hands. She made him sleep in his cot and came back to others.

Alya: Manik, Nandini.. I am so sorry. Because of my Bhai, you both had to suffer a lot. I don't know what to say or do that would make your pain less.. since day one he has been a curse for you and if that was less my pregnancy became a hindrance in your freedom to love. You both didn't deserve this, I am sorry.

Dhruv: Buddy as much as I am upset that I didn't know what is happening in my best friend's life, I understand your situation and I forgive you.. hosake toh forgive us too.

Manik: Come on buddy, Alu.. you both don't have to apologise.. we already said it wasn't your fault.

Nandini: All we want is that all our friends accept us.. our relationship without any grudges in their hearts.

Manik held her hand and looked around. Everyone saw them and soon the whole younger gang pounced on them for a hug.

Alya: *cupping Nandini's face* I think you are a perfect match for Manik. Mai toh pehle se bol rahi thi to this idiot.. little did I know you guys were already married at that time... Manik must be laughing inside.

Manik: *smirking* I was!

Nandini hit him on his arms showing her eyes and Alya giggled showing her tongue to Manik who pouted at his wife.

Neha: Ummm... you are not alone Alya. Even though I was trying to find out what is going on between them.. in dono ne bhanak take nhi lagne di and stupid me, I thought she had a crush on him the way she always looked at him.. especially when he came to London.. such a lovesick puppy.

Neha bumped Nandini's shoulder slightly and Nandini blushed. Manik smirked and side hugged her.

Manik: *smirking* Really shona?

Nandini blushed more and his her face in his chest making everyone laugh and he kissed her head.

Dhruv: Buddy Shona? Really? Never thought you would be cheesy.. then why was I teased every time I called Alya baby?

Cabir: *at the door* Oh topiwale.. this is nothing, there are even more secret nicknames he has for her.

Manik: *sternly* Cabir!

Cabir: *shrugging his shoulders* So bata diya sab kuch?

Nandini: It feels so good Cabir bhai.. it feels light.

Cabir: *side hugging her* I can understand BHABHI! *she blushed* Hush I can finally call you bhabhi khulam khula..

Nandini: Ok! If you want me to call you jiju?

Cabir: Nandu hi thik hai

Nandini: Better!

Manik: *pulling Nandini away from Cabir and side hugging her* Kyu? You are his bhabhi na, let him call you that!

Neha: So should I call you jiju?

Nandini: *excitedly* Brilliant! I love that.. call him that only!

Manik: Hello? She asked me?

Nandini: So? I answered!

Ishita: Chalo bacho, dinner is ready.

Nandini went to the ground floor room to freshen up after asking the butler to clean up their room which was messed up because of Manik's anger.

Manik: Guys tum log chalo mai ata hu..

Cabir: Hogaya shuru.. guys welcome to the torture of Manik Malhotra.. sala itna wait karna padta hai iske romance ki waja se..

Manik: *punching him lightly* Kameena!

Cabir: *punching back* Kutta!

Manik: *rubbing his shoulder* Saale hara..

Nyonika: *glaring* MANIK AND CABIR MALHOTRA!

Both ran in different directions making the rest laugh. Manik went to the room where Nandini was and sat on the bed waiting for her to come from the washroom. He was lost on his phone when she walked in. She smiled widely seeing him and sat next to him. She saw him surfing his social media and posting something after a whole month.

Sometimes it takes sadness to know happiness, noise to appreciate silence and absence to value presence. #feelinglight #makeittogether

Manik looked at the side and saw her.

Manik: *biting his lower lip* Jaan Should I?

Nandini just smiled looking into his eyes. He got his answer but didn't do anything. He caressed her cheeks and kept smiling.

Manik: Bolo?

Nandini: *smiling more* You know this post will create fire? Especially in your girl fans' hearts?

Manik: That it will! But I wanna do it.

Nandini: *kissing his cheek* Do it!

He clicked on the post button and kept his phone aside. He turned to her and pulled her on his lap.

Manik: It feels so good na.. no more hiding.

Nandini: Hmm.. no more fear of being caught too.

She looked in his eyes and then his lips. He closed his eyes obliging to her desire. She bend down and took his lips in a soulful kiss. They were kissing each other after almost a month and it felt good to them. They took their sweet time with their lips moulded together but none moved. Manik's hand went inside her Kurti to her bare waist and as his hands rubbed her waist, goosebumps arrived on her skin. She bit on his lower lip and realising what she did, she sucked on it. Their lips started to move in sync while their hands caressed each other's body. This kiss was a way to show love more than a desire for them. They could have kept kissing if the door wasn't knocked.

Naira: Bhai, bhabhi wo mumma bula rahi hai aap dono ko dinner ke liye.

Manik: *breaking the kiss* Coming!

Naira left and Manik kissed her forehead.

Nandini: Mani.. I didn't apologise to you for something.

Manik: And what is that?

Nandini: I am sorry that for the past few weeks I wasn't giving you much response.. you tried to talk with me so many times and maine har baar aapko ignore kiya.. aapko bura laga hoga and I am very sorry for that.

Manik: I won't lie, it felt bad! But bacha let bygones be bygones.. I don't hold any grudges so you should forget as well. Besides, I love you too much to remember such small things.

Nandini: I love you too Mani!

Manik: Chale?

Nandini nodded and stood up from his lap. She straightened her clothes and then adjusted his hair which she ruined. Both left the room hand in hand. Everyone saw them but none teased them as they knew they needed this time. They all started to have dinner with fab 5 phone pinging again and again, especially Manik's. Manik was smirking looking at this and winked at Nandini. Cabir saw this and spoke up.

Cabir: Kya kiya ab aapne Majnu Manik?

Manik: *innocent face* What maine kya kiya?

Mukti: Manik ye innocent face rehne de.. no one here is buying it.. spill it, why are our phones pinging so much.. did you post something?

Manik: *sheepishly smiling* I might have.

Cabir was going to open the phone when Navya hit his hand lightly.

Navya: There is nothing that can't wait Cabir. Have your food.. you have decreased your diet so much.

Everyone: What?

Nyonika: Cabir, beta sab thik hai na?

Ishita: Koi problem hai Cabu?

Raman: Ha ye Raj ne tera workload badha diya kya?

Raj rolled his eyes at him.

Manik: Bro any problem?

Abhi: Cabir you can share.. you know na?

Nandini: Bhai koi health problem toh nahi ho rahi na..

Arya: Cabir kuch toh bolo?

Neha: Ha jiju you need any help in anything?

Navya and Cabir kept looking at everyone with wide eyes. Cabir cleared his throat before speaking.

Cabir: *wiping his fake tears* Bas kya guys, rulaoge kya? Itna pyaar?

Dhruv: Cabir stop your drama! Guys kuch problem nahi hai isse... Our gym trainer said his weight is on the borderline of going overweight and has strictly told him to lose a stone.

Everyone nodded and sighed. Cabir goofily smiled at his whole family and blew flying kisses to all making them laugh and taking the opportunity kissed Navya's cheek making her blush while others cleared their throats. After dinner, all had forgotten about Manik's post but the constant pinging of the phone brought their attention back to it.

Alya: I need to check what you have posted.

Cabir: Exactly.

They checked and looked at Manik with wide eyes. Parents asked what it is and fab 5 showed it to everyone.

Mukti: You guys announced?

Nandini: Correction bhabhi.. he announced.. I haven't posted anything otherwise it would be so obvious that it's us.

Manik: Well I thought it's about time we posted. It's been almost a year.

Neha: Waise when is your first anniversary?

Manik: *smiling widely* 12th Feb.

Arya: Oh that's like in less than a week.

Alya: Man how did you manage to hide it for a whole year.

Nandini: Don't even ask Alya.. it was so hard. And to top it the long distance.

Dhruv: Dang!

Alya: Kuch bhi lekin.. I am upset that I missed your wedding.

Neha: Me too! Nandu do you remember our pact? Dazzlers had a pact that we will enjoy each other's wedding to the fullest.

Mukti: Even I am upset about that.. I thought after my and Cabir's wedding that Manik ki shadi toh baki hai abhi.. one more wedding to enjoy but I guess we were the last weddings of the group.

Naira: I have an idea! *everyone looked at her* You guys don't need to be upset.

Nandini: Doll ye tum kya bol rahi ho?

Naira: Are bhabhi, they wanna enjoy your wedding na so abhi ek week baki hai toh why don't we get you both married again on your anniversary?

She looked at everyone expectedly. Everyone beamed at her except Manan.

Nandini: Umm I don't know.. I mean everything that has happened with Ansh, would it be good to celebrate?

Manik: Jaan, I know you are going on the wrong tangent in your mind. No, you are not selfish. Wanting happiness is not selfish Jaan.. stop thinking that.

Nandini: But Mani...

Voice: Manu sahi keh raha hai puttar.

Everyone looked at the door to see Nani and Dadi there. Everyone went to them and met them.

Nani: *cupping Nandini's face* Puttar suna humne jo bhi hua, isiliye hum aye hai.. Mai samajh sakti hu ek ma hone ke nate tujhpe kya beet rahi hai lekin ye tumhari pehli saalghira hai.. ye nahi manayi toh hamesha afsoos rahega tum dono ko.

Nandini hugged Nani crying yet again. Soon she cleared her tears and went to Manik who was also a bit teary. She sat on her knees and forwarded her hands.

Nandini: Manik Malhotra, will you do the honour of marrying me again?

Manik: Yes, yes, thousand times yes.

He pulled her up and hugged her tight.

Author's note: Hey guys! How's the update? Liked it?

A little late but I compensated for it with a 4000+ words update. Huff this took me long enough to write so please respond nicely.

Last few chapters left. I know some wanted me to continue with more but I don't wanna ruin the story by dragging it. Though I will give you an epilogue and some bonus parts if possible.

Ignore the typos, please.

Also, by the way, I said I will MOSTLY upload on weekend so I never said weekend only or every weekend just so some of you are clear.

Please vote if you liked it, drop long inline comments and follow me!
Silent readers, it won't take long to press that star button so pls do!
Lots of love from Vaish! ❤

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro