28- The Way Back Home

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Love isn't something you find, it's something that finds you when you're not looking." - Unknown

~~~~
Tay

I paced back and forth in my room, my mind racing with thoughts of New. My father's words echoed in my head - "I expect you and New to be there... together." But I wasn't sure if New would even agree to go with me.

I stopped pacing and slumped onto my bed, remembering how worried I'd been when New came home late. I'd been angry, but beneath that anger was a deep-seated fear. What if something had happened to him? What if I'd lost him?

But then I'd kissed him, senseless and desperate, and now I couldn't shake off the feeling. I wanted to kiss him again, to feel his lips under mine and his body against mine.

I sat there, my hand on my racing heart, trying to calm the storm brewing inside me. Doubts crept in, like a thief in the night, stealing my confidence. Was it the alcohol that made me want to kiss New? Or was it something more?

I thought back to the moment I stopped myself, sober enough to realize what I was doing. But then my father's words echoed in my mind - "Get physical, Tay. Make New fall in love with you." I felt a wave of nausea wash over me. Was that why I kissed him? To manipulate him into loving me?

But deep down, I knew it wasn't true. Love was a word I never wanted to understand, a feeling I never wanted to experience. It was all an act, a means to an end. Once New fell in love with me, my father could achieve his goals, and I could finally live my life on my own terms.

Or so I thought.

Now, as I stood there, my heart pounding in my chest, I realized it wasn't that simple. I felt something, a spark that I couldn't ignore. And it scared the hell out of me.

"What the fuck is happening?" I whispered to myself, trying to make sense of the chaos inside me.

I felt a surge of emotion, something I couldn't quite name. And in that moment, I knew I was in trouble.

I stood under the warm shower, trying to wash away the turmoil inside me. I took a deep breath, letting the water cascade down my face. I had to inform New about the dinner party next week. I'll have to take him with me, no matter what he says. And I'll also have to find out what father is hiding from me. Why does he even want me to...make New fall in love with me? What is love, anyway?

I shook my head, clearing the fog. I couldn't think about this now. I turned off the shower and got dressed, heading downstairs for dinner.

New was already seated at the dining table, his eyes fixed on his plate as he drew circles with his fork.

"Eat," I demanded, dropping into my chair.

New's head jerked up, his hand flying to his heart. "Jesus Christ, Te! You scared me!"

I raised an eyebrow, a smirk playing on my lips. "Scaredy cat, now stop being adorable and eat your food."

New's face turned red as he glared at me. "Don't call me that!"

I groaned, taking a bite of my own food. "What, scaredy cat?"

New's scowl deepened. "Not that, don't call me adorable."

I snorted, intrigued by his reaction. "Why, Trouble? What's wrong with being called adorable?"

New mumbled, his eyes avoiding mine. "I don't like it when people use endearments that they don't mean."

I fell silent, my gaze locked on New's profile. There was something vulnerable about him in that moment, something that made me want to reach out and touch him.

But I didn't. Instead, I changed the subject. "By the way, there's a dinner party at my home next week. We're going."

New's head snapped up, a look of surprise on his face. "We are?"

I nodded, my jaw set. "Yes, we are. And let me make one thing clear: I expect you to dress formally. No exceptions. My family will be there, and I won't have you embarrassing me."

I glared at him. "I don't want to see your waist exposed or your back without a piece of cloth. Got it?"

He chuckled, "Well, you telling me not to do something only makes me want to do it more."

I frowned, my tone firm. "I'm not joking, New. If you want to play games, I can play too. But trust me, you won't like the consequences."

"What consequences?" He asked, a hint of defiance in his voice.

I raised an eyebrow. "Not something you can handle, Trouble. So be a good boy and listen for once. It's a family tradition to celebrate my mom's death anniversary. Okay?"

He grimaced and then nodded. "I won't ruin it. I'm not that stupid."

"Good for you then," I said, my tone softening slightly. "I'll pick you up at 6 on Monday and we can go home together."

"Monday's a problem," New said, his tone laced with annoyance. "I have class till 5."

"I'll pick you up from college, and we can come back here for you to change," I suggested, my voice firm.

New's eyes widened in alarm, "You can't pick me up from college! Absolutely not."

I narrowed my eyes, my jaw clenched. "Why not? I'm your partner, and I want to make sure you get home safely."

New's face reddened, and he crossed his arms. "I don't need your help, Te. I can take care of myself."

I raised an eyebrow, my tone skeptical. "Really? Then why do you always seem to find yourself in trouble?"

New's eyes flashed with anger. "That's not the point! The point is you can't just show up at my college and embarrass me in front of my friends."

I leaned forward, my voice assertive. "I'm not going to embarrass you, New. I just want to take care of you. But if you're going to be stubborn, then maybe I should come to your college and meet your friends."

New's eyes widened in horror. "No, you can't do that!"

I smirked. "Oh, I think I can. And I will, if you don't start cooperating."

New's eyes widened in horror. "No, you can't do that! I'll ask one of my friends to drop me."

I narrowed my eyes. "Friend who?"

He rolled his eyes, "Stop acting like a jealous boyfriend!"

And what if I'm not acting? I smirked. "What if I'm genuinely concerned about you spending time with other guys?"

New rolled his eyes. "Look who's talking. You're not my father, Tay. And even if you were, I'm an adult. I can handle myself."

I wanted to reach out and brush the strand of hair out of his face. "I know you can, New. But let me take care of you too."

New's eyes fluttered closed, and for a moment, I saw a glimmer of vulnerability. But then his eyes snapped open, and he looked away, his jaw clenched. "Fine. You can pick me up. But just on Monday."

"I'll pick you up every day," I said, my tone firm. "No more public transport."

New's eyes flashed with protest, but I cut him off before he could speak.

"Think about the money you'll save," I added, my gaze holding his.

He mumbled under his breath, "I guess that's true."

But then his expression turned stubborn. "I don't need you to pick me up every day. I can take care of myself."

I nodded. "Then I'll pick you up on Monday."

New's eyes narrowed, a hint of surprise in his voice. "I thought you were too busy for that."

I leaned in, my voice low. "I'm a busy man, but I'll always make time for you."

I kept the last part to myself, but New's eyes sparkled with curiosity.

"What did you say?" he asked, his tone slightly sharper.

I shrugged, my expression neutral. "Nothing."

New rolled his eyes and went back to eating, but I could tell he was still thinking about our conversation.

I'm a man consumed by my dangerous world, where sleep is a luxury I can barely afford. But everything changed when New entered my life. Now, protecting him is my top priority.

He's a handful, constantly testing my patience, arguing, shouting at me, and hurling insults my way. Yet, in the same breath, he kisses me back with a passion that leaves me breathless. He reminds me daily how much he hates me, but I see the crack in his facade, the glimmer of desire he can't hide.

And I want him. I want him for myself, with a ferocity that defies logic. Why? I don't have the answer. All I know is that I'll stop at nothing to claim him, to make him mine.

New may think he hates me, but I know the truth. He's drawn to me, just as I am to him. And I'll use every ounce of my power to make him admit it.

When New finished eating, he took his plate to the sink and started washing it. I glared at him, my tone firm. "Let the workers do their job, New. That's what I pay them for."

He looked up, a hint of defiance in his eyes. "But you told me to clean my own mess."

I shook my head, my voice assertive. "That's not what I meant. I meant for you to take care of yourself, not do chores. Let the staff handle it."

New sighed, his shoulders slumping in defeat. "Fine. Do whatever you want. I'm so tired." He yawned, and for a moment, I felt a pang of...something. No, I refused to acknowledge it. New was not cute. He was a handful, a constant thorn in my side.

But as I watched him walk back upstairs, I found myself following him, my eyes fixed on the way he moved with a quiet confidence. I pushed the thought aside.

As we reached the top of the stairs, New turned to me, his eyes narrowed. "You're still following me?"

I raised an eyebrow, realizing too late that I had unconsciously followed him to his room. "I'm just making sure you're safe."

New snorted. "Safe? Like, inside our own home? You're funny."

My heart skipped a beat at the word "our home", but I kept my cool. "Thanks?"

New rolled his eyes. "That wasn't a compliment."

I smirked. "Then what did you mean?"

New's cheeks grew redder by the minute. "I meant that the only threat in this house right now is you."

I leaned against the doorframe, intrigued. "Why am I a threat?"

New groaned, his words tumbling out in a rush. "Because you...you...I don't know! You just are, okay?"

I snorted, enjoying the sight of New flustered. "Good night, Trouble."

New shot back, "Good night, asshole," before disappearing into his room, leaving me to stand guard outside his door.

I stood there for a moment, listening to the sound of New's door closing and the soft murmur of him muttering to himself. I couldn't help but smile at the way he always seemed to find a way to get under my skin.

As I turned to head back to my own room, I couldn't shake the feeling that New was getting to me in ways I didn't want to admit. His sharp tongue and quick wit were just a cover for the vulnerability I'd glimpsed beneath.

But my mind kept wandering back to New, and the way he'd said "our home" with such ease. It was a small thing, but it felt like a crack in the armor I'd built around myself.

I was knee-deep in work, my eyes scanning the financial reports and market trends as I made key decisions for our company's future. Monday came faster than I expected.

Just as I was about to make a crucial call, I glanced at my watch and remembered that it was 4:30 p.m. - time to pick up New, from college. I knew he attended the same college as Joss and Gemini, so I didn't need to bother finding out his schedule.

I slid into the driver's seat of my sleek
black sedan, the leather creaking softly beneath me. As I pulled out of the driveway, my mind drifted back to the financial reports and market trends still swirling in my head, the college buildings coming into view as I navigated through the bustling streets. I waited for New to come out.

Just as I was starting to get impatient, New emerged from the building, looking as beautiful as ever. His bright smile and sparkling eyes made my heart skip a beat. He spotted me and rolled his eyes, but I could see the hint of a smirk on his lips.

But my gaze was quickly diverted to the guy walking beside him. He was a little taller than New, with strong facial features and piercing brown eyes. There was something familiar about him, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

As they reached the driveway, amidst the chaos of students heading home, New turned to the guy and gave him a warm hug. My eyes narrowed as I watched the guy hug him back tightly, his hands lingering on New's back. And then, he kissed New's forehead, his lips lingering for a fraction of a second too long.

My mind went blank. Who the fuck was this guy? And why was he kissing my husband? I felt a surge of possessiveness and jealousy, my heart racing with anger. I clenched my fists, trying to calm myself down, but my eyes never left the scene unfolding before me.

New seemed oblivious to my reaction, waving goodbye to the guy before turning towards me with a smile. But I knew I couldn't hide my emotions for long. This was not over.

As New approached the car, I could feel my anger simmering just below the surface. I tried to play it cool, but I could tell my expression was tight.

"Hey," New said, getting into the car. "What's up?"

"Who was that guy?" I asked, trying to keep my tone neutral.

New looked at me, a hint of confusion on his face. "What guy?"

"Don't play dumb, New. The guy you were hugging and kissing."

New's expression changed, a mixture of guilt and defiance crossing his face. "Oh, that's just Inn. We're friends."

"Friends?" I repeated, my voice rising. "You don't hug and kiss your friends like that."

New sighed, rubbing his temples. "Te, don't make a big deal out of this. Inn is just a friend, okay?"

I raised an eyebrow. "A friend who kisses you on the forehead?"

New's face went red, and he looked away, mumbling something under his breath.

I started the car, my mind racing with questions and doubts. Who was Inn, really? And what was his relationship with New? I knew I had to get to the bottom of this.

"Wait for a minute, Te," New said, his voice firm but laced with a hint of mischief.

I raised an eyebrow, confusion etched on my face, but I came to a halt. "What's going on? Why do I need to wait?"

New didn't answer, his gaze fixed on something behind me. I turned to see what had caught his attention, and that's when I spotted Joss and Gemini walking towards us.

"Ah, perfect timing," New said, a hint of a smile on his lips. "You forgot your brothers. They're heading the same way. They'll ride with us."

I frowned, but let him be. New got out of the car and rushed towards them, embracing Joss and Gemini with a warm smile.

"Hey, P'Tay!" Joss grinned, his eyes sparkling with amusement. Gemini, on the other hand, narrowed his eyes, his expression unreadable.

"You didn't get your car?" I asked Joss, noticing that they usually drove together.

"Yeah, I did," Joss replied, passing a wink to me and New. "And you two love birds can go alone. We'll just drive in my car."

New rolled his eyes, a hint of annoyance in his voice. "More like a hawk and a crow."

"And I'm the hawk, and New's the crow," I shot back, a smirk on my face.

New spat back, "You're the crow."

Joss chuckled, intervening before things escalated further. "Okay, okay, now stop fighting. We just came to say hi."

New smiled, his expression softening. "Yeah, but get in. We're riding together."

He pulled Gemini into the backseat, and Joss took the front seat beside Me, exchanging a warm smile with New.

"Let's get going, then," I said, starting the car with a confident turn of the key.

The drive back home was shrouded in silence, punctuated only by Joss's occasional commentary on basketball. "Man, I'm telling you all, I'm going to crush it on the court this season," he said, his enthusiasm infectious.

New chuckled, his eyes crinkling at the corners. "Sure you will, P'Joss."

Joss continued to chat, his words spilling out in a steady stream. "And Gawin's being a total ass, as usual. I mean, I know he's your brother and all, New, but seriously, can't he just chill?"

Gemini rolled his eyes, his expression skeptical, he remained quiet, his gaze fixed on the window.

New laughed outright, his shoulders shaking with amusement.

"Oh, Phi, you're so dramatic." Gemini said, finally.

Joss playfully rolled his eyes. "Hey, someone's got to keep things interesting around here."

Gemini muttered a brief response to New's quiet question about his day, his voice low and subdued. Otherwise, he kept his eyes fixed on the window, his expression distant.

The rest of the drive passed in a similar vein, with Joss's jokes and New's laughter filling the car, while Gemini remained quiet, lost in his own thoughts.

As we arrived home, New quickly changed into his dress, while Joss and Gemini somberly prepared themselves for the evening ahead.

"Thanks for having our dresses brought over, P'Tay," Joss said, his voice tinged with sadness.

"No problem," I replied.

New reappeared, looking elegant in his dress, and gave a warm smile. "What do you think? Will I do?"

Joss smiled back. "You look beautiful, New. Mom would have loved you."

"Thanks, Joss. And Gemini, what do you think?" New asked, seeking his opinion.

Gemini nodded. "You look good."

I couldn't resist teasing New. "Actually, you look like a clown," I murmured.

New rolled his eyes, walking downstairs. "Talk for yourself."

Joss intervened, shouting, "Stop fighting! By the way, P'Tay, Grandma Nat is going to be there, so behave. She wants to see how much in love the newlyweds are."

I groaned, "Then I guess we'll have to pull out our best acting skills." I hid the smile creeping onto my face. I loved Grandma Nat and she deserved the world. She was strict when it came to matters of the heart, so I'd have to stop myself from glaring at New for the night.

"What do you mean by act?" New asked, confused.

Joss explained, "Well, you can't roll your eyes or glare at each other. No sassy comments. Act like you love each other and would die for each other."

New raised an eyebrow. "So, you want us to act lovey-dovey?"

Joss nodded, smirking. "Yeah, and make it believable. You guys bicker every second. Right, Gem?"

Gemini nodded, "Wouldn't be surprised if my ears start bleeding."

I narrowed my eyes at him, and he glared back, while New chuckled wholeheartedly. "That should imply to you both too," New said, pointing his finger at me and Gemini.

"I always behave," I said, walking away from them. "It's already late, come out now."

With that, we set out for the dinner party, ready to face the emotions of the evening together. As we drove, the silence was punctuated only by the sound of our own thoughts.

"Some hand-holding would be perfect," Joss added, a sly grin spreading across his face, as we stood facing the large oak door.

New raised an eyebrow. "You want us to be that obvious?"

Joss nodded. "Yeah, Grandma Nat will eat it up. She loves seeing you two lovebirds together."

I rolled my eyes. "Fine, but don't expect me to start gazing into New's eyes all night."

New chuckled. "I wouldn't dream of it, Te."

Gemini snorted. "Yeah, right. You two can barely go five minutes without bickering."

I shot him a look. "Hey, we can too behave ourselves."

New took my hand, giving it a gentle squeeze. "We'll be perfect angels, P'Joss and Gem. Don't worry."

My heart skipped a beat as New's hand brushed against mine, but I quickly pushed it aside. Tonight was about honoring our mother's memory, not about indulging in feelings.

"Let's just get through this night without any drama, okay?" I said, looking at my siblings.

Joss and Gemini nodded in agreement. We stood before the imposing oak door, its dark wood polished to a warm sheen, the soft glow of the setting sun casting a golden light on our faces. The sound of muffled voices and clinking glasses drifted from within, a reminder of the gathering awaiting us, as we steeled ourselves to face whatever emotions lay ahead.

As we walked inside, I could feel the weight of our mother's absence. The room was filled with familiar faces, all gathered to celebrate her life and legacy. Grandma Nat beamed with pride as we approached, her eyes shining with tears.

"Ah, my dear children," she said, embracing us one by one. "I'm so proud of the people you've become. Your mother would be proud too."

I felt a lump form in my throat as I hugged her back. As I watched, Grandma Nat reached out and gently touched New's face, her eyes shining with warmth. "You're so beautiful, New," she said, her voice full of emotion. "Inside and out."

New's cheeks flushed, and he looked away, but Grandma Nat continued, her voice filled with sincerity. "I'm so sorry I couldn't make it to your wedding, dear. I was in the States at the time, but my heart was with you both."

I felt a pang of surprise - I hadn't realized Grandma Nat had been unable to attend our special day.

New turned back to her, his eyes softening. "It's okay, Grandma Nat. We understood."

Grandma Nat's gaze lingered on New's face, her expression filled with love. "I'm so grateful to have you as a part of our family, New. You bring so much joy and light into our lives."

I felt a surge of happiness at her words, knowing how much they meant to New. He deserved every bit of acceptance, and I was grateful to see him receiving it from the people who mattered most.

We took our seats at the elegantly set table, surrounded by the soft glow of candles and the gentle hum of conversation. As we settled in, the evening began with a series of heartfelt speeches and stories, each one weaving a tapestry of memories and love.

New squeezed my hand under the table, and I glanced at him, surprised. He gave me a gentle smile, and I felt a flutter in my chest.

As my father stood up to make the toast, I nodded respectfully, my expression neutral. "To my dear wife, Jooy," he said, his voice trembling with emotion. "Today marks a difficult anniversary, but I'm grateful to have all of you here to support us. Jooy was an incredible woman, full of love and light. She touched so many lives, and I'm so grateful to have had her by my side for as long as I did."

He paused, collecting himself before continuing. "I know she's no longer with us, but I want to honor her memory by living the way she taught me to."

As my father spoke, I saw something in him that I hadn't seen in a long time - vulnerability. He was always so strong, so in control, but today, I saw a glimmer of sadness in his eyes, a crack in his facade.

He talked about my mother with a tenderness that I'd never heard before, a softness that made me feel like I was seeing him for the first time.

But even as I felt a pang of sympathy for him, I knew that I couldn't let my guard down. He was still the same man who had manipulated me, controlled me, and used me for his own gain.

I glanced at New, and saw that he was watching me, his eyes filled with a mixture of curiosity and concern. I knew that he was wondering what was going on inside my head, but I couldn't let him in. Not yet.

My gaze drifted to the farthest corner of the room, where Gemini, my youngest brother, sat alone. We hadn't spoken in months, not since our last argument. But as I looked at him, I saw something that made my heart skip a beat.

As everyone raised their glasses to toast, a single tear streaked down Gemini's face. He quickly wiped it away, but not before I saw it. I felt a pang of surprise, followed by a wave of guilt. I had no idea he was still hurting so much.

I looked away, feeling a mix of emotions I couldn't quite process. My father's vulnerability, Gemini's tears, New's concerned gaze - it was all too much for me to handle.

As I raised my glass, my movements felt mechanical, forced. "To Jooy, our beloved mother." I echoed, my voice flat.

But my eyes kept drifting back to Gemini, wondering what he was thinking, feeling. And for the first time in a long time, I felt a spark of connection to my brother, a sense of shared pain that I couldn't ignore.

After the dinner party, exhaustion hit us like a ton of bricks. Traveling late at night wasn't an option, so we decided to stay at home for the night. Unlike last time, we were now married, and the dynamics had changed.

As we entered my room, I gestured to the single bed. "Don't worry, New. You can just sleep in the adjacent room. Nobody will know."

But before I could even finish the sentence, Grandma Nat appeared out of nowhere, a sly grin spreading across her face. "Som, lock the other room's door through the bathroom. We can't have our married couple sleeping apart, can we?"

P'Som chuckled and complied, leaving us with no choice but to share the bed. New's eyes widened in surprise, while I just shrugged, trying to play it cool.

As we prepared for bed, the tension between us was palpable. We exchanged awkward glances, both of us aware of the elephant in the room. Or rather, the elephant in the bed.

As we lay down, New kept a safe distance, his eyes fixed on the ceiling. I could sense his nervous energy, and I couldn't help but feel a little excited. This was going to be an interesting night.

As we settled in for the night, New suddenly got up and announced, "I'm going to take a shower."

I nodded, watching him disappear into the bathroom. A few minutes later, he emerged, his hair damp and his skin glistening with droplets of water. But what caught my attention was the white shirt he was wearing - my white shirt, the one I had lent him earlier.

It was a little too big for him, reaching down to his thighs, but he still managed to pull it off. I felt a flutter in my chest as he smiled sheepishly and said, "Hope you don't mind. I didn't have a change of clothes."

I shook my head, trying to play it cool. "No, it's fine. You can wear it."

As he slipped into bed beside me, the scent of my soap and shampoo wafted up, mingling with his own unique scent. It was a heady combination, and I found myself acutely aware of his presence beside me.

We lay there in silence for a moment, the only sound the creaking of the wooden bed. Then, without thinking, I reached out and adjusted the collar of the shirt, my fingers brushing against his skin.

New's eyes met mine, a spark of electricity running between us. I pulled my hand back, feeling a flush rise to my cheeks. "Sorry," I muttered.

But New just smiled and turned off the light, plunging us into darkness.

The darkness seemed to amplify the tension between us. I could feel New's presence beside me, his chest rising and falling with each breath. I tried to focus on my own breathing, but my mind kept wandering back to the sensation of his skin under my fingertips.

Suddenly, New's voice cut through the silence. "Teh?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks for letting me stay here tonight."

I smirked, despite the darkness. "No problem."

The silence returned, but this time it felt more comfortable. I started to drift off to sleep, only to be jolted awake by New's movements. He was shifting closer, his body inching towards mine.

"New?" I whispered, my heart racing.

"Yeah?" he replied, his voice barely audible.

But instead of answering, I felt his hand brush against mine. It was a tentative touch, but it sent shivers down my spine. I didn't pull away, and neither did he. We lay there, hands touching, the tension between us crackling like electricity.

And then, without thinking, I intertwined my fingers with his. It was a small gesture, but it felt like a leap of faith. New's hand tightened around mine.

We lay there, hands entwined, the silence between us thick with emotion. I could feel New's heart beating in time with mine, our pulses racing with anticipation.

Slowly, New's fingers began to stroke mine, sending shivers down my spine. I didn't pull away, too caught up in the sensation. His touch was gentle, yet electric, sending sparks flying through my entire body.

I turned my head, my eyes locking onto his in the darkness. I couldn't see his face clearly, but I could sense his gaze on me, burning with intensity.

Without thinking, I leaned in, my lips brushing against his. It was a soft, tentative kiss, but it ignited a firestorm of emotions within me.

New's lips parted, inviting me deeper. I hesitated for a moment, my heart racing with excitement. Then, I deepened the kiss, our lips moving in perfect sync.

The world around us melted away, leaving only the two of us, lost in the moment.

As we broke apart for air, New's eyes sparkled with a mix of surprise and delight. I smiled, feeling a sense of wonder myself. That kiss had been unexpected, yet inevitable.

New's fingers tightened around mine, pulling me closer. I didn't resist, my body leaning into his. Our lips met again, the kiss deepening into something more passionate.

"Hey, Teh? Can I say something?" New spoke as we parted.

"Sure, what's up?" I replied, curious.

New's expression turned stern. "You have to stop kissing me without warning. It's freaking me out."

I smirked, unable to resist. "Oh, sorry. I'll try to control myself."

And then, without thinking, I pecked his lips again. New's eyes widened in surprise, and then he hit me playfully on the arm.

"Hey! I just told you to stop doing that!"

I burst out laughing, and New joined in, his laughter soft and rich. We both laughed until our sides hurt, the tension between us dissipating into pure joy.

Finally, we calmed down, gasping for air. New grinned at me, his eyes sparkling. "You're impossible, Teh."

I grinned back, feeling carefree. "That's why you love me."

New's smile faltered for a moment, and I wondered if I'd gone too far. But then, he smiled again, and we both drifted off to sleep, our laughter still echoing in the air. "I think the alcohol's talking," he slurred, a sly grin spreading across his face.

I chuckled, feeling a bit dizzy myself. "Yeah, must be."

We both laughed, the tension between us dissipating. New leaned in, his voice low. "You're not going to lend me some pants, are you?"

I shook my head, smiling. "Nope."

New rolled his eyes, a dramatic sigh escaping his lips. "Great. Just great."

We both drifted off to sleep, our arms still entwined. As we settled in, New muttered, "Bad night, Tay."

I smiled, feeling a sense of contentment washing over me. "Bad dreams, New."

And with that, we both fell into a deep sleep, the events of the night already feeling like a distant memory.

^^

I hope you've enjoyed Turbulent Ties so far!

And, let's be real... Tay and New's drunken antics have been a highlight for many of you (myself included!). Fear not, dear readers, there are MORE TayNew drunk scenes on the horizon!

Our total word count has reached 97,208 words! Your feedback, comments, and encouragement mean the world to me, so please keep sharing your thoughts!

On a side note, I've just realized I've been so caught up in the story that I totally forgot... New is still 22 and a uni student! I know, I know, it's crazy! I haven't even written a scene with him in college yet! Guess that's a plot thread to explore soon?

And I'm considering adding multiple pov, including JossGawin's college experience. Would you like to see the story unfold from different viewpoints?

Stay tuned for more updates, and let's keep the story going! Love you all lots! 😗 ❤️

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro