Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Jaemin shied away when he saw the alpha, not wanting to deal with him. You know, Jeno wouldn't really be that bad when he didn't threaten him in the first place. He has great facial features like his fierce eyes, sharp jaw, cute smile, even overall physically. A perfect visual for an alpha. He could even get addicted to his scent. Someone that Jaemin could have a big crush on.

Jeno's also nice, unless he doesn't see Jaemin and keeps his mouth close.

The beta didn't even bother to look back, he lets them talk a bit. Although, he didn't want them to. They just spent the whole day together yesterday, that should've been enough. But, of course, he still leaves them. What can he do? The last thing he wants is to create a show inside the store or worse, get Renjun to be worried about his harsh relationship with Jeno.

Jeno just had a glance at the beta behind, walking away from them, before he looked back at Renjun. His blood didn't boil this time, maybe he doesn't have the energy to. Also, he's starting to work on his temper issues.

"You didn't come to the store this morning," Renjun uttered.

"Ah, well...I needed to practice harder these days. We're just here to grab something to eat," Jeno answered, pointing at the guy behind him who was picking a bunch of things, who is Yangyang.

The omega nodded, "So did we! But we have to go back as soon as possible."

The alpha hummed, "Sundays are just one of those busy days?"

"Yeah. It's a good thing Jaemin attended work today. I'm happy that he was able to. If he didn't, we'd be in deep trouble."

"Really? Well...good for you."

Jeno wouldn't stop him from talking about the beta. As much as he hates Jaemin, Renjun's really enthusiastic when it comes with him. At this point, maybe that beta had a better chance than him in the first place. The only thing that makes him different from Jaemin is him being an alpha. But he grew up competitively. He didn't want to back down.

Their world is a competition of mates. Renjun's the only omega that made him feel butterflies and other fluffy things. It's impossible that the omega's not going to be his.

All he wants to do to Renjun is to protect him.

"Are you...free this Saturday?" Jeno asked.

Renjun gave him an apologetic smile and chuckle, "Sorry, Jen. I have to work and also, I'm going to an orphanage the next day with Jaemin for a cost."

The alpha was taken aback, "Oh...Really?"

"Yeah. I am excited about it! I've been wanting to do some donations. It makes me happy when the people around me are happy."

How can someone hate him? He literally has the most genuine heart.

Jeno smiled, "That's alright."

"Maybe you can come? Do you want me to ask Ja--"

"No! No, it's fine. I have practice every Sundays."

Renjun looked at him worriedly, "You don't have any rest day?"

"Well, it's almost tournament season so we'll get as much practice as possible, but I still don't know," Jeno shrugged, "But it's nothing. I've been doing it for years."

"Really? You don't feel anything now at this point, huh?"

The alpha laughed softly, "It's not that. I'm just so used to the fatigue."

Renjun pouted, "You can't get out of practice?"

"In some cases, I can ask coach to cut the practice just for a day," Jeno said, "More likely, when it's exams week."

"Th-Then, to make it up to you since I can't go with you this Saturday...I-I can maybe join you for a study session. Just so you have someone to study with you," the omega uttered.

Jeno was taken aback, "Study with me?"

Renjun nodded, "I don't have any education...so we're both starting from scratch. Atleast you're not the only one who feels lost."

The alpha got flustered by the idea of it. The omega didn't have to do it, anyway. Jeno was happy that he volunteered.

"I don't want you to get bored," the alpha said.

"Don't worry, I like reading books and also, it'll be fun. I'll be your library buddy!"

Jeno smiled, "Alright, if you want to."

"Atleast I get to make it up."

"You didn't have to, Renjun--"

"But you don't get to say no now! You agreed to it already," the omega giggled.

"Jen, we need to go," Yangyang suddenly butts in, showing the time on his phone.

Jeno shrugged at Renjun, "I have to go."

"It's alright. I'll see you around, Jen."

Jaemin was just seating on the table nearby, waiting for them to stop. He sighed, looking out of the window. The beta already has the food, paid. He doesn't want to pull the omega away. It'll just trigger something. But surprisingly, Jeno didn't gave him a glare this time. Well, it'll just give Renjun a hint what is happening between them if the alpha did anyway.

Just as he was about to look what was going on, he got surprised when he saw Jeno and his friend running out of the store. His eyebrows furrowed at it, confused. But his attention went to the omega who stood beside him.

"You didn't join us in the conversation," Renjun said, pouting, "Are you guys having a hard time getting along?"

Jaemin's eyebrows raised, looking up at the omega, "N-No...I'm just very timid, that's all. I don't know what to say either," he excused, "Also, I needed to pay and prepare the food."

The omega nodded, "Okay. I'll just pay for mine then we can go."

As soon as they paid, both of them walked out of the convenient store. Renjun kept himself close to Jaemin, not wanting him to be paranoid or something.

"Do you feel weird when Jeno's around?" Renjun asked.

Jaemin chuckled, "Nothing's wrong. Don't worry. He's just...intimidating."

"Alphas are naturally intimidating, anyway."

"Right. And you're not surprised that Jeno's very kind towards you?"

Renjun hummed, "People around me treats me the same, but I was. He is very 'alpha' anyway. I'm glad that he is kind and gentle towards me...I don't get to meet an alpha like him every day."

Jaemin nodded. Atleast he knows how Renjun possibly feels towards Jeno. The beta somehow wanted to know anyway. He doesn't know if he's getting anywhere with this. But he barely did something. He just has to atleast get closer to Renjun. Bad thing about it is that he doesn't know how to plan things out. He just let things happen. But he wants to win against that alpha, he atleast needs to do something.

Though, in the back of his mind, this isn't going to be worth it in the end.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro